Dead Inside

"So this is how this is going to go". I heard Octavis say but the roar in my ears blocked everything out.

There was no dead bodies laying about, no beaten teen boy being held against his will and No Mr. An Mrs. Harper present. My fear along with the gun that Heir held on me zeroed the world around me out. I saw the evilness seeping from Octavis as he grinned smartly at having outsmarted everyone. I saw the disapproving looks Heir's parent's sent my way but most importantly I saw the rage within Heir. It was then that I realized I was the most hated person in the room. No one would stand by my side. I was more than likely dead either way.

"Speak". Heir yelled snatching me from my panic filled thoughts.

Shaking my head no slowly, my body shook with sobs. "It's not true Heir. You must believe me. Yes, I'm married to him but I ran away and have been trying to get a divorce. I didn't know when we married who or what he was and when I discovered it everything changed. His treatment became abusive and I hated him, still do. I ran here for my freedom and to save myself. I couldn't tell you. I couldn't tell anyone. Many time's I wanted to tell you but I was scared and ashamed. That's why I tried so hard not to get involved with you. I didn't want to bring you harm. I'm so sorry Heir, please believe me. I love you".

My voice was taken over by my sobs and I hung my head unable to look him in the eye's. It killed me to see his love placed with hatred. In a last attempt I reached for him. "Please Heir".

My hand never got to touch his arm because his hand lashed out and slammed into my cheek. The blow was so powerful that I crumbled to the floor at his feet. "Don't touch me you filthy bitch". He snarled and spit on me.

Octavis's laugh rang out. "Pass her on over and I'll give you your brother alive".

"Send my brother over to us and I'm willing to let you leave alive. As for this bitch, I'd rather keep her. I've a great place in mind for her". Heir seethed.

" the woman comes back with me". Octavis warned jamming the gun deeper into Duel's bloody cheek.

Heirs father spoke up. "Okay. We will exchange the girl for the boy and then you will be on your way. After this you are never to return to this area and all will be forgotten" .

Suddenly Demarco jerked me up by my scalp harshly and I cried out. He started pulling me closer to Octavis as I begin to fight against his hold. "Don't do this please. Please believe me". I begged.

As we passed Heir I saw them exchange a look, possibly a warning code or something. "Heir". I screamed several time's still trying to convince him and be saved from my ex.

" Heir I'm begging you. Don't do this to me. Help me Heir".

"Rot in hell bitch". He snarled.

Demarco's grip tightened upon my hair and he hissed. "I'll end you now if you continue to fight".

Finally we stood about twelve feet from Octavis who was clutching Duel. "On the count of three we make the exchange. No funny play". Demarco said.

I watched As the men glared each other down while counting. On three my body was launched in the air toward Octavis as Duel's body was slid across the floor towards his father. Demarco gripped the boy's arm and pulled him away quickly as I felt my hair being jerked again. I found myself looking in the face of my vile ex. "I hate you". I screamed and received a blow to my jaw that rattled my teeth. Instantly blood filled my mouth. An odd noise echoed through the room gaining everyone's attention and rendering them silent. It sounded all most as if a tune was being tapped out on the wall's. With every growing second the noise grew closer and louder. Octavis begin his retreat to the door figuring now would be a good time to go. As his man opened the door there was a loud pop and my face and body was splattered with blood and human tissue. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out as I watched the man collapse to the floor with only part of his face still attached.

A green eyed man stepped in followed by several other suited men. "The fuck took so long?" I heard Heir's father ask.

The green eyed man gave a lopsided grin. "Had to stop for peanuts" . He replied shoveling a fistful of peanuts into his mouth.

He then nodded his head toward Octavis while looking at Demarco. "This shit giving you a problem?"

" About as much as you do". Demarco snorted.

Fastly the man laid his gun against Octavis head and pulled the trigger. "There. Problem solved". He laughed.

" Keeping him alive was the plan. I'm sure he had some info to give". Demarco spoke annoyed.

"Shoot first, question later". The man retorted.

As they was having this natural conversation the weight of Octavis's body brung me to the floor  and I found myself trapped beneath him. Blood oozed all around me and I could do nothing. I was too scared to move and bring attention to myself. I heard footsteps coming toward me and my heart knew it was Heir. My life was about to end. Before he could reach me gunfire rang out. I assumed some of Octavis's men were still about and attacking. Bullets flew by but the only thought in my mind was escape. While everyone was preoccupied with fighting it gave me a chance to get away. Using all my strength I managed to shove the body off of me. Deciding it be safer to stick to the floor to keep from being shot or spotted I slid off like a worm. Inch by inch I slithered closer to the exit. To my frustration I found that the first man that had killed body was blocking the door and it couldn't be opened. Looking to the left I saw a hall that possibly led to another exit but I had to run for it. Sprouting up, I took a quick glance around to assess the situation. Bullets still flew and everyone was focused on staying alive. Balling my fists up, I made a break for it. "Not so fast bitch". I heard Heir boom.

Forcing myself to move faster I crashed into the closest room which turned out to be a supply room. Thinking fast, I scaled the metal shelving until I reached the celing. Quickly I scooted a ceiling tile over and shimmied my way into the celing. Just as I replaced the tile the door swung open with a bang. "I know your in here Tia".

I clamped my hands over my mouth to still my heavy breathing and squash the urge to scream. I heard item's being strewn from the shelf and smash against the floor. "Come out Firecracker. This will be so much fun. It's going to give me so much pleasure to snap your neck. Fuck, who am I kidding. You'll die slowly. Wait until you see your new apartment. It's to die for".

I squinted my eye's shut as tears burned through. My heart begin to hammer as I heard him directly under me. "You fooled me good Firecracker. Had me wrapped around your fucking evil finger. Guess you didn't realize how strong the Harper Empire is".

His voice was closer and I knew he was climbing the metal racks by the strain his weight put on them. Every creak they made brought me closer to death. Out of nowhere a knife penetrated through the tile and sliced the side of my thigh. Unable to control myself I released a terrified scream. Instantly the tile was ripped away and Heir's head surfaced. "I'm going to enjoy your screams bitch. Trust me, that's just the first of many screams to come".

As he grabbed for me my adrenalin kicked in and I rammed my fingers into his eye's. Ducking back a few inches, he moved from my assault. "Stay away from me". I screamed.

Heir only laughed. "Oh girl and miss the fun?" . He said reaching for me again but I scooted back.

Heir lifted himself up then and inched closer. My only route to escape was to crawl right. Careful of the fragile tiles, I crawled off but Heir gripped my ankle. Instantly he gave it a wicked twist and I wailed out in pain. "Oh that didn't hurt. Not nearly as bad as what's to come." .

My head fell against the tile as I wept. I knew there was no escape for me now. Heir had me. I had given up as he gripped my legs tightly and slid my body toward him. Once I was close he stroked my face. "To think I loved such a deceitful bitch".

Before I could speak his hands wrapped around my neck as if he were about to choke me. Instead he applied pressure between my neck and shoulder until I lost consciousness. I woke sometime later in a dark cement room. Blood still covered my body and tattered dress. My body hurt and my throat was dry as sandpaper. I was strung up by my wrists from a iron bar and just dangled like a slab of meat. I had lost track of time. I didn't know how long I had been here. The only thing I knew was pain.

Pain was real.

Pain was unbearable.

If Heir didn't kill me soon the pain in my heart surely would.