Letting My Heart Go

Waking up from a uneasy nap I went to stretch my stiff, sore body but wasn't able to stretch too far. The restraint of the ties still confined me to this hard metal chair, the chair that has been my bed for the last several day's.

Glancing to the far corner of the room where a tiny vent connected to the outside I saw that the sun has lowered and it was nearing dusk. This was my way to keep track of time and my day's spent here. So far I'm on day right and I know our time is running out. My family will be on to her soon if not already. Soon I will free myself and try to make her understand. Try to make her see how truly sorry I am and gain a friction of trust back. I'm not crazy, I know my actions can't be fixed overnight if ever. I know there's a huge chance that thing's won't go back as they were, that Tia can no longer love me but damn it, I've got to try.

Her men were still hanging in the basement fooling off after have given me my daily beating. True, my body was worn and I was famished but I knew I still had enough strength to escape and take these bastards out when the time come.

I watched As these louse of men sat around a makeshift table playing card's, smoking and relishing in their drinks. Had this been my men behaving as such on the job they'd be no more. Men like this are lazy, careless and make too many mistakes. It's obvious that they don't take Tia seriously and that isn't good. I fear my little Firecracker has taken on too much in her plight to get even with me.

One of the men glanced over and caught me watching them. A grin spread across his face and he cackled. "Want a beer?" He asked in jest.

Chosing to remain quiet he walked over. "I asked if you wanted a beer you dumb fuck".

Laughing, he took the remainder of his beer and poured it over my head. "Cal". Another man called out.

" leave the bastard alone and get back over here. We've got business to discuss ".

Cal continued to grin. "Don't worry, I'll be back. You're time is running out".

" and I'll be waiting ". I sneered as he rejoined the other's.

The men begin to chat over their drinks and card playing. I tuned in carefully this time to catch any info that might be useful. The one that seemed to be in charge, Arnold I believe is what they called him leaned in. "It goes down tonight, around midnight. Tia will be good and asleep and that's when we will take her out. Mr. Kerchef will be taking over what her husband left behind. He has saw to it that the lawyer Tia untrusted will forge her signature laying everything in his hands. Gentlemen, we are about to be very rich". He grinned.

Cal interrupted. "That's good and all but what about her best friend Amos? He'll never believe that Tia left everything to Mr. Kerchef".

"Mr. Kerchef has already took that in consideration and put a plan into action." Arnold said standing up walking around the table.

He came to a stop behind the youngest man in the group and quickly snapped his neck. The young boy tumbled from his chair into a heap on the floor. The other men stared in surprise, some even stood not knowing what to expect next. "Settle down men". Arnold commanded.

Once the initial shock wore off Arnold continued. "Here's how it goes down. Matthew came down alone to punish our prisioner." He indicated to the now dead boy.

"The prisoner managed to escape and get to Tia and kill her. Once she is dead we will shoot him and place his body in her room and the gun on Tia. In other word's they both shot each other but during their scuffle a candle was knocked over and the place went up in flames burning all other evidence. The police will believe it was a random act of domestic violence and it has nothing to do with Octavis's dealings. If Amos becomes suspicious, well we will deal with him as well".