Cocktail Weeners Anyone??

Wow.

That was a instant reaction. He saves my life then decides he's had enough of my temperamental moods. I guess coming off as a snide bitch paid off after all. Yet I didn't feel good about it.

Really I had no reason to be so foul toward him other than not wanting his advances. Still, it was a bit creepy as to how he insisted upon being my guard. However I did feel a bit foolish over my prior treatment of him seeing how he just saved my life.

Maybe I did treat him a bit too harshly. Turning around to apologize I saw that it was too late. His car was peeling away from the curb... His warm car at that. Realizing how truly cold it was, I pulled my jacket tighter to me taking a mental note to never wear mini skirts duiring New York"s harsh winter. As I begin my wintery trek home I wished I had been give the chance to apologize or at least thank him for jerking me out of that cars path. But it was better this way. No, it had to be this way. I couldn't get involved with anyone right now, not with my insane husband running about planning God knows what. No, I couldn't drag Heir down with me or risk him being harmed due to association.

Yes, I was lonely here. Found myself bored when I had no work, no friend's or nothing. This couldn't be what was meant for me, to live a lonesome life but was it worth the risk of having people harmed for being linked to me? No, it wasn't. I couldn't live with myself knowing someone's life was in my hands. This life of mine wasn't a game.

Three more month's had swept by and Heir was a long ago memory. Of course I still thought about him occasionally and wandered if I had made the right decision. One thing I can say is that Heir was true to his word. Not once have I seen or heard from him since that day.

In the meantime I had found a new agent and I was currently on my way to the top. In between shoots I'd spend my time at home reading or shopping for odd pieces of furniture to decorate my place. One thing's for sure, once I'm too old to model I could definitely have a career in interior design. Decorating was my true passion, possibly my calling. I plan on enrolling in interior design classes as soon as I have my divorce settled.

Speaking of which, I met with a lawyer earlier today and had the paper's drew up. It's just a matter of time before I am free of that man but I fear it won't be that easy. No way in hell will Octavis allow me to walk away without a hitch. Some nights I lie awake wondering if he will bust through my door at any given time. Sleep has been a long lost friend of mine and I miss it dearly.

Later in the evening I had a short shoot with a few fellow model's. I'd worked with them a couple of time's and they seemed friendly enough even though I know kindness in this industry is faker than a eight legged giraffe.

We had just wrapped up the shoot and crammed into the dressing room. Striping from the clothes we wore, we all stepped into our normal duds. Mostly I stayed quiet as they discussed the shoot, men, relationships and the torturous craving for pizza but today was different. Today they invited me out to a club for a destresser. Taking a moment to think it over, I accepted.

Desperate for  adult interaction I also had my own private reason to celebrate.... Going through with the divorce paper's. Meeting up with them at a very hip club I pushed all my worries aside. Tonight I was adamant to have a good time. Feeling brave, I ordered my third drink. Usually I'm not much of a drinker but I needed a good time. "Oh my God. There he is". Tamar hissed.

Kimmy and I looked in the direction of her stare and I nearly spewed my cranberry cocktail out. Sitting at a near by table was none other than Heir but he wasn't alone. Two cheaply overmade women graced his lap as that all too familiar smirk sat upon his face. The people he was with the night I had the misfortune of bumping into him lingered in the background. Kimmy chuckled. "Give up already Tamar. You've tried for month's to gain his attention. Clearly he's not interested" .

"Shut up Kimmy. Don't be such a negative downer. He just hasn't took notice of me yet. That's all". Tamar said a bit snappish.

Turning her focus on me, Tamar asked. "So what do you think Tia? Is he hot or what?"

"He's okay I guess". I mumbled as I dipped my drink.

I didn't want to reveal that I sort of knew him or that he had asked me out. Nope, didn't need that kind of drama. "Okay? Just okay". Tamar screeched in an annoying high pitch tone.

Jesus, by her reaction to my answer you would have thought I had said he had two heads and a glass eye. Of course I thought Heir was very handsome but some thing's are best kept private. "He's practically eye candy". Tamar insisted.

Refusing to argue the matter further, I focused on the beat playing and swayed my head to the flow. However the forgotten guilt resurfaced. I was so mean to him. I knew I had to apologize for my own piece of mind. Not wanting to cause a stir with my two semi friends, I waited until they took to the dance floor, telling them I'd join them after I finished my drink off.

The truth was that I planned on approaching Heir to apologize. I wasn't trying to get the girl's he had draped over him like glittery ornaments riled up. This was for me, to relieve myself of the guilt. It was a peace offering. Once Tamar and Kimmy disappeared into the abyss of people I made my way over carefully.  "Hello Heir". I said over the music as the two girl's glared at me.

Turning his gaze to me, I was met with dark, cold eye's. "Oh, hello Toni".

Okay, that was below the belt. He clearly knew my name or at least had to recall calling me Firecracker. "It's Tia". I corrected him calmly.

Shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly he replied. "Tia, Toni. Tomato, Tomatoe. It's all the same".

Taking a deep, calming breath I decided to get this over with and be on my way. "Okay, I get it. You hate me. I deserve your puns. I'm just here to say thank you for saving me that day and apologize for treating you bad. You didn't deserve it and I was being childish. I'm sorry. Enjoy your night".

Turning to go I heard him say. "And".

" and what? "

"That's all you have to say?" He asked with that annoying smirk as one of the girl's twirled a lock of his hair.

Holding my head high I nodded. "Yes. I came to thank you and apologize. I did just that so now I'll be on my way".

" Do you feel better? " he asked with a chuckle.

Wow. Why does he have to make this difficult. What does he want me to do? Grovel at his feet? Sorry, not going to happen. "Yes, I do". I said hiding my irritation.

" so this was all for you? To make you feel better? "

Sucking in a deep breath I retorted. "No, not at all. I'm trying to make amends. Right my wrong. Let by gones be by gones". Pausing, I fished in my wristlet bag and wrestled a card out.

Shoving it into his hand I said. "I have a fashion show in a few day's. An after party is to follow. Please come and you can bring a friend". I added eyeing one of the girl's.

Heir's eye's skimmed over the card before busting out in laughter. "Toni, what makes you think I want to be your friend" . He replied as he crumpled the card up and dropped it into his glass of liquid.

The two girl's snickered as I felt rage coming forth. No, he wouldn't rile me. He wouldn't get the best of me no matter how he just humiliated me. Remaining strong I spoke. "I came and did what I intended to do, I apologized. I can't force you to accept it but at least I tried which is more than I can say for you".

Arching his brows he questioned. "What do I have to apologize for!"

Before the word's left my mouth I knew what I was about to say and for the life of me I couldn't stop myself. "For having a small wanker. Had I not being laughing so hard when I saw it I would've seen the car. So yes, you should apologize for almost nearly killing me. At first I thought it was a joke and you flashed me your pinky but then I recall your pinky finger was much bigger". Flashing him a huge smile I turned to go then spun back around flipping my hair.

"I hope you girl's don't plan on sharing him. You won't receive a four course meal there much less an appetizer. Can you say tadpole? Have fun with that micro mini though. Ta-Ta darlings, I have bigger fish to ride, I mean fry".

Sauntering away with sass in my step I felt rejuvenated. Revenge.... Such a sweet dish. Telling Tamar and Kimmy farewell I made my way home in a even better mood. I filed for a divorce and took down one womanizing fool. Today was a good day.