Fourty One

All of us stepped off the coach the chaperones had already told all our parents what had happened . Archie waited for me while i spoke to Sweetpea.
"So meet me at school tommorow " i say which he just nodded to . His phone buzzed twice but he just ignored it . Something wasnt right here the whole way home he was quiet and he had been acting off .
"Pea are you okay ?" I ask
"Im fine just pissed off about the dententions thats all " i was skeptical . I got a bit closer to him cupping one side of his face with my hand .
"You would tell me if it was anything else wouldnt you " he nodded once again . "Ive gotta go okay " i say and he nods. I leave a kiss on his cheek before going over to Archie .
"So what do you reckon Dads gonna say ?" Archie asks me
"Hes going to be annoyed about the detentions i know that much " as we neared the truck we noticed there was a passenger also in the front.
"Whos in the truck?" I asked Archie until we got closer and realised it was Mom .
"Moms back " I say
"We must be in trouble then " Archie said as we got into the truck.
"Mom we didnt know you was coming back "
"Just thought id check in thats all but we need a chat once were home " she said looking at us both in the mirror. Me and Archie just looked each other.

Once we got home me and Archie were sat on the couch in the living room , Mom was stood in front of us . Dad walked in .
"Fred dont worry ill deal with this " she says to him
"You sure " she gives him a nod and Dad left to take Vegas for a walk .
"So it sounds like you had a right good time , partying and then damaging property "
"Thats a bit extreme " i say
"Well you was at a school trip you were meant to follow the rules , and youve both ended up with detentions"
"But Mom you say for us to have fun " Archie said
"I know i do and i dont mind you having fun whatsoever but not when its going to get you in trouble "
"To be honest Mom the school have beaten you to it weve had to come home early and got dententions "
"Look kids i dont want to moan at you because i know you was just having fun but some things youve just got to be more smart about and try not to at least get caught " she said .
"Go on get cleaned up youve had a long journey back" Archie went upstairs and i got off the couch to go upstairs aswell to unpack my stuff .
"Luna sit back down " so i sat back down expecting her to say something about the detention but she didnt she sat down next to me and wrapped her arm around me bringing me close to her . I had missed my Mom a lot more than i actually realised.
"How are your classes going ?" She asked me
"Boring as ever but im sitting through them " i say making her laugh
"Oh come on there not that bad , hows Sweetpea? Your dad told me yous two were back on track after the summer "
"Yeah hes okay i think "
"You think " Mom said looking at me concerned
"He just seemed .. I dont know .. Like not right on the way home . He said he was just annoyed about the detention but i dunno it just sort of seemed more than that "
"If youre worried just speak to him " Mom suggested
"If only that boy was that simple " i say.
The next morning i woke up on the couch so im pretty sure i fell asleep and Mom didnt want to wake me up . I got myself ready and headed out the door with Archie as we both walked to school like we did most mornings.
"Im glad Moms back " i say
"So am i , she might be able to help Veronica with some legal stuff to do with her Dad"
"What has that crooked man done now ?" I ask
"Veronica found out she doesnt actually own pops and the speak easy he does"
"No way , i bet shes gutted "
"Yep thats why im hoping that us three can sort some form of plan "
"Moms a smart woman , no doubt she will be able to help you " i say before we parted ways at school . I wandered over to Fangs who was by his motorcycle.
"Morning " i say to him before sitting down on his motorbike seat .
"Good morning Luna Andrews " he said to me with a slight smile on his face
"Whats got you so happy ?" I ask
"Kevin just came out to ask me to go catch a film with him at bijoux tonight "
"Awh is Fangs blushing " i say grabbing his cheek
"Leave it " he said knocking my hand away
"Seriously its nice to see you happy Fangs" i say giving him a little smile which he returned.
"I take it Sweetpea is late as per usual "
"Erm no actually hes not coming in today i thought he told you"
"No he didnt say anything , is he alright ?"
"He seemed fine he just didnt want to come into school i dont think" both of us walked to our first lesson of the day . I couldnt help but think if Sweetpea not being in today had something to do with yesterday and the mood he was in. The day dragged on slowly but detention finally came round the corner .
"You all know why your here , you must complete the essay in front of you . There will be no talking to one another . Youre time starts now " he said before sitting at his desk. I looked round at who was here , there was me , Reggie , Archie , Chuck , Veronica and Cheryl. 20 minutes into writing my essay i felt my phone buzzing in my pocket as i was sat near the back i snuck a look to see who was calling it was Fangs . I ignored it obviously he knew i was in detention . A few minutes later it rung again and it clicked that it might be important especially since he rang more than once while i was in detention a place where he knew i wouldnt be able to answer. So i answered.
"Fangs whats up ?" I ask instantly the teacher got up and walked slowly to my desk most likely to take my phone . All of my other classmates had turnt to see what was going on.
"Its Sweetpea ,he isnt in a good way "
"What do you mean ?" I ask . The teacher has reached my desk and has extended out his arm for me to hand over my phone .
"Can you get to his place ?"
"Ill be right there " i say panicking i got straight up putting my phone in my pocket .
"Excuse me Miss Andrews where do you think your going ?" I ignore him and quickly leave the classroom running down the halls and out of the school to the southside part of town . As i left Veronica and Archie both looked at each other worried as to what was going on . I reached Sweetpeas trailer steps and Fangs must have heard me since he came outside .
"Whats happened ?"
"I think hes been fighting "
"Why?" I say frantically
"He wont tell me Luna , but you need to get in there "
"And youve got to get to your date "
"I dont wanna ditch you like that"
"Fangs go honestly . Ill deal with this " i say reassuring him making him take off and then i rushed inside to see Sweetpea , his whole trailer messed up . I couldnt see him .
"Pea . Its me " i say as i begin to wander round eventually i hear a smash sound which came from the bathroom . I opened the door and instantly knew what he had done the mirror was smashed and his hand was bleeding badly as was the other one it didnt take a genius to work it out .
"Pea come on you need to sit down " i say slowly getting closer to him , i went to grab his hands and get him to sit down .
"Get off me " he snaps pushing my hands away
"Okay okay but come and sit down please " i say leading the way to the couch in which he followed . He sat himself down on the floor leaning himself against the couch. I sat myself down next to his knee so i wasnt directly next to him or directly in front of him. His breathing was heavy his hands were shaking , i just had no clue what had got him this worked up .
"Talk to me whats going on ? Fangs said you were fighting" he just looked at me .
"Please just talk to me , was you fighting ?" He just nods .
"Why ?"
"He doesnt matt... It doesnt matter "
"Pea please just let me in " i say slowly moving my hand onto his knee i had to avoid my hand going near his last thing i want to be doing is hurting him any more . He didnt shove off my hand so i wrapped my arms around him bringing him to my chest .
"Its my Dad " i hear him say quietly . This was all i needed to hear , i wasnt going to push to know what he had done if he wanted to tell me he would but right now he just needed some TLC. Towards the end of him saying that i heard his voice crack slightly . I tightly held him against my chest resting my head on his . I sat like this for quite while just craddling him . Once i let go of him i cupped his face.
"You dont have to explain to me . Lets get you sorted out okay " i say before leaving him sat on the floor while i got the first aid box . I looked down at my tshirt as it was covered in blood but i couldnt care less . I cleaned up his first hand and wrapped it up , the second one i had to take more time with as i had to be careful he didnt have glass from the mirror in his hand . Eventually i cleaned it with alcohol which must of stung like an absolute bitch then i wrapped the other one up . He needed to rest so i managed to get him into bed , i got into bed next to him . I was facing his back i could tell even though he had calmed down deep down he was hurting more than ever , he always has some tough exterior however sometimes he isnt tough and he feels vunerable and he absolutely hates it and hates me seeing it. I wrapped my arm around him and he instantly grabbed my hand holding it in his gently due to his damaged hands.
"I love you , i love you so so much " i say and leave a gentle kiss on his neck . After about half an hour Sweetpea was asleep so i took it upon my self to tidy up all the mess in the trailer as i didnt want him waking up to that. I cleaned up all the glass from the bathroom , put things back where they was and lifted up the kitchen table that had been flipped. I managed to finish within an hour as i picked up some more rubbish and threw it in a trash bag . I finally took a seat and opened my phone to see messages from my brother and Veronica they were both worried.
Wombsharer
Are you okay ? Whats going on ?
Luna
Im alright Arch it was just Sweetpea
Wombsharer
Is he alright ?
Luna
He's been better . Im going to stay here tonight and just keep and eye on him but ill be back at ours in the morning as ill need to change and we can walk to school .
Wombsharer
Okay if you need anything at all let me know

