Too Much Too Soon

Bleep.

Bleep.

Bleep.

Stretching my lengthy arm's out, I shut my alarm clock off as I gave a monstrous yawn. Rubbing the sleep from my eye's I was able to focus on the red numbers on the clock. Seven ten. Rolling to my side I grabbed my phone from its port to see if anything important came in overnight. I didn't have to be at the Den until nine a.m. But I planned on leaving early because I had to report to my lame ass security job by one.

What the hell was it about this woman. Never have I chased a chic so hard. Fuck, I even signed up for more work just to be near her. My family could never discover I had a job outside of the business. Pape would definitely burst a blood vessel and my cousins would make me the butt of every joke for eternity. Why am I allowing myself to be dangled on a string by some ball busting woman who clearly has it in for me? The only conclusion I have is that I've never been turned down. Tia delivered a punch to my ego and it's in dire need of repair. I assume as soon as I sweet talk myself between her legs she'll be out of my system and I can move on. That's all it's about, sacking the only chic that rejected me and leaving her bed before the sheets are warm and claiming my manhood back.

But that mouth though. Never has a female been so sassy with me. Never had any dared, well except for my bratty ass sister and Mizery. Normally I would crush someone's jaw bone but with Tia.. I found her bluntness amusing. In fact I feel like a moth drawn to a flame.... Firecracker.

Running a hand through my unkempt hair I saw that I had a voicemail from an unknown number. Grunting I assumed it was some annoying telemarketer trying to sell me some bullshit. Fuck, I'd like to take those irritating bastards out at the knees. Deciding I better listen to it just in case. Hitting the voicemail icon I lied back in my velvet headboard. What can I say, I'm retro like that.

As soon as I heard her voice I sat up and hit replay. The message she left spun my head around so that I had to listen twice.

"Good morning Mr. Harper. I do hope you slept well. I'm calling to inform you that your services are no longer needed. My agent Ted dropped me so therefore I make my rules. Such a shame. I'm sure we would have enjoyed working together. Have a good day Harper".

Bitch.

Her voice was nothing but pure sarcasm. You could tell that she enjoyed delivering that message to me. Standing up, I smiled as I trotted to the shower knowing full well that I would see her later today as promised. It's so cute how she thinks she can control me. Yes, Firecracker you are about to learn why I am a Harper.

Thankfully work at the Den wasn't too stressful, well accept my mom charging in on my Pape giving him a ear full. Their relationship is a ticking time bomb that's sure not to end well. I'm aware they had problems in the beginning of their marriage but never had I seen them at each other's throats like this. Mom would curse him followed by Pape threatening her then vice versa. True, it is my Pape's fault. Since our loss he just hasn't been himself and mom has waited patiently for two year's now for him to climb out of this darkness. I don't blame her for being upset. We've all tried to talk to him but the result is getting our heads torn off.

However this fight was different, far worse. I along with CJ and King was sitting by the bar grabbing an after lunch drink when mom stormed Pape's office none too quietly. Even though the door was slammed behind her, her voice could be heard above the Den chatter.

"Enough is enough Demarco. You haven't spent one night at home in nearly a week. This stops today or else".

" Or else what". Pape roared. "Don't you come in here placing threats in me Samantha".