3.5

:: Michael's POV ::

"Pizza or Cheesesteak?"

I bite my lip and smiled up to the lunch women. "Pizza, please." I guess I smiled too much because the next thing she said was, "Never seen someone smile so much over pizza. It's like you don't eat or something." She joked.

I tried not to take it to heart and chuckled slightly, "You have no idea."

As I moved down the line next lady offered me diced pears and etc.

I guess it was all shits and giggles until I hit the cash register to pay for my items.

In change. Yup, quarters, dimes, nickels, and a few pennies.

The cashier gave me a weird look at first. I frowned and looked down at shoes, pulling lightly at the hair lying against my cheek.

After staring for a few minutes she cleared her throat and began counting it. I heard a few groans behind me along with whispers of "is he serious", "oh my god", "cmon".

I guess I could never feel their pain and agony of waiting in line for 2 minutes. If that.

When she was done I hurried out of the line, and for some stupid reason decided to slow down as I saw Luke sitting with his friends. Because I once again felt like Luke would say something at least.. sympathetic?

As soon as I looked at him, and our eyes locked he immediately looked away.

Shit, well now I'm stuck. I began walking before I heard Calum yell over to me.

"Hey look, Mikey was actually able to buy lunch." He teased. "C'mon Mikey wikey, why don't you sit with us today?"

I was luckily out of the lunch room before he began any other tom foolery. I took a long look at the entrance of men's room before heading towards a pair of double doors. I ended up going outside and sitting with Gemma.

She was near a tree on top of a small hill near the school parking lot. The view would've been better if it didn't feature the school.

"Hey Buddy, glad you could join us today." Gemma smiled as I blocked her sunlight. I gave her a half smile and took a seat.

She was with Zayn and Louis smoking. I couldn't afford to smoke, so I just sat and ate my pizza while they smoked and conversed. Though if I began smoking, I would have a reason.

To die faster then I already was.

"You're so quiet when you're here Michael. It makes me wonder if you're chattier in the bathroom." Zayn chuckled. I knew he meant nothing of it so I smiled and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I just.. don't have much to say. My life isn't all what it cracks up to be. If it even does." I shied out, shaky voiced.

Louis took grab of my shoulder, "Oh Michael, I'm sure there's something really special about you. You just haven't found it.." He lifted his eyebrow.

"Or you're just too shy to show everyone. Which is probably the best. Depending on what it is." He pursed his lips and pushed away. I shook my head and laughed.

I frowned as I heard the bell from across the parking lot.

--

I sighed and squinted my eyes as the sun beamed on me. "Ugh. I wish I could get a ride. Walking reeks" I muttered to myself on my way home.

I checked the mail and took a few steps into the house before finding a note on the fridge. It read:

"Working late tonight, eat a meal from the freezer for dinner. I love you. xx"

I smiled and stared at it before going to my room and lying down on the single mattress that was laid on the ground and a few sheets sprawled across.

"Wow. Didn't realize what a mess my room was." I chuckled to myself and shrugged as I laid down on my bed and began going through my phone.

'Going through' was more of an overstatement. I was checking to see if the "0 messages" sign would change to "1 new message."

I was given a mini heart attack when I actually received a message.

'Hii. Can I come over, Michael?' I sat up slightly confused.

'Sorry, who is this?' I replied.

'Well, I kinda don't want you running to conclusions on what I'm going to do and who I am and putting me in your phone. Just.. I'll be over in 5?'

'Uh. Sure? I don't have the nicest house.' I replied.

'I know. Lol.'

I sighed and heaved myself up. I should probably fix up the house. But..

Who was this mysterious person?