Veronica
L are you okay ? Youve got both me and Archie worried
Luna
Dont worry everythings fine , just a little incident thats all

I say before locking my phone i didnt want to explain to them about what happened i know he hated feeling vunerable . I got back into bed and tried to get some sleep .

The sun crept into the bedroom which made me open my eyes and groan , i didnt want it to be morning already . Sweetpea wasnt in the bed so i quickly got up to see where he was , he was sat at the kitchen table a glass of water in front of him . I sat down at the table opposite him .
"You might want some of these " i say handing him some painkillers for his hand .
"Thanks " he said barely able to look at me , i think he felt embarrased .
"Pea its alright you know "
"You shouldnt have seen me like that "
"Yes i should have , ive decided to be with you Pea . That means being by your side through good and bad do you understand "
"You going home before school " he asked me
"Yeah ive gotta sort this out " i say holding my blood stained t shirt
"I didnt mean to ... Urgh"
"Dont worry about it . You staying at home today ?" I ask him as he takes a sip of the water in front of him .
"Nah im going in but im not going to the detention that she gave me "
"You sure about going to school today ?" He nodded
"Well i need your hands a second" i say as i get up from the chair and walk over to him to then clean his hands once more and change the banadage .
"Ill meet you at school " i say as i throw on my clothes . I left a kiss on his head and headed back home i hoped i wouldnt see many people since i had blood all over my shirt and that doesnt come across too great does it . Once i got back Archie was in the kitchen.
"Jesus christ what happened ?" He said worried "did you hurt yourself ? You didnt tell me "
"No it wasnt me it was Pea he just had an accident " i say before going upstairs to change and sort myself out for school .
"Me and Ronnie spoke to Mom and weve got a plan "
"What plan is this ?"
"Well ...." Archie began to explain.