Truths Revealed

This shut has my head so fucked up. A turmoil of emotions swept through me, emotions that I was unfamiliar with. Part of me wanted to bust her door in and demand to know what twisted mind game she was playing with me. The other part wanted to hunt that man down and end him. Then a small smidgen of my mind told me to go home, rest and thank thing's through.

Awww.... Fuck. Who am I kidding. The Lord and I both know calming down is impossible. After all my father is Demarco Harper and my Grandmother Laney Harper. Calming down just isn't in my vocabulary.

I can't recall how long I sat outside of her place that night fighting all my urges but in the end I managed to steer my car from the curb and accelerate down the road. Aiming in the direction of my favorite club my plan was to drown my anger in booze and women. Upon arriving I ordered a round of tequila and tossed it back, worm and all. It didn't take long for the women to seek me out however my reaction was different. Normally I was ready to pounce but I found their attention rather annoying. Their come on's and sexual behavior did nothing for me. There was only one woman on my mind and I had to have her. It was time to hop off of this merry-go-round she had me on and get some answers.

Not the smartest move in the world, I got into my car intoxicated and amazingly made it to her place in one piece and without causing havoc. Once at her door I pummeled my fist against it loudly. "Tia" I yelled in a drunken state.

Continuing to pound the door it finally swung open to a frazzled looking Tia. Assuming I had woke her, she was tying a knot in her robe and blinking her eye's rapidly adjusting to the light. "What ever in the world Heir?" She questioned confusingly .

Stomping my way inside I whirled around toward her. "The fuck s going on here Tia?" I demanded to know.

Looking even more confused she answered. "Well it is three in the morning so my guess is sleep. Sleep is what's going on".

Shaking my head in frustration I bit out. "Don't play with me anymore girl. Who is he?"

" who is who Heir? You're not making any sense. I think you should leave and go sleep your drunkenness off".

"Tia baby, please don't make me lose my shit on you".

Holding her hand up, Tia spoke sternly. "Stop right there Heir. No one is going to lose their shit on me. It's time you left".

Crossing my arm's, I stood firmly. "I'm not going anywhere until I get my answers. Who was the douche that brought you home tonight? Was it your complicated ex? Or do you have a ring of men at your beck and call?"

Tia's jaw went slack. "Are you following me?"

" Fuck no. I came to explain why I couldn't make it to the shoot. I rolled up as you was hugging lover boy. Now answer my damn question".

"First off you aren't obligated to me. You owe me no explanation as to why you didn't show. And no, Andre isn't my ex or even a romantic option. He's in a relationship with some fellow. Andrea offered me a lift home as he's a good friend and my stylist. You have your answers now go".

" No. No, I don't. Tell me about this so called ex? " I demanded.

"That topic is off limits for reasons. It's not something I wish to discuss".

" Fucking tell me Tia. You owe me that. You keep stringing me along like a damn puppy and that stops now. Fuck, I admit you got me all in my feelings and this shit is bugging me out. Tell me, what are your plans with me? Are you into me like I you? Am I just wasting my time and will forever be in the friend zone? Where do you see us? " I bellowed.

Tia turned away from my enraged face and clasped her hands together in front of her. Taking a deep breath she begun. "I think a lot of you Heir, I really do but I'm afraid we will always be only friend's. It's all I can give you".

Shaking my head in disbelief I let loose a sarcastic chuckle. "You fucking dick tease bitch. You've had me hanging on every little thing you did and knew all along there would be nothing more. You're a piece of shit and your modeling sucks".

Picking up a coffee cup that was left on the end table she slung it toward my head. In my drunken state I found it difficult to dodge and the cup cuffed me near the corner of my left eyebrow. Instantly blood oozzed  and Tia rushed toward me. "Oh God. I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. Are you okay?"

Shoving her away I growled. "Get far away from as you can right now. I'm about to snap and it won't be pretty". I slurred.

Tia remained frozen with a look of remorse on her face. The look of pitty she bestowed upon me only fueled my rage more. Taking a few steps toward her I found my feet stumbling up and the room was suddenly spinning. Within seconds my face met the floor and my lights went out.

Sometime late morning I woke to sunlight streaming on and a painful ache to my body from sleeping on the floor. However I did have a pillow and a blanket. It took several moment's to grasp my bearings and remember where I was and what happened. Touching the tender spot above my eyebrow I felt a small bandage there. Letting out a groan, I struggled to sit up and saw Tia sitting on the couch with her legs curled underneath her. She held a steaming mug of coffee and looked drained. Not knowing what to say I remained silent. Tia was the first to speak. "There's a water and a  few aprons on the table beside you. Grateful for her offer I nodded my appreciation. "I lied last night". Tia spoke horsely.

" The truth is that I really do like you. I find you funny and easy to talk to. Everything I've done since meeting you was in effort to turn you off, scare you away. My life is complicated. To be totally honest, I'm married but in the midst of a divorce. I was young and dumb and fooled into thinking he loved me. He was older than I and wasn't too nice of a person. I'd rather not discuss the details, only forget. I ran from Germany and him. Once I was settled in here I filed for a divorce and that's where I'm at now, just waiting. It wouldn't be fair to you if I drug you into my drama and I can't bare knowing that I possibly put someone into harms way. For now it's best this way".

For the first time ever I saw the real Tia. The scared and hurt girl that she was. Instantly my protective nature aroused and I knew this ex husband would die. "What's his name Firecracker?"

Tia slowly shook her head. "As I said, I'd rather forget it all. Please don't push".

Her bottom lip quivered as she fought to control her emotions.  My heart went out to her and the torture she put herself through at hiding the truth. Crawling over to her, I cupped her chin and forced her to look at me. "Don't you shed one fucking tear over this asshole. Trust me when I say this, he can no longer hurt you. Besides you throw a mean coffee mug". I said trying to lighten the mood.

A small giggle escaped her perfect lips. "I'm sorry about that. I really am". She said gently touching the bandage.

" it was nothing. I've suffered worse".

Our eye's locked in each other and held steady. Slowly I could feel is inching closer to the other. Tia's tongue darted out and moistioned her lips and my hunger grew stronger. Only mere inches from her mouth now I hesitated. My girl made my wish come true as she closed the gap between us and sealed our lips.