6.0

:: Luke's POV ::

Before we were actually at my house I turned the music down, and explained to Michael about what goes on at my house.

"My dad isn't home right now, but my mum is, I also have a few friends over if that's okay with you." I stopped talking when Michael all the sudden had worry written on his face.

"Don't worry." I smiled and pulled into my driveway "just, be yourself, they'll love you."

"Your friends already don't love me, they hate me actually."

I got out of the car and walked to the other side to let him out. "Trust me Clifford, everything will work out ok." He sat in the truck for a minute before getting out.

"This is a big house." He whispered, it seemed as if he were cowering behind me the whole way up to the doorsteps.

Once I opened the door and allowed Mikey in all he did was stare around, his jaw was dropped slightly and the one thing he looked at the most was the chandelier hanging for the ceiling. He looked surprised? "You're house is really big." He managed to squeak out.

"Thank you, you must be..?" My mom came out of the kitchen and greeted him.

"I'm Michael." He shook her hand then looked at me nervously.

"Well I'm Luke's mum but you ca-- ugh. One second." My mom started walking toward the living room with her phone up against her ear, "Hi, Liz Hemmings speaking." I rolled my eyes and began walking towards the kitchen, grabbing a few drinks and a bag of crisps.

"Calum and Josh are already down there," I pointed towards the basement and began walking over to it. I took a deep breathe before opening the door and making my way down. I hope this all works out.

"Hey guys" I smiled and took a seat on a bean bag chair next to the couch. They all smiled and were ready to greet me until they saw Michael coming down after. The look on their faces changed almost immediately. It gave me goosebumps.

"What's the freak doing here?" Calum paused the game and gave him a disgusting look before looking over to me. "That's Michael, I invited him over." I gestured to Michael telling him to come sit.

"Hi." He said quickly and silently. He took his seat on the corner of the room, behind me.

"As long as it stays in the corner, away from me, I guess I can tolerate it." Calum hissed before I unpausing the game and playing.

Everything was quiet for a moment. Until I got up and dragged the chair, michael was sitting in, next to my bean bag chair on the floor.

"Really, Luke?" Josh groaned.

Calum paused his game again, "Didn't you hear me Luke? In the corner."

"He's my friend, his name is Michael, and he's sitting next to me." I protested.

Calum stood up and walked over to him. He ripped the chair from underneath him, making Michael crash to the ground.

"You belong in the corner, Freak." He spat.

I looked at Mikey sympathetically and sighed. He looked back to me the same way, I shook my head and took another deep breathe.

"That's enough." I said. "You're an ass. Michael is my friend, you can treat him with respect or leave."

Calum cocked his head back, and had a questioning look on his face, "Really Luke? You're making me leave because of this freak? Look at him! He doesn't belong here. You know that

I clenched my jaw and took Calum by the collar of his shirt, dragging him toward the door. "Can you stop?! Why can't you just accept him? He's a cool dude. And I guess I an making you leave because of that freak, because I like that freak. That freak is my friend." I finally shoved him out and shut the basement door. Josh looked shocked and just stated at me, "Would you like to stay or is my freaky friend unbearable for you to?"

Josh shook his head, "No, Mikey's cool. But I should probably go because I'm Calum's ride. Thanks for the snacks and stuff Luke." He headed up the stairs and out the door.

--

The rest of the day just consisted of me and him talking about bands. We had common taste in music, basically punk rock from the mid to late 90s.

"It's getting late. I should probably get home before my grandmum starts to worry." Michael stood up and fixed his clothes, and put on his shoes.

"You don't live with your mom?" I asked.

"Nope."

"How come?"

Michael bit his lip, and looked down at his shoes. "How about I tell you next time?"

"Or maybe tonight, Why don't you spend the night?" I smiled and stood up next to him.

"Oh. Uh. Okay, I should probably check in with my grandmum still. She's bad at the whole texting thing."

I shrugged. "Alright" I grabbed my keys. "Let's go."

___________________________________

This WAS REALLY LAME SORRY

-dez