Chapter 38: Over and Over Again

You had finally grown accustomed to the Nebraska way of living. It wasn't home, though. It didn't have all of the people you love. You only talked to Reggie, which was okay at first. But, you run out of things to talk about. Sure Reggie and you walked every day around the neighborhood. You met a few of your neighbors a week ago, including a young couple who had two children, Abby and Tommy. You hadn't felt much better. Still getting sick everyday, which Reggie now was starting to worry. You tell him you are fine, that it's just a virus or something. Your relationship had grown odd. It lacked something, but you figure it was just being cramped in the house all day. Your uncle finally comes into town and sees the two of you. It's the first time he's seen you since he left you both at the airport.
   "How is the life here in the west?" He asks looking around. "The place looks nice."
   "It's quite and not filled with drama," Reggie shrugs. "Starting to meet neighbors."
   "That is great," Gordon smiles. "What do they think you are? Friends? Siblings?"
   "Lydia and Charles are a couple," you explain.
   "Oh. Well, congratulations," Gordon seems confused. "How are you feeling?"
   "She's still getting sick," Reggie cuts you off before you can say anything. "It's basically every day."
   "Everyday?"
   "I am fine," you groan.
    "Well you should still see the doctor," Gordon pulls out his phone. "As Lydia Dove though. I'll have a car of my own delivered tonight, your medical records were changed to Lydia Dove and are in that folder. I have Charles' folder here." He hands one to Reggie. "Your stories are you at home freelancers. You work for Amazon." You both nod. "Alright, well, let's hope you aren't too sick. Erm, food! Alright. I have groceries being delivered every other week now. So, I guess you should send an email with anything you want. I'm sure you know by now when trash comes and whatever. Anything you need?"
   "No, thank you for all of this," you say. "It's great. You are really just..."
    "It's nothing," he shrugs. "I'm glad you are finally okay. See a doctor. No one has a virus for two months."
   "I will," you wave him off.
   "Take care," he says getting up. "Can't stay too long, gotta keep moving. You're just business partners here."
   "We understand," you laugh. "Bye, Uncle Gordon."
   "Alright," he nods. "Bye, kids."
  "He's really weird," Reggie chuckled and you nod. "Smart though."
   "He is," you nod again. "I wonder how long it would take for his car to be taken here. I am kinda getting bored with the neighborhood."
   "Probably a while," he chuckled. "He didn't say how he was shipping it. I hear that he can ship by plane though. It's really cool."
    "Gordon is the flashy type," You laugh. "It will probably be here in a couple hours. I'll call him." You pull your phone out and he nods. "Hey, do you have an idea when that car will get here?"
   "My assistant said by five this afternoon. There will be a tow truck dropping it off and you will have to sign," he sounds bored.
   "Alright. That is all," you say and he hangs his phone up. "Well, It will be here by five this afternoon."
   "That gives us... Six hours," he looks at his watch. "What can we do in six hours?"
   "A lot," you shrug sitting on the couch.
   "Yeah," he says sitting next to you.
"Like movies," you say. "And walk, or nap. Or eat. Or..." You wrap you hand in his. "All of the above."
"I can go for that," he chuckled. "Find a movie and I will make sandwiches." You nod grabbing the remote to flip through the channels. You hear him going through the cabinets and drawers, in the kitchen. And mutter a few indescribable things to himself. You find the movie channels and chose a movie. "Here." He hands you a plate and sits next to you.
The rest of the day goes like you both thought. You watched a movie and when the other started, you both fell asleep in the beginning. You wake up with him almost completely laying on top of you, his body heat making you extremely uncomfortable. You try to wiggle out, but you can't get him to budge. You try to wake him, up still nothing. So, your last resort is to push him off. You wiggle your arms free and place your hands on his shoulders giving a good push. He rolls off of you and the couch to the floor. He groans and pushes himself up with his hands.
"You Okay?" You act innocent. "What happened?"
"Must've missed interpreted the size of the couch," he sighed getting up.
"Must've. Did you hit your head?" You ask follow him and he shakes his head. "It's four. We have an hour to pass. What are we gonna do now? We still have a little time to walk."
