Chapter 6: Rearranging

You had officially become friends with Fangs, Toni, and Sweet Pea when they had invited you over for a bonfire. To initiate the friendship they had pulled a prank on you. You called them a few choice words that would never be repeated in front of your family. Then, as the night progressed you all sat together watching the fire slowly die out. Cheryl and Toni were whispering to each other and giggling. Jug and Betty had left moments ago. Fangs laid on the ground watching the sky and you and Sweet Pea sat together on a log. It had come almost accustom for you to lay your head on his shoulder. Sometimes he would lay his feet in your lap if there was room for him to lay. He was tall. So you there few places he could actually lay comfortably. That night had been one of the best nights you had. The next best night was the night you found out you no longer had to wear the ankle brace. You ended up wearing it for twelve weeks instead of six. Now Spring break was nearing and you had no plans.
"Y/N/N," Fangs called over to you. Lunch time was rushing around you as you sat next to him and Pea. "What are you doing for Spring Break?"
"Nothing. I was just going to stay home," you shrugged. "Why?"
"Because, we are all going to Betty's family in Florida for a beach vacay," Cheryl smiled. "And you are totes coming."
"I mean if I have to," you shrugged.
"You could stay here," Pea joked. "With your mom."
"No," you said. "Definitely not. When do we leave?"
"Friday night when break starts," Betty smiled. "My aunt won't be there so we'll have the place to ourselves. It's an early graduation gift."
"Cool," you took a bite of a carrot. "What are we taking?"
"We haven't decided that yet," Kevin said.
"Well... We could take my car," you suggested. "My parents got new cars and gave me the three row."
"Perfect!" Cheryl smiled.
"You aren't driving us there," Pea quickly said. "Your driving is awful."
"Um it is not," you argued hit him. "I am a fantastic driver!"
"Tell that to my newly indented trash can," Pea looked at you. You rolled your eyes. "Before you even argue. It was completely out of the way."
"Who do you suggest drives then?" You asked crossing your arms. "How about you. Since you wanna talk."
"Fine," he shrugged. "As long as I get music choice." You scoffed. "Jughead could be driving and we could listen to his shitty 'alternative' playlist."
"Point," Toni pointed her fork in Pea's direction. You agreed and he smiled in triumph. "This trip is going to be great."
"It better if we have to listen to this ones music choice," you joked poking Sweet Pea in his side. "Classic rock for days."
"You enjoy it," he looked down to you. "And you know it." You shrugged.
"Ugh guys stop. You are putting a damper on my vacation," Fangs whined.
"Fangs we don't leave for another two weeks," Toni furrowed her eyebrows.
"Mine has already started," he said looking to the sky. You laughed throwing a piece of your food at him, which he caught with his mouth. "Thanks. I love me so food..."
"Are you still coming to help me rearrange my room?" You asked eyeing the two boys, they had promised a week ago that they would help.
"Oh. I forgot about that," Fangs said. You gave him pleading look. "I have detention." You looked at Pea.
"Yeah. I can still come be your maid," he said eating his apple.
"Thank god. My bed is heavy," you sighed in relief.
Pea gave you a ride on his bike to your house. This wasn't the first time he had, but it was the first time he was coming inside. Your mother was there, which made your shoulders slightly fall. Your mother was just as bad as Alice Cooper. But they did not get along.
"Mom?" You called opening the door.
"In the kitchen," she said. You sighed walking in to see her in the fridge. "I hope that you plan on getting that bedroom done today. If not I'm throwing everything out." She turned startled to see Pea.
"Mom, this is Sweet Pea, Pea this is my mother, Carol," you introduced. "We are going to go get my room done. He's my strong hand."
"Alright... I have to run to the store," she said eyeing the two of you. "No horse play." She grabbed her purse off the counter. You groaned slightly reminding her that you were just friends.
"My room is upstairs... I am warning you that right now it is all disarray because I need to move my bed and dresser and desk..." he nodded as he followed you upstairs. "I wanted to paint, but my mom said absolutely not."
