Fourty

Bettys arm was linked in mine as we headed into Lodge number two , it was in full swing . Me and Betty went into the kitchen where we bumped into Chuck .
"You made it " he said close to me since i could bearly hear him cause of the music .
"Of course i said i would "
"Well this is yours " he said handing me a bottle of Vodka .
"For real " i say
"Yeah as long as we have a shot " he said getting the shot glasses. I was about to turn round and ask Betty if she wants one however she had dissapered. I filled up the small glasses.
"Cheers " we say before knocking it back both of us scrunching up our faces slightly as we put the glasses back down on the counter.
"How about one more shot ? Before i get dragged to dance by someone " i say .
"Your on " he said pouring us another one which went down easier than the last one . I felt someone touch my shoulder and i turn around to see Veronica .
"I was wondering if we could talk " she asked me timidly so i give her a nod and follow her outside near the hotub.
"I just wanted to clear the air with you Luna " i stopped her from talking anymore.
"V i shouldnt have gone for you in the speakeasy but i know one thing and that Archie adores you. Even if yous two cant get back together i know youll still be there for him "
"Ill always be there for him and you aswell Luna " she said giving me a hug "i shouldnt have called you a psycho " she said with a little laugh "let me guess now youre going to drag me to dance " i say rolling my eyes
"You bet i am " she said pulling me back inside both of us with our cups in hand . Me and Ronnie seemed to dance for hours along with Toni , drinks were getting spilt left right and centre they sure were going to have fun cleaning that up tommorow.
"Your man is on his way over " Veronica winked , i couldnt help but grin as i knew a smirking Sweetpea was behind me . I turned around and i was right he had a smirk on his face no suprise .
"get that smirk off your face right this minute " i say taking another sip of my drink .
"Luna Andrews i cant help it , i cant control myself around you " he said the smell of alcohol radiating off of him.
"And you my boy are a thing called drunk " i say lacing my fingers with his
"Ive only had a few "
"Right sure i believe that " i laugh " bet you dont mind that youve come on this trip after all "
"Its alright , thats all im saying "
"Im waiting to hear you say Luna you were right about this field trip , i should listen to you more often " i say mocking him
"Youll be waiting a long time. I wont be saying that anytime soon " he said before starting to dance with me , one sign that he was drunk he wouldnt dance normally at parties we went to until he had a few drinks down him .
"Yous two are still going strong " Veronica said looking at us with a smile on her face.
"Of course we are " Sweetpea said before leaving a kiss on my head . Later on Sweetpea was god knows where most likely wherever the drinks were . I was with Betty until Veronica had gave me a look to come over and i noticed it was her , Archie and Reggie . I walked over and Veronica hugged me only to whisper in my ear "could you please get rid of Reggie for a minute ?"
"Count me on it " i say before wrapping my arm over his shoulder
"Come on bro lets go " i say walking us away from them however he turnt back to see Veronica getting close to Archie which made him huff and storm off into a bedroom i followed after him . I locked the door behind us he was sat on the bed so i sat next to him .
"Reg whats up ?" I ask him
"Its Veronica " he huffed and didnt say anything else
"You might have to elaborate , im not a mind reader "
"Once again ive be dropped for Archie , first Josie then Veronica "
"Reggie they love each other as much as you probably dont want to hear this them feelings wernt just going to go away "
"I seem to be second best "
"Well that i understand , ive always been second best to Archie not that anyone likes to admit . Its always Archies sister or Andrews sister not Luna so i get it " i say .
"Reggie do you want some advice? " i ask
"Go for it "
"Youve got to open your eyes a bit not go for the same type of girl each time , as much as you annoy me you still are a nice boy bit of a dick at times but you can easily find someone . I know that " i say to him
"Yeah ive got to admit i have been a dick to you quite a few times "
"Well i have to you aswell"
"Luna listen i know youre with Sweetpea " as soon as he says this i begin to panick what on earth was he going to say .
"Did i ever have a shot with you ?"
"Honestly Reggie i have no clue . But focusing back to the present your a pal of mine majority of the time so have a drink on me " i say handing him my bottle which he took a swig from .
"Thanks Luna or should i say Archies sister "
"Fuck off " i say with a laugh before getting up from the bed he soon copied and we left to join the rest of the party once again. Me , Kevin and Veronica danced the rest of the night away until everyone practically left .
"Im off to go find Archie ill see you on the coach back " Veronica said before going upstairs.
"Ill meet you back at the Lodge Kev " i say as he takes off with the others while i go to search for Sweetpea . After around half hour of searching i found him in the bathroom .