"Can do half the block," he said. "Up and around then back. That's about an hour." You nod and grab your shoes. He does the same. After he puts his shoes on he brushes his teeth. "Ready?"
"Yeah," you nod opening the front door. "You know, it's kinda nice here. The summers are pretty. It rains, but not like a lot. The people are nice."
"They are," He nods and looks around. "There's Cheyenne."
"Charles! Lydia!" She smiles and looks back at her youngest before letting you at the sidewalk. "I thought you were sick, didn't see you walking this morning."
"We had some business," you say with a shrug. "How's Tommy?"
"He's alright," she says. "He and his dad have been working on that playhouse all day. Abby was so jealous. I brought her up here to play."
"Well, only the cool kids play up here," Reggie smiles at the little girl.
"What are you playing?" You ask her.
"With my barbies," Abby shows you both. "Lydia, play?"
"Of course I will," you smile and get on your knees. "Which one do you want?" She takes one and hands you the other.
"How long have the two of you known each other?" Cheyenne asks.
"Before preschool," he chuckles. "She's always been great with little kids. Her nieces love her to death."
"That long, wow. You two look nice together and would make a great family," she says and you smile to yourself. "Dylan and I met when we were juniors."
"Oh," you know that he doesn't know what to say next. "That's awesome. Sometimes, you know when it's supposed to last."
"I guess you do," she nods. "So does getting pregnant at sixteen." He chuckles dryly.
"We should get going, Lydia," Reggie said. "That delivery and the doctor appointment."
"Oh yeah," you say. "Almost forgot. Abby, you should come over one day for a play date! We will play barbies and anything you want."
"Okay!" She smiles at you as you hand her Barbie back. You say goodbye to Cheyenne and walk with Reggie back to the house. It doesn't take long for the car to get there and you sign as Lydia Dove. The driver leaves the car in the driveway.
"You gotta go to the doctor," Reggie said grabbing the keys. You groan in annoyance. "Don't groan at me. Let's go." You sigh following him out the door and to the car.
"Lydia Dove?" The nurse calls and you follow her back. "Hi. Wanna step on this scale?" You do as told and she measures your height and weight. "Alright. What's been bothering you?"
"Just been getting nauseous and sick," you say shrugging. "I tell everyone I'm fine, but."
"Alright. Anyway that you are possibly pregnant?" She asks writing in her notebook.
"I don't think so," you say looking at her.
"Alright," She nods. "I am gonna have you pee in this cup, leave it behind the toilet when you are finished. The doctor will be in after." You look at the cup for a moment then go do as told. The bathroom is a few doors down the hall. You feel nervous. You leave the cup on the back of toilet as told and walk back to the exam room. It feels like forever before the doctor comes back.
"Hi, Lydia," she smiles. "I hear you've been sick lately. Well, I the good news is that I know why. I got your urine sample and it turns out that you are pregnant. Now, there are a lot of options for you and I want you to know that we are here to help. I have a few pamphlets for you. But, before we begin I think I need to do some calculations here." She asks you about your period and other things and you answer uncomfortably. "Well it seems that you are about ten weeks pregnant. That is almost three months. I am also gonna give you a prescription for some prenatal supplements and something for your nausea." You still cannot comprehend this as she speaks. "I know that this is a lot to take in. Do you have anyone in the waiting room?" You nod. "Alright. Name?"
"Re.. Charles," You say. She nods before leaving the room. After a minute goes by, Reggie comes in and shuts the door behind him.
"What's wrong?" He asked, fear clouding all of his features. "Y/N?"
"I don't know. I mean I know... I just don't know how to say it." He gives you a look, still scared. "I'm pregnant. Almost three months."
"What?" He asks.
"Yeah. Obviously, it is not yours. We hadn't," you start and he nods rubbing his hands over your face. "I'm sorry. God this sucks."
"It doesn't suck," he says. "It's alright. I'm sure things are gonna be okay soon and we can get Gordon to tell Sweet Pea. Or you can write him. Or something. I'm not sure what the right way is."
"Well... If you don't tell anyone... I actually have been texting Betty, trying to help," you say pulling your phone out and he chuckles a little. "Should I call her? Or, send a text? How do you do this?"
