Chapter 5: We're friends now

You woke up with light shining into your eyes. As you adjusted, you noticed that Cheryl and Toni were asleep on the floor right next to your head. Fangs was in the chair across the small room and Sweet Pea was at your feet on the end of the sofa. Confusion set over you. Then you remember what had happened. Chuck. He had tried to... You couldn't tell, but you were shaking. Which woke up the girls and Sweet Pea.
   "Y/N," Cheryl sighed in relief. "Are you okay? Can I get you anything?" You shook your head. "Please. You have to let us help you." She and Toni were both examining you. This made you feel worse remembering more of the night. You felt like you were going to hurl. Sweet Pea must've noticed because he had a bun in front of you. Cheryl pulled your hair back and rubbed your back as you threw up and tears ran down your face. Toni and Sweet Pea couldn't stand the scent so the opened a door and disappeared out of it. "Oh, Y/N/N. I am so terribly sorry that I let this happen. I promise you though. That I will not let this go and we will get revenge for you. I promise it."
   "Thank you," you groaned into the bin. "Where are we?"
     "Jughead's trailer," she said. "He and Betty are in his room." You nod taking your head out of the bin. "I'll get you some water." She stood up and went into the kitchen. You sat up right bringing your knees to your chest. Picturing the night before. Toni and Sweet Pea came back in after minute. Cheryl sat beside and handed you a glass. "It's just water and this is a Tylenol for any pain. Just one though." She held them out and you slowly took them. Sweet Pea knocked Fangs out of the chair waking him up.
    "What? Oh! What is that smell?" Fangs almost gagged. Then as he focuses on the group he realizes, "how are you feeling?" You only shrugged. 
    "What happened to Chuck? What did Jughead do?" You asked.
    "Actually... Sweet Pea took care of him," Fangs looked at his friend. "When they got up there, Chuck was a mess on the floor. Bloody face and all."
     "What?" You tried to piece the information together. Sweet Pea had been with you and Fangs the whole time hadn't he? You could barely remember.
      "It's whatever," he shrugged leaning against the wall. You stared at him and he stared back. No one seemed to notice. You felt like he was reaching into your subconscious. It was quickly interrupted by the door being opened. Betty's mother emerged.
    "Y/N," she quickly found you on the couch. "Where is Elizabeth? What is going on here?"
    "Betty!" Toni's eyes widened. "Jones!" They emerged from the hall.
     "What the hell kind of orgy is this?" Her mother crossed her arms. "And What happened at that party? I told you nothing good was going to happen. What happened to Chuck. Don't tell me you weren't involved. You are always involved somehow."
   "Mom," Betty groaned out.
   "Do not 'Mom' me, Elizabeth. That kid is in the hospital right now!" Alice yelled.
    "And he deserves to be there," Betty argued. "Mom, he tried to..." Betty looked at you trying to find the words. Alice looked between the two of you suspiciously. "Do things to Y/N... He drugged her. He deserves to be rotting in Juvie."
     "He did what? Did he try anything with you?" Alice scanned her daughter protectively as always. "Y/N, are you alright? Does your mother know?"
    "No! You cannot tell her," you pleaded. "She will flip! Please, Mrs Cooper, you know how she is."
     "Fine... But, you have to talk to someone. He is not getting away with this," Alice had liked you since you were little. You were the only one who she knew wouldn't get her daughter in trouble. You wondered if she now thought differently. "Not again. Betty. I know you will refuse to come home now. But, I expect you home before dinner. I'm through with you thinking that you can do whatever you want. No more running around. Not with people like Chuck in the loose and whoever the hell else in this god awful town." Betty nodded. "Get her a change of clothes too, she looks like a street worker."
    "I got it," Sweet Pea said tossing clothes at you. Mrs Cooper rose her eyebrow before retreating from the trailer. You took the clothes into the bathroom. Slowly you slid your top off. And flashbacks from last night danced across your brain. You fought through throwing it on the floor and putting the oversized t-shirt Pea gave you on. You washed your face off and tired to fix your hair the best you could. You looked like complete hell. You balled your shirt and jacket up and went back to the living room.
"Here," Betty handed you a glass of orange juice. "It will help your stomach." You thanked her taking it sitting back on the couch.
"Please stop staring at me," you begged everyone. "Every time I look up and see you guys watching. I get flashbacks of last night... I just want to focus on something else. Please."
"How bout a movie?" Toni asked. "Jones has a shit load." You nodded gratefully. "Alright." You all chose to watch a comedy. Needing something to lighten the mood. Cheryl and Toni sat back at your feet. Fangs got to his chair. Jughead and Betty day on the other end of the couch cuddling. Leaving Sweet Pea to sit next to you. His arm rested behind you on the back of the couch. Half way through the movie you got tired. You rested your head on your hand trying to get a little more comfortable. To no avail. Toni and Cheryl were laying on each other sleeping. Fangs had passed out during the opening credits. Jughead was fully enticed with the movie while Betty was laying on his shoulder.
"You can lay on my shoulder," Sweet Pea mumbled. "I promise I don't bite." You giggled lightly and laid your head on his shoulder slowly. His arm still was rested on the back of the couch. You slowly fell asleep curled against him.
When you wake up, Sweet Pea was asleep as well. His head thrown back and his arm was now resting on your side. Jughead was in a similar position. His feet were thrown up on the coffee table his head thrown back and mouth opened. Betty was on his side. Both her arms wrapped around Jughead's torso. Fangs, however, was in the most uncomfortable position you've ever seen. One of of his legs was hanging off the chair and the other was on the arm rest. He had an arm thrown back on the other arm rest and his head was in a weird crooked place between the chair cushion and his arm. You tried to move without waking anyone, but it didn't work. He shifted and woke up.
"Sorry," you said shifting and stretching yourself the best you could. "I didn't want to wake anyone."
"It's fine," he rubbed his face and then his hands through his hair. "What are you doing?"
"Nothing. I just got a little bored," you shrugged.
"Come on," he got up fixing himself. "Get up." You jumped and got up nodding. You followed him out the door. "Its not all bad out here... Sure there's some violence, but..." you looked up at him.
"I actually never thought as this place as bad. I really thought it more as misunderstood. But, I was scared of it because I didn't know it," You explained. "You know fear of the unknown... My parents never talked about it. And then when I started understanding news, Alice Cooper has reamed you guys. But, Jughead and Betty and Archie... They all stood up for you and made me understand more. I always knew how corrupt media was... I never really believed what I read. Then, you and your friends came and helped me. Of all people. A river vixen. A bulldog. So, I know that this place isn't all bad."
"Well..." he placed his hands in his pockets. "You're more than a bulldog. You are Cheryl's friend. She says you're the closest thing that she has to family. So we got your back. You're Betty's friend too."
"Cheryl and Betty's friend," you laughed. "I think I've gotten really close to Fangs too."
"Please... Anyone can get close to Fangs by smiling at him. He's a puppy," Sweet Pea laughed.
"Isn't that kinda bad?"
"He knows when to fight. Never underestimate those puppy dog brown eyes," Sweet Pea advised. You bit your lip nodding. "And... I think we can now call each other friends."