11.0

:: Michael's POV ::

(unedited)

I couldn't tell in those very hours if I was awake or not, but every once in a while Luke was tapping my shoulder or shaking me lightly until I was snapped out of my haze I was locked in.

"Hey, mikey..." Luke half whispered. I flickered my eyes before peering up at him. "Me and my mum are going to get some food, would you like anything?" I shook my head, and laid it back down on the arm rest of the chair I was lounging in, to take in the sight of my grandmum on her death bed. Sorry to be such a pessimist.

I felt Luke's hands caress my jaw and slowly tickle my temple before he ran his fingers through, my now platinum, hair. "It'll be okay.." He whispered, kissed the top of my head, and began heading towards the door.

I felt bad for Luke. He thought everything was going to be okay. I've heard those lines way to many times before.

For the most of that day's visit I was wide awake. Though, not really. Mostly in the same haze. The only time I was snapped out of it was when the nurses came in to change her pan, and make sure everything was working alright.

When Luke came back he came in the room for a moment. He kneeled next to the chair I was laying in, as if I were a little kid.

"Hey babe. We're going to be in the waiting area. We bought food, we'll save you some. And uh.. " He paused and reached into his pocket. "I brought your friend." He brought out Daniel and placed him in my hands, lightly rubbing his thumb against the top of my hand. I faked a smile, and them wrapped my hands around the lion.

"And as for you.." Luke stood up and took out the giraffe that I had given her for her birthday. "I brought your friend too don't worry." He chuckled and put it in the bed next to her, tucking the giraffe in.

As much as I wanted to say Thank you, I decided to remain mute. In the moment I believe I forgot how to open my mouth, actually. And As much as I wanted to go and get food, I had forgotten how to eat. I forgot how to be alive. I wasn't alive.

And that's how it was until I died.

--

They pronounced my grandmother dead a week later, after I had to be given the lecture of how completely wrong the surgery went. Again.

Luke and his mum dropped me off at home. The sympathetic stares they gave me tugged helplessly at my heart strings but I went home anyways. I laid in my bed for a long time after. A long time as in, about a week or so. Luke would hopelessly knock on my door everyday or sent me text, but I didn't dare to look a them.

I guess, I kind of understood it now. I understand what it meant to love. And it's disgusting. I don't want to love or be loved, because nothing lasts forever. Including love.

The day I returned to school, I felt my heart sink as the blondie wore a award winning smile; happy to see my back at school. It wasn't long before his smile wilted.

"Hey."

"Hi." responded quickly.

"Are you okay?"

"Yea .. I'm okay." I faked a smile. But I didn't lie. I was only okay.

He huffed and began doodling on his school notes.

____________________________________

hiiii!

sorry that this is really short and kind of late but yea hey here it is

-dez