"Call her," Reggie said.
"You're right," you say pulling the phone to your ear.
"Lydia?" Betty says and you shake your head. "What's wrong?"
"Hey, Betty," you sigh. "Is anyone around you?"
"No," she says. "What's going on?"
"Betts, I am pregnant," you say quickly. "Three months. I don't know what to do. And, I have no other way to tell you know... I am scared."
"Alright... Calm down," she says. She's always so calm in scary situations. "You're gonna be alright, you have someone taking care of you. Your best friend. I will take care of things here, I promise. You will be fine. Just breathe and make sure you take care of yourself." You hear a few voices in the background.
"Who is that?" You sit up a little.
"It's alright," she says again.
"I want to know what he says," you have tears brimming your eyes.
"I know. I will tell you," she says. "It's gonna be fine, I'll see you soon."
"See you soon," you say and hang up. Panic rising in your body. You can barely breathe now. "What am I going to do? I am going to have a baby and the father is half way across the country. I don't have a mother to talk to. All of my girl friends are back home. He's gonna flip out. I'm gonna do this all alone. I'm gonna be alone. Oh my god, I'm gonna be sick. I can't breathe."
"It's alright," Reggie hushed you. "It's gonna be fine, you are so strong. I am not gonna leave your side through this. And, if when we go back home, Jordan will be there waiting for you. With everyone else. This baby is going to be so loved by everyone. I can't imagine how happy Jordan will be."
"Stop saying Jordan," you snap. "You're just making fun of him. But, thank you for your support and being so helpful. I'm sorry this kinda ruins what we had going on."
"It's fine. I think it was just a spurt. I know you and Sweet Pea belong together," he said with a smile. "I love you, but not like that anymore. It was just all of the emotions and stress from moving. The moment. We are meant to be friends."
"Yeah," you nod. "I think you're right. I want to go home with my friends. I'm scared."
"I know," he hugs you. "It's scary, but you're not alone. You have me and Cheyenne. She's gonna be so thrilled and so will Abby. I know, it's not who you want."
"Thanks," You sigh. "How are we going to explain this though?"
"The truth about our relationship," he said. "We haven't been together since school. You were with someone else, who you love. We are friends."
"Okay," you nod.
"Let's get back to the house," he said softly. "You can lay down and rest. Talk to Gordon sometime. He's gonna have to know. If you want, I will call him. While you sleep."
"I guess," you nod and slide off the bed. "I have prescriptions, how do I get these? I'm not a real person."
"I'm sure there are some over the counter things," he says furrowing his brows. "Erm... Tell them your birthday and name. Then, we can pay?"
"I guess that makes sense," you chuckle. "But, what about like insurance? It's not the same."
"I guess we will see," he shrugs and walks you to the car. After returning to the house, you go to the room and throw yourself in bed. You still had so much confusion and stress. You didn't know what you were going to do or what Sweet Pea would say. You could only think of him flipping out. Him being angry. He said that he didn't want any kids early on in life or even at all. Your relationship is already strained and broken. This would ruin it completely. You felt sick again. "Hey... What are you thinking about?" Reggie is standing in the doorway.
"Nothing," You shake your head.
"You know, you should try watching some TV. It might help ease your mind," he said. "Here." He tosses you the remote. "Seriously. It will help take your mind of everything."
   "Do you miss Riverdale?" You ask. "Do you think about going back?"
   "Yeah," he nods. "Don't you?"
    "I did, but maybe not anymore. Maybe I should stay here," you sigh. "Go to school online and take care of this baby."
    "Why?"
    "Because, I screwed up and now I have to deal with it. I don't wanna go back where I am not wanted. And, the baby doesn't deserve that either," you sigh.
   "Why wouldn't you be wanted? That is your home," he says. "You have friends and family there."
   "After this. Probably not," you sigh.
   "Stop," his tone was harsh. "I am done with your pity party. You are not pulling me into that loop again. You will go home and deal with all of this."
   "I can't go home," you remind him. "There's a maniac after me."
   "You can," he said. "Eventually. I think, you are old enough to make your own decisions. But, now you have more than one life to look after."
