14.0

:: Michael's POV ::
--

Have you ever went on a road trip, and the anticipation makes the trip there seem like forever but on the way back home, it seems like it only happened in a blink of an eye? That's how this trip was. I never wanted it to end.

After the beach, I was out of apologies. Out of warning signs.

On the car ride home I curled up on my seat and pretended to sleep. I pulled my sleeves over my hands and soaked up the guilty tears, as I silently cried into Luke's shirt.

"Hello?" Luke answered his phone. "Yes mom, I'm fine. I'm sor- I just- I needed a small break and so did Michael."

And so didn't michael.
I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes tightly, crying more, as those words came from his mouth.

"Oh yea? Well- well maybe I am." I heard him huff, over the phone. "Mom please. I'm coming home now, can we talk about this later?" I heard his mums screaming dilate. "Thank you.. I just need to drop Michael off at home.. He's asleep." I could feel him look down on me. And I bet he was smiling, which made my heart sink even more than it already was. "Okay mum, love you too."

Don't go. I repeated in my head. Don't go, Don't go, for the love of god, don't leave me alone. But didn't have the courage to say.

Once the car stopped, I sat up and looked over to Luke. He sat back, and sighed with a smile. "I had a lot of fun tonight, I hope you have a goodnight Michael." And he kissed my temple.

"Can..can you walk me to the door?" I said, voice still shakey. He smiled. "Of course." Once we were at the steps, I turned around. He was a step below me, which allowed me, for once, to be taller than him. I combed my fingers threw his hair and put my forehead against his. "I love you, Luke." And kissed him gently. "I love you too." He whispered back.

"I'll see you tomorrow.." He smiled and began to walk away. No no no no, please stay. I bit my lip, and watched him pull out the driveway. I moved through the abandoned house hesitantly. I put my bookbag on the kitchen table, and went into the bathroom.

I looked into the mirror and pulled at my hair lightly, saw bags start to form under my eyes. "You just want to go home.." I repeated to myself, until I became choked up. I pursed my lips and slammed my fists against the bathroom sink, and allowed the sobbing to immense. I curled up on the floor of the bathroom and began to think for a moment.

I got up from the floor and rushed to my room, I took the box from under my bed, and took out a secrete letter I've been writing, and walked back to the bathroom with a pen. I scribbled out about 3 quarters of it, and began to scribble down a few notes at the bottom. I finished the letter up by saying "..I'm home."