Deep And Personal

"You're on Tia in two. Get your sexy ass in that dress and prepare to own the audience". Malcolm the designer called shoveling me closer to the stage entrance.

Taking a deep breath, I stilled my nerves. No matter how many times I took to the catwalk I always had buterflies in my stomach. Always worried about thing's that could go wrong such as bad lighting, tripping, or not pulling the fashion off. The blast of techno music drowned my woes out and I closed my eye's. I felt the garment being tugged in several directions as my crew insured it fit just right. The tickle of makeup brushes ran over my face insisting that I glowed and my hair was being yanked to perfection. Yet I banished it all from my mind and hummed a calming tune, the same tune my mother hummed to me as a babe.

Feeling my anxiety float away a small smile curved my lips as I recalled the other night. The night I knocked Heir off his high horse. The look on his face as I ripped his ego to shreds gave me a deep yet odd satisfaction. He deserved that one if I do say so myself. I had swallowed my pride and extended the olive branch but he snatched it and broke it in half then tossed it in my face. I highly doubt he will come to my show tonight. It's clear that we just don't mesh too well together. I'm water and he is oil. I'm sugar and he is poison.

Yes, I was a bit disappointed that he refused my apology and went to the extremes trying to humiliate me in front of his lap girl's but I believe I won in the end. Nothing delivers quite the blow to a man than belittling his member in front of other's. Still yet, I am grateful that he saved me from that rushing car. "Move Tia move. Get your head out of the clouds and go". Malcolm said a bit over the top.

Nodding my head, I cleared my mind and put my business face on. Shoulders pulled back and standing straight, I took to the catwalk with a serious expression. No smile lingered on my face as I held my lips together in a tight line and focused my eye's into a mysterious look. Most don't believe this but modeling is more about the eye's than the body. A look can mean the world to a model.

With my chin tilted up high enough to avoid the flashing camera's I sauntered down the runway. Amongst the oohh's and Ahhh's I made my way to the end and did a few turns. Finally I faced the audience with a hand upon my hip and let a sexy smile beam from my eye's. That's right, I smiled with my eye's or what we like to call it in the modeling world "smize".

As my eye's zoned in on the people sitting below my feet I nearly faltered and let my lips move from their tight line. He showed. The ballsy bastard showed up. Locking my face on him, I let the smile evaporate from my eye's and replaced the look with a deep, penetrating, soul robbing stare. Without flinching, Heir returned the stare with a deadly look of his own. After several long seconds the flash of a camera broke our connection and I spun around on my heel and sauntered back down the runway.

Soon as I exited the stage I was rushed to the dressing room where my dress was skinned from me and replaced with another. All the while powder was being splashed on my face as my hair was under attack yet again. It was then that I realized that I wasn't breathing. Gulping in air, I tried to come to terms with what this meant. Was he here to make amends or sabotage me?

All too soon I was pushed to the stage again and again and again. Each time I avoided any looks his way. The last thing I needed on my first show in America was a distraction. At last the show was over and the after party would begin. I stayed in my dressing room longer than intended but I didn't know what to expect on the outside. Slipping into a silk slip dress, I toned down my makeup and brushed my teased hair down. As soon as I made my presence at the party I was bombarded by designer's, shop owner's and photographers. All of them praising my ability and throwing offers my way. Promising them that I'd be in touch I managed to weasel away.

I found my refuge in a glass of wine as I clung to the shadows and scanned the crowd. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone else approached me with congratulations followed by business offers. Not that I didn't appreciate it but it can become overwhelming. Knowing I needed to be more apart of the event, I had my glass refilled and begin to walk toward the crowd. Just as I started to step away I felt my elbow being tugged. Turning with a polite smile I saw that it was Heir. "Running off so fast?" He smirked.