   "I guess I've had to look after more than one for a while now. Three months now," you sigh. "Been doing pretty well."
   "Now you are," he shrugged. "A month ago, you were locked in your room barely eating or moving. I know, that was just a phase. But, still." 
    "I don't even know if I want to go home," you groan. "Why are we even talking about it. I just wanna figure out what the hell I am going to do. I have no fucking idea right now." He chuckled lowly. "Don't you dare fucking laugh. It's not funny." You whine.
   "It kinda is," he argued. "Look at you! You are a mess, you're always a mess. Now you have a little human inside of you. Which ironically, makes you little less of a mess. Somehow. You are thinking irrationally, rational somehow. Which makes no sense. So you are spiraling. Again. You never get a break to actually sit back do you?"
   "No... I don't know much, but I know that this kid is the only semi-positive thing that has happened in these last few months. Even year really. And, what I am confused about, is how I'm not freaking over the baby itself, but I'm more scared about what fucking Sweet Pea will think. So, I guess it is funny," you laugh. "I really am a mess."
   "You don't have to worry about what he thinks. It's his decision, but you already care for the bean," he crosses his arms. Somehow, everything he was saying was making sense to you. And, you realized that you did love the little bean. It didn't matter what he thought, he didn't have to be apart of the kids life. It was up to him, you weren't going to force him into anything. You were able to do this. You had great friends, who you know would support you. "What are you thinking about?"
   "You're right. I don't need him to accept this. It's his decision and if he doesn't... I have a great support system already," you smile. "It's not like you all haven't been planning this."
   "The next Polly Cooper," he smirked.
   "Don't do that. Polly is such a nice girl and she deserves so much. She didn't know what was coming towards her," you frown a little. "She just loved Jason."
   "Calm down. I won't say it again. Are you going to tell your uncle your going home?" He asked, already knowing you made your decision.
   "When I'm there," you shrug. "He can't do anything, if I'm there. We should pack lightly. All of these clothes are not going to fit in that trunk."
   "I know," he nods. "Pack a book bag. It's a whole day of driving." You nod getting up and grab a bag from under your bed. You stuff it with sweaters and a t-shirt, then throw your toothbrush in a ziplock before tossing it in as well. While you get your things, Reggie is throwing a few snacks in bags. He fills one with frozen foods to keep fruit cold. He also throws your juice in as well. "Ready to go home?"
   "We should say bye to Abby and Cheyenne. I'm sure Tommy and Dylan are still working on that clubhouse. I would feel bad, if we just up an left." He nods and you follow him out to the car. He stops in front of the family's home and you knock on their door.
   "Lydia?" Cheyenne opens the door with Abby in her arms. "Is something wrong?"
   "No," you shake your head. "We have to go back home... There is a lot going on there, and we have to help. We just wanted to say goodbye before we left."
   "Oh," she says opening the door more and walking out. "Do you know when you will be back?"
   "No," you shake your head and she wrapped her free arm around you. She was short then you by a few inches, so it was a little awkward. You hug her back then rub the top of Abby's tired head. "Bye, Abs. Hopefully we still get out play date." She blinks a few times.
   "Say bye," the mother says and the little girl waves. "Bye, I hope everything goes well and we see you again."
   "Me too," you smile and she watches you go back to your car. "Let's go back to Hell."
    He chuckles as he puts the car in gear and the two of you drive back to Riverdale. You text Betty, telling her that you were coming home. And told her not to say anything. Of course she sends back six million questions and you try your best to answer. The ride was long and uncomfortable. You drive the whole time, only stopping for gas and bathroom breaks. The time seems to drag on, while you watch the other passing cars. Reggie blast some obscene music the whole way and it drives you crazy, but you don't say anything. Falling asleep came easier than you thought it would. You lean your head back against the seat and close your eyes. You have a dreamless sleep and wake up to Reggie's voice.
   "Wake up," he speaks hoarsely. "About to hit Riverdale." You sit up and let your eyes adjust to the burning sunlight. You watch trees go by then you see the familiar sign. Riverdale; The Town with Pep. If only the incoming people knew that pep wasn't what they thought. It's more of chaos and drama. If people only knew, you doubt the town would even exist then.
