Straitjacket

Hope you all are enjoying the story so far!! Take a second to listen to this. It may not be your taste but this song is TIA!!

Now grab your snacks or wine (preferably the bottle) and buckle up!! Enjoy💋

Sharp screams awoke me and it took several minutes to realize that they were my own screams. I relaxed on the crisp, sterile sheets but my breathing was still labored. A sheen of sweat clung to my body and my damp hair stuck to my face. In a attempt to remove the irritating hair I went to raise my hand but it wouldn't budge. Glancing down to see why this was happening I discovered that my arm's as well as legs was strapped down to the bed. A tinge of panic begin to surge forth and my eye's searched the room. The wall's looked soft, as if they were made of cotton and I realized that the room was padded. Everything was stark white save for the powder blue medical gown I wore.

My eye's spied the door and found that it was padded as well and there was no handle. Up top in the center was a small window but I couldn't see any further due to my lying down position. Heir, the Harper's, the masked people that helped me escape and the excessive amount of abuse that I had endured rushed to the forefront of my mind followed by a burning rage so deep that it made my bones ache. Wanting to be set free and set forth in my revenge I started to bounce. It looked like my body was convulsing as I tried to work free and a anger filled scream ripped from my lungs.

The door swung open and a team of men and women rushed in. They were dressed in pressed white uniforms that was spotless. Cutting my scream off I eyed the group suspiciously. A plump, older lady with frosted blonde hair that was a bit too puffy patted my arm. "Hello dear. I'm Ellen and these are my friend's. We are here to help you. You are safe now love. If you're up to it could you tell us your name sweetie?"

I looked at her with big eye's. Kindness was something I hadn't seen in a long time and I nearly wanted to cry but I'm not that weak anymore. I gave Ellen's question some thought and figured it would be best not to deliver my name right now for a few reasons. One being I didn't want Heir to track me while still down and I'm sure they would recognize my name and my face and predicament would be splashed across every news station from here to Kalamazoo. No, hiding my identity was safer for now. I shook my head no slowly.

Ellen's sweet smile met my refusal and she patted my arm again. "That's okay dear. Maybe you'll tell us later. Can you tell me how you got here?"

The mask people flushed my mind as I shook my head no. Showing no irritation, Ellen continued to smile and asked warmly. "Do you know your age? Where you're from? Do you have any health concerns or allergies?"

For the first time I spoke. "Twenty-four. I don't know where I'm from. No medical problems or allergies" .

"Lovely dear. Now can you recall if you're in any trouble?"

Shit loads I thought but shook my head no. Ellen nodded. "It's all okay. Now you are at Carville Medical institution. We specialize in mental health. You've been asleep for three day's now. We will be running some tests on you as well as a few evaluations so we can determine how to treat you. Once we are certain that you won't harm yourself or other's we will remove the restraints and maybe give you a more pleasant room".

They turned to go and my stomach protested. "Food". I called after them.

Ellen turned with a sweet chuckle. "Of course dear. I'll have a tray sent up immediately. Anything certain you would like?"

For the first time in ages I smiled. "Chocolate cake please".

" as you wish". She hummed then left.

I took the next several day's to think about where to go from here. In the end I gave a fake name and story. My body was slowly getting stronger with the help of food and rest. Eventually I was moved into a small unit but as promised it was better than my rubber palace. I was also allowed to roam freely. Making my first moved I contacted my lawyer. Once he arrived we met in the cafeteria and discussed matters over Turkey sandwiches. I informed him that my whereabouts was to remain secret for now.