"You good to go " i say as he is zipping up his jeans he turns to see me
"Lets motor "
"Well your motorbike aint here so " both of us left the lodge , Sweetpea stumbling a bit so i held his hand so i could try and keep him steady. As we approached the lodge i stopped Sweetpea at the door.
"People might be asleep so try and be quiet " i say even though i know he wouldnt be. I opened the door and all the downstairs lights were off so everyone must have been in their rooms , Cheryl and Toni were probably not sleeping knowing them . I walked in and hear Sweetpea slam the door shut .
"You need a glass of water " i say taking him to the kitchen as im looking for a glass i hear a loud crash and Sweetpea is laughing at the plate he dropped .
"I dont reckon anyone is asleep now " i say holding the water until he sat down on a stool . He drank some water .
"Its literally a furnace in here " i say shaking my t shirt
"Do you wanna cool off ?" Sweetpea smirked before throwing the rest of the glass of water over me . I stood there shocked and wet .
"Are you kidding me ?" I say laughing looking down at my now soaking tshirt , Sweetpea looked at me before i ran to the sink filling up a cup and throwing it at Sweetpea which he tried to dodge but failed miserably. Both of us began fighting for the sink both chucking loads of water over one another safe to say the kitchen was practically flooded. As we bumped into each other to get more water i slipped in the puddle of water and knocked over Sweetpea and fell on top of him . He ran his hand through my wet hair before bringing me closer to him .
"Get upstairs and get out of them wet clothes . Ill kick Fangs out the room " he says making me laugh.
"Youre so nice to your friends , i dont reckon that will be working tonight from how much youve had to drink "
"Yeah we will see about that " both me and Sweetpea ran upstairs to his room.
"Fangs . Man . You want to go see Kevin or something " Sweetpea says with me behind him . Fangs looked at both of us .
"Im going to see Toni please dont have sex in my bed " he groaned before leaving the room .
"Help me get these off " i say laying down lifting my legs up undoing the button so he could pull them off. He started to pull of the wet denim and struggled .
"Pea im gonna fall off the bed " i say before gripping the sheets
"Not the only time ive made you grip the sheets " he smirked
"Shut up and get these off me " he carried on and eventually got them off my legs and onto the floor . I peeled off the wet tshirt and threw it on the floor , Sweetpea soon got undressed and both of us got into the bed somehow we both managed to fit mainly because i was laying on top of him . Sweetpea left a kiss on my head .

The next morning i woke up to hearing mine and Sweetpeas name being called out , Sweetpea was still asleep so i shook him .
"Get up were being called downstairs " i say before getting up and throwing on Sweetpeas top . Sweetpea got up and put on some sweatpants .
"My head " Sweetpea groans
"Baby i would have sympathy but you practically drowned yourself in alcohol last night and plus weve gotta get down there come on " i say as he trudges sleepily behind me .
"Whats all the shouting about ?" Sweetpea groans as we come downstairs then we realise our chaperone is standing there arms folded in front of everyone she doesnt look impressed whatsoever.
"Oh shit " i mumble quietly before sitting down and joining the others.
"Thank you for finally joining us , so the whole room arrangements seem to have gone out the window " she said dissaprovingly .
"So it seems you all had a good time last night didnt you , sneaking out after room check to party in the second lodge. So i take it all of you went last night" at first no one answered her , Sweetpea had his eyes shut and was leaning back on the sofa.
"Erm yes we did " Josie spoke up
"Well thanks to everyones antics last night we are leaving today "
"What " bascially everyone groans
"So i suggest you go pack your stuff right this minute , but first whos ever responsible for that mess in the kitchen can stay here while the others pack "
"Oh here we go " Sweetpea huffed . Everyone went up to get dressed and pack their stuff .
"So you two will be having a detention the first day were back "
"For what its a bit of water " Sweetpea argued
"You are sitting a detention because first of all you both snuck out and then you made that mess "
"So what everyone else bascially did but they dont seem to be here listening to you right now "
"No some of the others in Lodge two will also be having a detention "
"Im not sitting here listening to this bullshit " Sweetpea huffed before getting up and walking away.
"Okay Sweetpea looks like ill be seeing you two days next week after school "
"And i wont be coming " he said before storming up stairs . The chaperone looked at me dissaprovingly before leaving so i went back upstairs to pack my suitcase ready to go home two days early . Everyone was practically quiet the whole way home . None of us knew what was waiting for us once we gor back from Riverdale.