   Your house looks the same, you weren't sure what you expected. It wasn't that though. You thought there would be an eerie filter over it or a film of dirt. But, it looked the same as you left it. Lacking life. You watch Reggie walk down the street before pushing yourself into your home. It smelt the same. Like maple and sweets. The light from the outside lit up almost every inch of the living room. It still creaks in the same places, but louder like it knew it hadn't made the noise in a while. A small layer of dust covers the tables and tv stands. You half expected your parents to come from the upstairs to ask you how your vacation was, but no one comes. You throw your bag on your bedroom floor after sending Betty a text. You look around your room. It was a little messy, but still like a dream. You wanted to come back for so long now, and the overwhelming feeling hits you. You feel your face heat up and tears brim your eyes. Looking at all of the pictures you had up. You sit, trying to calm yourself. But it's too much. You weren't sure if you were happy or not. Maybe you were confused. Everything was familiar, yet strange. You had only just got used to your things in Nebraska.
   "Y/N?" You hear Betty call from the bottom of your steps.
   "Up here," You basically croak and you hear the steps squeak as she rushes up them. You see her familiar frame in your doorway. Her blonde ponytail and her pink sweater. She wraps her arms around you and squeezed gently. "Hey Betty."
   "Hi," she laughed. "You look so different. Your hair."
   "Very faded," you laughed pulling a few strands between your fingers. "I've missed you so much, Betty Cooper."
   "I've missed you too, Y/N," she says.
   "It sounds so great to be called by my own name," You laugh. "And to be home and with familiar people."
   "How do you feel?" She asks eyeing you up and down. "Do you still get sick?"
   "Not as badly," you explain. "I'm starting to feel a lot better. I am starving though."
   "Well, I know the place to go," she smiled. "Milkshakes and a BLT?"
   "I thought you'd never ask," you laugh. "Let me just change my clothes. I've been riding in that car for hours." She nods and waits as you grab some clothes and go into your bathroom.
   You feel excited as you pull into the Chock-Lit Shoppe's parking lot and see the neon sign still lit. Hearing the familiar bell of the door opening with Betty following behind. You see Veronica first and she does a weird girl squeal and runs around the counter.
   "Y/N!" She smiles widely. "I am so happy you are back! How was New York?"
   "I wasn't in New York. I was in Nebraska," you sigh. "It was different."
   "Nebraska?" They both seem confused now and you shrug.
   "I don't even know how to explain anything," you laugh. "It was a rollercoaster of emotions and it went by real quick. I decided that it was time for me to make my own decisions, given the circumstances."
   "Circumstances?" Veronica asks and you look to the Blonde.
    "She is three months pregnant," Betty says with a whispered tone.
    "Oh my god! Congratulations... That means that it's Sweet Pea's you left a little over two months ago," she puts together. "Does he know?"
   "No," Betty said.
   "Oh my! How are you going to tell him?" The raven haired girl looked so intrigued and you just shrug. "Okay. I will get your milkshakes and food."
    "You're going to have a lot of those," Betty chuckled. "Jughead and Archie are bound to come in soon. They always do. Veronica probably texted Archie already. It won't take long for word to get to everyone else." She gives you knowing look. "Sweet Pea will find out you're here."
   "I know," you sigh. "I'm just gonna deal with it when the time comes." She nods. "Right now, I just want to eat and enjoy myself. God knows, I've been thinking too much lately."
   "Y/N?" You hear the door bells ring and the familiar voices of the redhead and the brooding boys.
   "How are you?" Archie asks as you stand. He wraps his football arms around you.
   "Can't breathe," you groan and he lets go. "I'm okay. Look at you! You got a few new scars."
   "Life of Riverdale," he chuckled. "You look great."
   "Thanks," You laugh. "You do too." You turn to the beanie boy. "Hi, Jug."
   "Hey," he smiles lightly before embracing you himself. "What brought you home?"
   "I have news that might cause a volcanic explosion," You laugh and they both give confused looks. "Three months." Jughead's mouth hangs slightly ajar and you see the cogs in Archie's head trying to make sense of that.
