Nineteen

You currently had people running for mayor like my Dad and people running for student president like my brother . Currently i was sat next to Sweetpea and Fangs was the other side of Sweetpea in the school hall .
"Okay now just a quick reminder that this school hall is a PTA sponsered event " Alice said as she stood infront of all the candidates . Sweetpea began to stand up and Fangs copied his actions .
"Oh looks like we have our first question" she says pointing to Sweetpea.
"Yeah no offense to the uh current administration" he says holding up the leaflet he had in his hand "but it doesnt feel like anyones looking out for the students being bussed in from the southside " Fangs patted his back. "Is that gonna change ?" He asked.
"Absolutely Sweet pea thats our priority " Jughead spoke up before Betty interupted " and no one should feel marginalized or here , Jughead and i will be representing all students north and southside alike " she finished making Sweetpea roll his eyes before sitting back down .
"Next question . Yes Midge "
"My question is for Archie and Veronica . Rumor has it that your parents will soon be on opposite sides of the Mayoral election , wont that negatively affect your working relationship ? "
"Archie and i adhere to the old maxim that politics are never discussed at the dinner or the cafeteria table " Veronica said making people laugh.
"Shame he cant adhere to that at home " i mutter .
"Veronica and I are on the same page about everything including her familys plans for a prison on the southside " i heard a boo come from Sweetpea and Fangs next to me . "In the meantime however were committed to improving the quality of life at riverdale high which means more extra curriculars "
"Reggie and I agree . Except add the fact that we can and will deliver results "
"And were chill unlike these guys " Reggie adds making me laugh slightly .
After we had finished at the event i went into the swords and the serpents , i was sat on top of a desk casually swinging my legs back and forth . Betty was sat at the desk on the opposite side to mine .
"You promised us a war " Sweetpea moaned . "Then your on stage looking like Buddy Holly sucking up to the northside " he said angrily to Jughead .
"We need the votes Sweetpea. Its the only way we can get change , whoever gets elected gets a seat on the school board . That means were on the inside that means they cant silence us "
"You and the northside princess you mean " Sweetpea said referring to Betty .
"Wait is that why you guys are pissed ? Betty is on our side !"
"Yeah ive helped the serpents on numerous occasions . I got Cheryl to testify in court so Fp your king could get early parole "
"You did all that for your boyfriend not the serpents "
"All right take it down Sweetpea " Jughead said as he stopped leaning on the desk and stood straight up .
"What! Its only a matter of time before she bails on us just like her mother "
"Okay so your objections arent even about me they are about my mom"
"Her legacy yeah. Shes an enemy of the serpent state taking shots at us in the register for years , blaming us for crimes we didnt commit. Running with a turn coats daughter is a slap in the face . And for that reason alone youre not getting the serpent vote " once Sweetpea finished this sentence i had heard enough i got up and went to leave.
"Where are you going ?" He asked me sourly , i shoved passed him .
"Nowhere " i say before leaving the room and going down the hall only to be caught by Reggie .
"Where you off to ? "
"Out" i reply bluntly before moving him out of my way .
"Always a feisty one ay " he winked at me before letting me walk out of the school and sit out at a table at the front . I sat here just day dreaming really before i knew it i had missed bascially all lesson so i headed back into the school and saw Toni and she pulled me aside to tell me about Cheryl going missing and something about the sisters .
"We need to find Kevin . Come with me " i say linking her arm as we walk and eventually find Kevin in the common room with Veronica . We sit down at a table speaking between us . I notice Sweetpea on the other side of the room occasionally looking over me but i have bigger things to worry about right now.
"Yes it absolutely could be the sisters of quiet mercy . Its one of the places that still does conversion therapy " Kevin said looking at us all .
"What the hell decade is this ?" Toni exclaimed
"During prohabition the sisters ran a distillery in the basement . They used to smuggle booze out to Sweet water river via a tunnel that still exists today " Kevin told us all.
"Wait a tunnel we could use to get to Cheryl potentially ?" Veronica asked.
"Gay boys in the programme use it to sneak out to hook up with perfectly nice young men like myself in fox forest " he admitted.
"Wait Kevin can you lead us to this secret gay hook up tunnel ?" I ask him
"I can probably find it . But we should go at night "
"Okay so Toni you pick me up and then we will come get you Ronnie "
"Ill meet you in Fox forest " Kevin nodded. We all exited the common room apart from Toni .

Soon enough darkness had rolled over Riverdale i had "gone to bed " as i quietly crept downstairs in my black sweats and a matching sweat shirt  . Toni was just outside waiting for me in a truck . I opened door shutting it gently behind me hoping not to wake my Dad up . I got into the truck.
"I look like a cat burgled but i must say Topaz you are looking absolute fire "
"Thank you girly , lets go get veronica "
"And then lets hopefully go get your girl " i wink at her. We arrive at the pembrooke and wait for Veronica.
"Sorry had to wait for my parents to do bed check " she said strutting towards us.
"I wish i made more of an effort " i say glancing at how nice the other two were dressed.

We met Kevin in Fox Forest and he was working out where we all have to go.
"According to my intel the tunnel that leads from the main residence comes out here " he says as we look at a door with vines wrapped over it.
"Okay thats are way in then " i say eager to get it and help Cheryl.
"All right Kevin you stay here , if were not back in 15 minutes call your dad okay"
"Okay" he says before the three of us begin to walk through this tunnel .
"When we get to the main building what happens then ?" Veronica asked us
"We search each and every damn room till we find her "
"Lets go " i say leading us up a ladder into the building .
"Okay lets split up we will cover more ground that way " i instruct
"Okay but be careful" Veronica warns before we begin to jog down the halls in the hunt for Cheryl . I soon bumped into Toni again and we checked some more rooms eventually we came into a room that looked like a small cinema room and there was rows of people there. We couldnt see very well due to the projecter light .
"Cheryl! Cheryl! Are you in here ?" Toni says sheilding her eyes from the light. We then noticed Cheryl stand up with tear stained cheeks .
"Toni?"
"We came to rescue you "
"You did?" Cheryl ran up towards the pink haired serpent , Toni simply nodded at her before carressing her face and bringing their lips together and i was standing there watching with almost tears in my eyes. Their moment got interupted by Veronica running in .
"Cheryl , Toni , Luna weve gotta go there is a bunch of nuns coming . We have to go . Come on !" I ran behind Veronica and Toni pulled Cheryl out by her hand soon enough an alarm was ringing and nuns were coming in our direction.
"This way " i shout above the alarm leading everyone towards the tunnel making sure they all get down before me . I climbed down and we began to go down the tunnel , all four of us were running the nuns closely running behind us . I felt someones arm reach out to grab me as i was out of the back of the line so my instict was to turn round and i threw my fist knocking the nun back making her fall , another one attempted to grab me so my fist swung for her jaw .
"Quickly lets go " i shout and we quickly sprint to the end of the tunnel and get out . Kevin slammed the door shut behind us inserting a crow bar so it was barriacaded. We could hear banging on the other side .
"Come on lets go" Kevin said wrapping his arm over Kevins shoulder.
"What happened there ?" He asked looking down at my now bleeding knuckles which already had a bruise forming.
"Dont even ask " i say quietly as we all head off to the truck to go home.