Unforgiven

Being at war with yourself isn't easy, it's right damn frustrating but that's where I currently stood with myself. When I first learned of Tia's betrayal I was blindly livid. My heart was crushed. The first time I ever gave love a chance and it was tossed back at me like a two ton truck. My father's voice consistently played in my head. He had always warned me to be very careful with love. That some are out for the money and title while some are out to destroy. I understand why he feels this way. His relationship with Ivy not only haunted him but the family as well. And it just didn't happen to my Pape. Miri had Eli burn her, my grandfather had Claudia try to sink her claws in the Empire and my Grandmother was done that way as well by Luca. What I'm saying is that trust is nearly a nonexistent word in our world. Outsiders aren't welcome.

So when I learned of Tia's deceit I knew I had been duped. I was the next Harper to be fooled into a wrongful relationship. The pain I felt was immeasurable. Even now I still love her and it kills me knowing the thing's that I and my family are doing to her but she must answer for her betrayal.

However as the weeks passed my mind kept nagging at me to investigate further into her history. I should've done that from the get go but dang I wanted normalcy. I wanted her to share thing's with me because she wanted to, because she trusted me and loved me. If only I had been smart and did it anyway we wouldn't be here now.

So now I've started to do my own research and learn the truth. Part of me wanted to be wrong. Part of me begged for Tia to be telling the truth. However that bastard Octavis had his past hidden very well. Digging up the dirt was a very hard feat. He had his shit locked down like the Divenchy code and when my attempts failed I'd take my anger out on Tia.

But something more concerning has arised for the moment. Today we all witnessed a different Tia. A feeble minded Tia. I as well as the other's knew her mind had finally slipped into another time. The girl I knew was gone and shit tons of therapy wouldn't bring her back. My Pape told me it was time to end this. There was no setting her free now not with a loose mind. All night I sat awake trying to make a decision Wondering if I could see her death through. Naturally I felt horrible for what I've done to her yet again knowing that she possibly played a part in the death of my grandparents set my blood to boiling.

The sun was just beginning to rise and I knew that Sire would be seeing to her soon. Today was the day she was allowed a small plate of food. Nothing fancy, usually a broth, bread and if lucky a piece of fruit. It's obvious what the Harper treatment has done to her physical health. Her once vibrant skin now was dull and dirty, her cheeks hollowed and eye's sunken but those luscious lips still remained. God how I missed kissing those lips.

After my shower I was preparing to head down to the pit and conclude business but instead I received a unexpected text. Reading that there had been a breach in security and the building was on lockdown, I raced to the elevator. Busting through the pit doors I froze in my track's and joined the other's in their baffled stares. There on the wall was Tia's name smudged rather largely in what seemed to be ashes from the incinerator but no Tia. Walking up, CJ announced. "Your Pape has the place on lockdown and a team is searching the premises inside and out".

Unable to remove my gaze from the bold letters I asked. "Is anyone looking at the security footage?"

" Sire and Mizery are on it" He replied before scouring the room for any clue.

I could only stand there in bewilderment. Could she have escaped? Is she still on the grounds? Maybe she's not as far gone as we assumed. My thoughts scattered as my Papes voice rang out. "Better hope we find this bitch cause if she's well enough to talk we could be in some shit. Fuck, celebrity model as herself she could severely out is to the world. You know how to pick them son".

Ignoring his rambling I walked closer to her name scrawled on the wall and ran a finger through it. "Where are you girl?" I wondered out loud.

Just then Mizery and Sire rushed in. "There wasn't anything on the camera's. Not even a glitch. No trace of her escape or shit. It's as if she vanished into thin air".

" Fuck" my pape growled.

"Hey guy's, come take a look at this". CJ called.

We all walked over to where he was standing by the supply cabinet. There was a manilla envelope attached to to the cabinet door by force of a knife. Slapping his gloves on, my Pape removed the knife and placed it into a clear bag. Handing it to CJ he said. "Take this to the lab and have it checked for fingerprints" .

He then opened the envelope and pulled out a series of documents. Taking a moment to look them over he took a deep breath and handed them to me. As I read them over my heart sank and I felt sick. In the documents was the proof that we needed to prove that Tia was innocent. It stated that everything she had told us was the truth. There was statements from some of his most trusted men as to how Tia was used as a cover-up for him. Bank statements showing how he controlled her money and used it for his own criminal purpose. Medical records stating a list of injuries she had suffered from his hands. One paper had a wittiness that helped her escape to America and vouched for her story and lastly was the divorce paper's that she had sent to him. I ran a nervous hand through my hair wondering what the fuck I had done. I had hurt the woman that loved me, nearly killed her, drove her insane and now she was missing and I can't right my wrong. My little Firecracker, I had tortured her. My mind zoned out and I barely her my Pape speak. "Someone helped her escape but who? There could possibly still be a traitor among us. They had to know the layout of the building and tampered with the camera's. Have the men search for anything suspicious and examine the camera equipment. Also scan for any trackers or bugs that may have been planted. The building will remain in lockdown until further notice" .

Once everyone scattered my Pape placed his hand on my shoulder. "Take the day off and rest son. Bad thing's do happen and we can't always predict it".

With those word's he left and I shut myself inside of the pit. Walking back to her painted name I slid my back down the wall until I was sitting on the floor. Placing my face into my hands, I wept.