   "Really?" Jug looks between you and his girlfriend, both nodding. "Congratulations." Archie finally gasps and hugs you again. "Calm down, Lenny." He drops you with a toothy grin on his face.
   "I'm glad you guys didn't freak out," you laugh. "I already know that once Cheryl and Fangs find out... I'm done for."
   "Speaking of the devil," Jughead mumbled eyeing the door. "I invited them this morning, didn't know we would be having a welcome home thing."
   "No one did," you sighed and watched the redhead and her girlfriend walk through the door. It was just as dramatic as you remember. Almost as if they walked in slow motion. Cheryl's red hair flowed like a cape behind her and her red smile still looking like she was up to something. She eyes you instantly and her smile grows.
   "What are you doing here?" Toni is the first to speak. You couldn't tell if she was angry or happy to see you.
   "I'm home?" You say, shrinking a little in your seat. "I'm done letting people tell me what to do. I can make my own choices and I have more than one person to look after now."
   "More than one?" Cheryl asks.
   "She's pregnant," Toni says lightly. "How long?"
   "Three months," you say, still scared she will be angry. You watch them both do math in their heads.
    "Oh my," Toni said before giving you a smile which you return relieved. "He doesn't know, does he?"
    "Not yet," you say. "Seen all of you first."
    "Okay," She nods. "You should tell him alone. He will be confused as is."
    "I know," you take in a shaky breath. "I am dealing with things as they come. I didn't think it would happen so soon, like seeing everyone at the same time."
   "It will be fine," she reassured you. "We will still be here... You are probably gonna have to sit with Fangs too. He will throw a whole fit if you tell him in a unspectacular way."
   "I know," you laugh. "It's a lot to do."
   "Don't be afraid," Betty smiled at you. "You came all this way for it. And, you are too strong to give in."
   "I know," you laugh again. "I am a warrior goddess."
   "There you go," Cheryl said. "I knew you would figure it out some time." She wraps her arms lightly around you and you do the same. "I'm sorry we didn't get to say goodbye."
   "It's fine," you say. "I get it now."
   "Good," Jug said. "They said, you were a mess when you left."
    "I was. I was a mess for two months almost. But, I got over it. With Reggie's help," you explain. "I was sick for the majority of the time too. But, we know why now."
   "He's here," Archie said lowly and sat next to Betty in the booth. You feel your chest tense and your heartbeat starts to race. You watch both of your friends stalk into the restaurant. Their familiar flannels and all. They were laughing about something as the door swings open. You swallow and turn back in your seat. Toni gives you reassuring smile and Archie puts a hand over yours. You take in a deep breath as you feel your hands start shaking. Their voices grow closer.
   "Who's the new girl?" Fangs asks approaching the table. You bite the inside of your cheek and let out one last breath. "Oh... Y/N/N... You are here!"
   "I am," You nod and bite your lip.
    "When?" He asked sitting next to you.
    "This morning," you say. "Reggie and I left Nebraska last night."
    "Nebraska?" He asked confused.
     "Gordon doesn't trust anyone," you laugh.
     "Well, I'm happy you're back, Sis," he pulls you into a half hug. "I've missed you."
    "I've missed you too," you sigh into him. "So much." He holds you for a moment and then let's you go.
    "Why are you back? Did something happen?" He asks and you shake your head.
     "I decided to be an adult and make my own choices," You say slowly. "Can I actually talk to you for a few minutes, alone?" He gives you an odd look before nodding. He slides out of the booth and you follow. Giving Pea a small look before following Fangs to the bar. He gives you an expected look and you almost forget to start. "So, I have a bit of news of for you. You can't say anything until after I talk to Pea though. Alright?" He nods slowly. "I first wanna say that I am so happy to see you. I really missed you. And, Nebraska sucked. The next thing is really big and you gotta brace yourself."
   "You're scaring me."
    "Good. Okay," you take a small breath and let it out. "I am three months pregnant. I found out yesterday. So, I came home because I don't want to have kid somewhere I hate. With people I don't know." You watch him. His eyes widen a little then his smile. He grabs you and spins you around. You scream a little and hold yourself up.
