Twenty Three

Everyone has gathered for Midge Klumps funeral , i was meant to be with the vixens but i stuck with my family instead . I was stood with Dad and Archie with Veronica linked around his arm. After the music had cut out Cheryl had began to speak up as she stood beside Mrs Klump .
"I also feel its my duty to say that like the furies of ancient Greece who ceaselessly pursue blood atonement when a crimes been committed , the vixens and i vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister is rightly punished " she announced . Sheriff Keller went to Mrs Klumps side .
"Mrs Klump , i just want you to know that the sheriffs department is working around the clock " before he could finish his sentence Mrs Klump palm went straight across his cheek making everyone gasp.
"Youre suuppsed to be protecting our children ! And you should be ashamed of yourself " Cheryl began to escort her out but before she did she said " your days of failing this town over and over again are numbered Sheriff " once the service had finished a few of us went to pops as Jug began to dicuss his theories about a copycat killer . Soon enough it was much later me and Archie headed home together both of us went straight upstairs however during the night i heard sounds by the window of my room i slowly got up from the bed and with my trembling hands i pulled back the curtains at that point i wish i didnt as i saw a hood which was all too familiar . I quickly turned on my feet and ran to the door as i heard the window open i ran down the stairs tripping on the last step , i quickly pulled myself up and ran towards the kichen. We stood at opposite ends of the counter , my heart was thhumping out my chest.
"Why are you doing this " i stutter staring into his pure evil green eyes. He came closer round the corner so i ran towards the door and tried to turn the key . I felt two hands grab me and throw me to the floor , my watery eyes watched him stand up and rub his bloody hands across the kitchen wall before running off into the night . My hand went to my neck and i saw red liquid all over my fingers . My eyes began to drift shut .
I sat up sweat drippin down my forhead and struggling for breath . I managed to calm down my breathing as i wiped the sweat droplets from my head . I crept into Archies room he was lying awake .
"Luna you alright ?"
"Can i stay in here ? " he threw back the covers for me to get in .

I sat downstairs with Dad stiring my bowel of cereal , Archie soon came trudging down the stairs . He had dark circles around his bloodshot eyes we both could tell he hadnt slept.
"You look like youve had a rought night " Dad said taking a sip of his coffee . Archie sat down next to me.
"I cant stop thinking about what the Black Hood wrote , Dad. All those who escaped me before will die . Maybe you should leave town and visit Chicago , go stay with Mom "
"Uh huh where would you two stay ? Here alone ? Sheriff Keller has put a deputy outside "
"Midge was murdered in an auditorium full of people . You really think a deputy can stop the black hood " overwhelmed from my dream last night and the conversation going on over the table i got up.
"Im going out " i sat before leaving giving the deputy outside a smile as i left. I took Vegas for a walk and then i came back and Archie wasnt at home and neither was Dad . I decided to go get food from pops as i was about to walk into he diner i spotted Veronica.
"Hey V , have you seen Archie ?" Automatically Veronica looked guilty
"Veronica what is it ?"
"You dont need to worry ive got it under control "
"Youve got what under control "
"Nicks got Archie "
"What ! And you didnt tell me !"
"Luna calm down im meeting Nick now "
"Not without me your not " i say following her in . We noticed Nick sitting in one of the booths , both of us sat down opposite him .
"Veronica you look lovley , oh i see you brought a friend "
"I need proof that Archies okay " he showed us a picture of Archie with a bloody nose .
"You barbarian ! Where is he ?"
"First the money "
She handed him over a bag which contained money .
"Theres no way this is all of it "
"Let go of Archie and i will give you the rest " i couldnt listen to this anymore i quickly left the diner and sat down on the steps . Soon after Veronica came out .
"Luna i promise you it will be alright "
" dont you dare say that . This is all your fault Veronica ! You better make sure he is alright " i spit before walking away from her and towards the southside. I banged on Sweetpeas trailer door however he didnt answer so i sat down on the steps resting my head in my hands i didnt even have my phone since i left it at home . I sat there and didnt realise how much time had passed while i was thinking about Archie. I got distracted from my thoughts as i heard a motorbike and looked up to see Sweetpea getting off his motorbike .
"Luna " he said walking up to me . I got up and followed him into the trailer.
"Whats going on ?" He said noticing how on edge i was as i sat bouncing my leg up and down looking down at my phone.
"Archies been taken , i dont know where he is "
"What ?" Sweetpea says shocked
"That Nick guy hired his goons to take Archie , I wanna go help but i have no clue where he is "
"Nick , that creep from the five seasons " i nodd
"This is all Veronicas damn fault " i say in frustration
"Luna calm down "
"How can i be calm ? They could be doing god knows what to Archie right now and i cant do anything about it " Sweetpea wrapped his arm around me bringing me close to him . "The serpents will help you "
"Really ?"
"Of course come on , we will go to the wyrm and get the others " he said getting up and grabbing his jacket . As he slid his body into his jacket my phone rang and a picture of me and Archie lit up the screen . I quickly answered the phone and put it to my ear .
"Archie please tell me your okay "
"Luna im okay , im okay . Nick didnt go near you did he "
"Thank god your okay how did you get away , no he didnt "
"It doesnt matter how i got away , dont tell Dad okay ?"
"I wont but Archie shes put you in danger too many times "
"You cant blame Veronica "
"Wake up Archie " i say hoping he would realise.
"Im back home and Ronnies about to come up to clean me up so i gotta go "
"Im glad your okay Arch , bye " i calmed down .
"Take it we dont need to go to the wyrm " i give him a small smile . Sweetpea sat back down and began to lean closer towards me bringing his slightly chapped lips to mine , he began to kiss me with more force as did i . He pushed me down on the sofa and hovered ontop of me as he rejoined our lips with each others , the need for each other was growing . My fingers tugged at black locks . One of his hands ran down from my face to my neck , as i felt his hand on my neck it came back . The dream , the blood spilling out my neck however this time the blood was on Sweetpeas hands as he tried to stop it . I couldnt help but push him off of me .
"Luna are you okay ?"
"Im fine , im fine " i say my hand resting on my neck .
"Im sorry " i say getting up and trying to smoothen my messed up hair.
"Baby come here " he said wrapping his arms around me resting his chin on my head.
"Talk to me " he said quietly
"It was a dream last night thats all and it came back and this time you was in it "
"Do you wanna stay here tonight ?" I nodd . He took my hand and led me to the bedroom . We lied down next to each other Sweetpea wrapped his arm around my waist so i was against his front. He kissed my head .
"Everythings gonna be alright you know "