Unemployed

"You got it Tia. They fell in love with you. Congratulations to the newest face of Morris and Spindal."

I sat across from my new agent Ted and tried to digest what he had just said. Me, Tia the runaway was now the spokes model for the hugest fashion mongrel in America. This was unbelievable. I'd only been here less than two month's and scored what most model's strive for their entire career. I'm sure my modeling background in Germany boosted my chances and I had a lot of people to thank.

Ted grinned at my dumbfounded expression and rambled on. "This is huge lady. From this point out you're going to be one busy woman. There's so many details to go over. You meet with your new employer in two day's and your first shoot will be next week. It's for their newest perfume and will be on a soundstage in Manhattan so there's no travel. Here's what you will earn per shoot, fashion show, billboards, ads, and commercials" .

"Commercials?" I questioned on the verge of freaking. " but I'm no actress".

Ted laughed. "Relax. Most time there's no speaking parts. Your job is to be beautiful. Use your allure to sale the hell out of their products. The goal is to make women want to be you, envy you and if they feel owning the handbag  or watch your wearing will get them closer to being you, so be it. Now all you need to do is sign".

Ted slid a multitude of paper's across the desk toward me. Leaning up, I glanced over them and balked at the figures. It was outstanding and I'd be set for life. However my stomach was in knots. Everything was much simpler back in Germany. I was granted a lawyer to handle my paperwork and contracts. I had certain clauses I had specifically placed in my contract. Such as a nudity clause. Never would I pose nude. "Ted, shouldn't I find me a lawyer to look over this before signing? I have a nudity clause I'd like to add in my contract" .

Giving off a disappointed chuckle he tossed his hands up. "This isn't the porn industry. No one is going to ask you to get naked. At the most you may have to show a little side boob".

Leaning up he braced himself on his elbows and got serious. "Tia, let me be brutally honest here. This company won't wait. They have thousand of models beating down their door. You should thank your lucky stars they chose you given your age. We all know that most model's are done by age thirty and your clock is ticking. By the time you find a lawyer, draw up more paper's and add your personal demands... Well let's just say they'll probably go with someone else. Someone younger, fresher or someone already big. This is your chance at a breakthrough here. Don't mess it up. Trust me, I have your best interest at heart."

Looking back down at the contract I let his word's sink in. True, I didn't want the company to think I was difficult and move on to another easier model. My teeth worried my bottom lip as I came to a decision. With an unsure hand, I lifted the pen from its perch upon the desk. Slowly I etched my name on the dotted line. A feeling of unease washed over me but Ted exploded in excitement and scattered my thoughts. "Terrific. Now let me get these faxed off."

Swiping the paper's up, he stood and walked toward the door. Turning to look over his shoulder he said. "I went over the list of bodyguards you gave me. We meet with a few in a two hour's.  Go grab yourself some lunch but don't eat too much. We can't have you getting fat". He chuckled then went on his way.

With my half hearted smile froze to my face at his attempt at a joke I sat like a zombie. This was all so much to take in. Yes, I was absolutely thrilled at the job offer but that contract. I wish I could've been given time to have a lawyer look over it. Needing a friendly voice I rang Amas. I wasn't surprised when voicemail answered considering it was two in the morning in Germany. Feeling down, I grabbed my bag and left Ted's office. Taking his advice I stepped into a nearby deli then did some window shopping.