   "This is so great! Congratulations!" He says and kisses your cheek. "I can't believe you're gonna have a baby!" You nod with a smile. "I'm gonna be the best uncle!"
   "Yeah you will. I knew you would be so excited," you laugh and tears well in your eyes again. "I have cried so fucking much, I hate it." He laughs and hugs you. "It's so annoying."
   "Stay here," he says. "I'll bring Pea over." You nod and sit down. You didn't know what was going to happen, but you weren't scared anymore.
   "Hey," He says. You nod a little. "Fangs sent me over?"
    "Yeah. We need to talk," you say. "So, I know you are probably wondering why I came back. When I got to Nebraska, I had a really bad few months. I've been sick. So, I went to the doctor yesterday. I am three months pregnant, Sweet Pea..." you watch his face contort into confusion. "Obviously, it is yours, but I think you get that." He nods. "And, I have already come to terms. You don't have to be apart of the babies life...If you don't want to. I'm not going to force you into anything."
   "Force me?" He asks.
   "Yeah. I'm not gonna ask you for anything. I don't want you to feel trapped," you sigh. "That's not healthy for you or the baby."
   "I mean," he shook his head a little. "I wouldn't... Of course, I want to be in the babies life. I want to be apart of all of it. Whatever you need." You look up at him. "I will do anything you need."
   "Are you sure?" You say and he nods. "Alright... Well, I still have to find a doctor, but I'll let you know the next doctors appointment." He nods. "Thanks, Sweet Pea." He nods again and you hug him. You didn't know, if you were gonna get back together with him or not. Or if he even wanted it. But, you were grateful he was being supportive.
   "Wait," he grabs your arm. "What was Nebraska like? With Reggie?"
    "It was something," you shrug. "We realized we didn't belong together. I stayed in the room for most of it." He gives you a look to explain more. "I was depressed for two months. Then, I was okay. I confronted Reggie about his feelings. We kinda had a weird like relationship thing. But, it was like awkward because it was only a few weeks. I was sick the whole time. Went to the doctor and found out that I somehow missed a whole trimester of my pregnancy."
   "Okay," he says. "I'm sorry, for not saying goodbye and being awful towards you."
   "It's fine," you say. "It had to be done."
   "Not my way though," he said. "Maybe, soon, we can work on our relationship."
    "Okay," you nod. "You know, I was so scared of telling you. I thought you would freak out and be angry."
    "I'm not angry," he chuckled. "A little scared. Well, really scared. But, I'm not angry." You grab his hand. "I'm a little upset you found out without me."
    "I'm scared too," you say. "I have to carry the bean and then push it out of my body. And, then I have to be a mother. In this disgusting world with people like Hiram lodge. And, without my mom. But, I'm so excited too. To go through this experience and have so much support. I already love it so much. I can't wait for the rest of it."
   "Me either," he smiled. "I won't let you down again. I want to be there for every part. Let me stay with you. We don't have stay in the same room or anything, just let me stay."
    "Okay," you nod. "I need someone else in that house anyways."
    "Thanks," he sighed. "I missed you, just so you know."
    "I missed you too," you say letting go of his hands and put one of yours on his face. "I love you, Pea. I don't know if we are gonna have the same relationship. But, I do love you." He nods. "I'm sorry, if that makes you uncomfortable."
   "It doesn't," he sighed. "You know, I love you too." He kissed your forehead. "It was just the only thing I could do for you. It was better."
    "I know."
    "Okay."
     "Let's start over," You say. "Obviously not like over, over because... But, you know what I mean... I am not crying. God, I hate these stupid emotions."
    "Everyone has them," he chuckled as he handed you a napkin.
     "I am going to go get my food. I'm starving," you sigh and he follows you over to the table. Everyone is talking to each other. Your food was waiting and you smiled widely taking a small bite. "This is so good. I missed Pop's." You practically moan.
    "Calm down," Fangs chuckled. "That got you in this mess." You hit him while everyone else laughed. This was home. No matter what was going on. You loved all of them and missed them everyday you were gone. Going home was easier with them. Fangs helped move Pea's thing into the guest room and you even offered him a room, but he declined. It's weird how things fell so easily into place when you came back.