"It's very... Blue," he laughed. "Did you actually track your height?" He ran his hand on the wall where your height over the years had risen. "God."
"Shut up!" You threw a pillow at him. "I wanted to be like the movies!" You there your book bag on the ground next to your desk. You explained how you wanted to move your things. He nodded and pulled your dresser into the hall. "Oh god!" You quickly tore down the old photos of you and threw them in a drawer. "You were not supposed to see those."
"You were adorable. Look at your pigtails," he laughed pulling a photo off the floor. "Who's the boy?"
"That's my brother... He passed a while ago," you said looking at the picture. "I was still little."
"That's why you don't like Riverdale General?" He asked giving it to you and you nodded taking one last look and putting it in the drawer. "Alright. Let's get this bed moved you sighed. He nodded and you both tried to move it. It was extremely heavy so you could only do so much.
"Give me a minute," he said dropping the bed. You nodded sitting on your slightly moved bed and scrolled through your phone. "I called reinforcements."
"You brought Archie?" You asked sitting up.
"No... The next best thing. I called Jughead," he said.
"Jughead? The next best thing would've been Kevin or Toni," you sighed.
"I'm slightly offended," he said. "But, Toni is especially strong."
"And Archie? Really?" Pea chuckled. "You know me better than that. I hope."
"Yeah. I just thought you two were making amends," you shrugged. "Let's try this then."After an hour you had moved it almost completely into its new spot but you still have to turn it.
"Any way that it will be fine here?" Jughead asked. You gave him a look. "Right. Alright... Let's get back to it then. I have to meet Betty at the blue and gold in half an hour."
You finally turned it and got it in its place. Jughead left right after and you listened to his bike fly down the road. You fell to the bed in exhaustion. Sweet Pea sat next to you laying his head against the headboard. You guys sat in silence for a few moments.
"Y/F/N! You better get your shit out of my hallway and get that god damn room finished the way that I like it," your mother shouted making you jump. Sweet Pea chuckled as he helped you move your dresser and desk back into your room. Then he sat on the bed as you picked your stuff up and redecorated. Pea was flipping one of your photo albums. Chuckling ever so often making you wonder which book he was looking at.
"What are you looking at?" You laid next to him. "Oh my... Why..." you tried getting the book out of his hands but he held it up laughing. You got on top of him now. Not even noticing actually. You reached for the book, but he was stronger than you. "Give me it. It's so embarrassing."
"I've looked at it already. Just let me finish," he laughed. You gave up and fell off of him hiding your face. "Your captions are too cute... 'Stop trying to make Fetch happen' what are you a mean girl now?"
"Shut up," you groan.
"Your dresses are cute. What are you supposed to be?" He asked eyeing a costumes picture.
"Princess Peach... But my mom thought that Princess Bubblegum was better," you sighed looking at the picture of the eight year old you.
"Wow. Princess..." he chuckled. "I think I'm gonna call you that now." You hit him with a pillow and he grabbed it tossing it at the end of the bed. "Stop hitting me, princess." You rolled your eyes and he closed the book and set it on the bed. He laid his head in your lap and you played with his hair. It was oddly calming. "So, anything else you need?"
"No," you thought. "I have your shirt though. I forgot to give it back, so I've been sleeping in it."
"Eh. Keep it. I don't really wear it anyways," he shrugged. "Do you really think that my music is that bad?"
"No... It just reminds me of my dad," you laugh as you run your fingers through his hair. "Your hair is gross." He looks up at you. "It's greasy as hell." He rolled his eyes.
"Shut up," he sat up now. "I think I'm gonna get going. I have a date with Ash." He pulled his vest on.
"Ooh... That cute red head?" You ask sitting up. He nods. "Well I wanna know how it goes."
"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow," he says before leaving your room. You wave and grab the photo album putting it in your drawer with your other pictures. You needed more.