Chapter 3: Shopping and Kev

You had a lot of trouble trying to find clothes that would hide the brace on your ankle. It was white, so you couldn't really camouflage it with your jeans. Not that you could really hide the large silver crutches that you would be using. And the large bruise on your face. You decided on just doing jeans and a green sweater. You slid on black socks and you could only put one shoe on. You threw your bag over your shoulder and grab Sweet Peas jacket and sling it over your arm. As you make it downstairs you see your mother waiting and she eyes the black leather on your arm.
   "What is that?" She asked. "When did you get a leather jacket?"
    "Oh I didn't. It's just a friends. He loaned it to me last night because I was still in my cheerleading practice outfit," you explained.
    "He?" She rose an eyebrow. "What's his name?"
     "I don't actually know his real name," You laughed. "But, he goes by Sweet Pea."
     "Sweet Pea? That's... Nice?" She said. "Well I hope you are taking care of yourself." You nodded and she followed you out the door. It was still chilly from the rain so when the wind blew you got a chill down your body. You held the jacket closer to your body and got in your moms car. Usually you would walk with Betty and Archie, but given the circumstances... It really wasn't a part of the equation now. You watched the sky roll by. Still covered in dark grey clouds. You loved watching the sky when it was like this. You thought it had a certain beauty that not many people see. The light and the dark that blended like dark cotton candy. You smiled to yourself admiring the small peak of sun. As you neared the school a weird rush of butterflies ran over you. You weren't sure why.
   You got out of the car pulling the cold metal sticks out of the back of the car and then slid your backpack on your back. You slowly made your way up the stairs into the warm school. People buzzed by you as you made your way to the lounge.
   "Y/N?" Betty said from her seat next Archie and Jughead. "Oh my god! What the hell happened?" The trio quickly made way for you to sit. "Y/N?"
    "I slipped at practice yesterday," you chuckled. "Just being clumsy... I have to wear this damn thing for six weeks and use these crutches until it doesn't hurt to stand."
   "You fell?" Archie chuckled. "Sounds like you."  You hit him. "Sorry. But, am I wrong?"
    "Who's jacket?" Jug asked eyeing the forgotten leather in your arms.
     "Sweet Pea's. He lent it to me yesterday because it was raining and I was in shorts," you explained.
     "Really? Sweet Pea lent you that? Weird," Jughead ventured. "I swear he was just hooking up with Lilian." You felt a small pang in your stomach as those words came from his mouth. That was weird. Betty gave her boyfriend a look that told him to stop talking. "I can give that back if you want..." you nodded handing him the jacket. "I gotta get to class. Let's go Archie." The redhead nodded a goodbye and followed his best friend.
    "So..." Betty sat next to you now. "Sweet Pea?" You frowned at her. "Please. I seen you when Jug said that."
     "No. What absolutely not," you stuttered.
    "Alright," she held her hands up. "Well Veronica is throwing a party this weekend. And obviously you are going. Cheryl and Toni will be there as well. Please say yes."
     "Fine. I should be able to walk without these by then," you smiled at the blonde. "How can I say no to a face like that?"
    "You would be surprised," she laughed. "I am so excited you are coming though. Kevin!" You turned to see the brunette walking into the lounge, wet soppy hair. "Is it raining?"
    "Raining? More like torrential down pour," Kevin shook off. "What happened?"
    "Clumsy?" You shrugged. He gave his signature laugh and sat on the other side of you.
    "So this party?" Kevin smiled. "Any cute boys attending?"
    "Of course. It's V's party," Betty laughed. "Just don't get carried away or go into the woods."
     "Only if I lore one of them out with me," he winked. "And, Y/N? Will you be there? I haven't seen you party lately."
     "Of course I will," you smiled. "I'm feeling rather scandalous."
     "I love it," Kevin smiled. "This party is going to be spectacular." You smiled at him.
     "Well... I am going to an outfit. Kev? Wanna come along with Cheryl and I?" You asked. "Could use a male's opinion."
    "It's not really my thing, but if it means getting you back to the party," Kevin smiled. "I'm so in. I need a break from all of this crazy Riverdale drama anyways. It will be refreshing."
     "I hope so," you nodded. "Hopefully my ankle will be alright."
     "Praying for you," Kevin said getting up. "Need a walk to class?"
      "Would love it, Betty?" You looked to the blonde. "Coming?"
       "I'll catch up. I have stuff for the blue and gold to get done," she explained.
   At lunch you sat with Cheryl looking at the sad, disgusting food on your tray. It looked like a piece of cardboard with green cheese on top. You pushed it away.
     "So, Y/N/N, how are you feeling?" Cheryl took a drink of her cherry cola looking at you.
     "Fine... I need you to come shopping with me," you explained. "I'm in a party mood."
     "Ooh," she clapped her hands excitedly. "I like this side of you. When do we go?"
      "Tonight. Kevin is coming as well," you said before getting up. "Meet me at the front of the school as soon as the bell rings. I have to get to my next class early."
   "Kev," you came up behind him placing a hand on his shoulder. "Outside of school as soon as the bell rings." He nodded looking up at you. You didn't feel it, but someone was watching you with a burning sensation. "See You then, babe."
    And as you pushed to the end of the day. For the final bell and to be out of Biology early. Not paying attention to any of your surroundings. And when Biology came. You sat in your seat. No one was there yet. You tapped your fingers impatiently watching the clock. And as people came in and the bell rang once. Then twice. Sweet Pea sat next you. Ignoring your side gaze. The third bell rang which meant that class was beginning. And you waited. Then as time came around, you gathered your things and walked out of class. To the stairs, waiting on the redhead and the sheriffs boy.
   "Let's go," Cheryl came from behind you making you jump. You turned to see Fangs and Kevin. Toni was not far behind. You rose your brows at all of them. "Need more opinions. And who doesn't love a good shopping trip?" You nodded getting up following them all to the red car.
   You have tried many outfits and none were exactly what you wanted. Until Toni brought you one. It was just the right amount of showing and the right amount of not. It was perfect. (Idea Below obvi)

  "That's the one," Kevin gawked as you came from the dressing room

  "That's the one," Kevin gawked as you came from the dressing room. Fangs whistled.
   "Damn," Toni had a proud glint in her eyes. "You have to get this one." You smiled nodding.
   "You look awesome," Fangs looked you up then down. "Every guy will be all over you at this party."
    "That's what I want," you smirked looking at yourself in the mirror. "How am I going to get myself in shoes though? This god awful thing will be in the way."
     "Find a smaller brace," Kevin said. "Every pharmacy has 'em. One night won't hurt."
    "I almost forgot!" You thought. "Thank you Kev."