Chapter 24: New Year, New Jealousy, and New Apologies

"Happy first day Seniors," Mr Dean said. "I know you are expecting this year to be everything you have imagined it to be. And I am sure that most of it will be. But, that does not mean that you get to slack off. You are still students. Which means you will be learning. Becoming adults throughout the year and getting ready for life outside of high school. Now, will you please quiet down. I think our seating arrangement for now is fine. But, if any of you start to be stupid. I will put you in assigned seats faster than you can defend yourself." You chuckle. Mr Dean wasn't that strict. He was one of the better teachers actually, but he didn't take anyone's shit. "Mr Weatherbee made an announcement wanting all of the fall athletes in the gym towards the end of the class. I will dismiss you after we go over the syllabus."
   "Hey Vixen," Pea whispered. "Guess Who is working with the Blue and Gold to help out the busy photographer."
   "Really?" You smile. "That's awesome. Extracurriculars will look great on your college applications too." He rolled his eyes a little. "H
You are applying. You are too smart to throw it all away." Mr Dean clears his throat looking at the two of you. You sit up and listen to the rest of the long syllabus. Then, you are released to the gym. You throw your things into your locker before heading to the locker room.
   "Hey," Cheryl smiled. "You need to hurry and change. We are going to slay this years photo."
   "Alright," You laugh. "Veronica and Betty! You're back on the team?"
   "Technically... Never left," they shrug.
   "Which means the two of you will work extra hard this year," Cheryl said as she applied her lipstick. "I will not let my last year as captain be full of lazy, half committed girls. So you are either in or out now. No jumping in middle of the year to use us as bait."
   "We won't," Veronica said. "Not this year."
   "Good," she smiled widely. "Then lets go woo the football jerks." You laugh as you fix your hair in the mirror. "Also, I want to let you all know... For the games this year. We are going to have teams... You will choose your own partner. The following will be playing. Myself of course, with my beloved by my side. Veronica. Y/N. Betty. And... Josie."
   "Really?" Josie asked.
   "Of course," Cheryl sighed. "The girls last year were a disappointment." She eyes Brittany. "And, How could I not choose the girl of the star football player." You roll your eyes a little. The two were completely showing off each other at all times of the day and night. It was kinda gross.
   "Well thank you," Josie smiled. "I'm sure Reg will be more than excited." 
    "And leave another one of them?" Veronica laughed pointing to her neck.
    "We should go," you say. "Reggie has always been a mark kinda guy."
    "I thought Sweet Pea was too. When did that end?" Josie asked.
    "It didn't," you scrunch your face up. "Why would you think that it ended?"
   "I mean... You guys," she trailed off. "If you say it's still on, who am I to judge?" You watch her walk off still confused. It didn't end. Did it? She obviously didn't know what she was talking about.
   "Cheerleaders... Over here," Pea said called. You smile at his goofy face behind the camera. Jughead was capturing the football teams pictures. "Alright..."
   "Hey Pea," You smile and kiss him.
   "Hey?" He chuckled lowly. "What are you doing?"
   "Just showing appreciation to my boyfriend," you shrug. "Not allowed to do that?"
    "You are... But," he looked around at the surrounding people.
    "I love you," You laugh. "I want people to know that."
    "Go get in your group," he shook his head. "This is weird." You stood next to Cheryl and adjusted your uniform. "Alright and you know what to do... 3...2...1." The flash blinds you for a moment. You blink away the colored dots in your eyes. "Great ladies." You dispersed. Josie going to the football players jumping into Reggie. "So, what was the whole thing about?"
    "Nothing," You shake your head. "Josie thinks that we changed and that we are boring or whatever."
    "What?" Why?" He asked.
    "Because, you don't leave marks on me, like he does her," you sigh. "It's stupid. So, what are we doing for free period?"
    "We can go to the yard," he shrugged. "Not be boring." He winked at you and you roll your eyes. "Or... We can go to the old closet." You laugh remembering when the two of you snuck around.
    "I think those days are behind us," you say. "But, we can go to the yard. To sit at one of the tables." You run your hand down his face. "You know... I have something for you in my locker."
"Hm?"
"Just to make up for the ring," you shrug. "Nothing too much, but equally great." You has bought him a new switchblade. Something he's needed for a while, since the other one was lost with Destiny. "You've needed it for a while."
"Well, you didn't need to," he said. "But lets go see what it is."
"Come on, then," you grab his hand.
"You don't wanna change?" He laughed eyeing your uniform.
"No," you smirk. "Unless you want me too... You gotta keep up your south side rep."
"I definitely don't need to do that," he said. "And, I don't want you taking that off." You blush slightly and bring him to your locker. You let go of his hand to open your locker and search for the box. "What did you get me?"
"Open it," You smile, handing him a velvet gift box. He eyed you suspiciously before slowly opening it. "I thought you needed a new one... I got your initials engraved here at the bottom." You point at the S.P. He nods, staying completely silent. "Do you not like it? I can take it back and get you a different one."
"No," he said, still quiet. "It's good. I mean great... You didn't have to get this." He lifts it out of the box to investigate it. "How much did you spend on this?"
"It doesn't matter," you say. "But, do you really like it?"
"Yeah," he looks down at you now. "I do. Thanks Princess." He hasn't called you that in a while, you smile in response. He slips the blade into his pocket and placed a hand under your chin. Placing a soft kiss on your lips. You melt into him, wrapping your hands around his waist. "I really want that outfit on the floor." You laugh leaning into him. "Let's go to the old locker room." You look up at him, surprised. "We haven't been there in a while. Let's show Josie we aren't boring." His competitive side showing now. Usually, it would be insulting. Only wanting to go so he can one up Reggie and Josie. But, you were just as competitive. It was kinda hot.
   "Alright," you shake your head. "It really has been a while..." He pulls you through the hall passing a few straggling kids along the way. You find the door laughing a little as you start thinking of when you two were sneaking around. He pushes you against the wall as the door swings shut.
His lips connected with your neck. His hands were roaming between your top and skirt. You flip your hair to one side as his teeth graze your skin. You bite your lip closing your eyes. His body towers over yours like you were his prey. His hands kept you locked in place. His dark hair hung over his face, tickling your chin. His lips met yours now. Your arms around his neck and his hands lifting your thighs. He slowly runs his left hand up your thigh, to your hip. You could feel his heart begin to race. Yours was doing the same. He groans as you tug on his hair.
"Hey!" You hear from outside the door. The voice belonged to what sounded like Fangs. "Guys. We have an issue." He stops staring. "Oh. Really in school?" Sweet Pea slowly dropped you.
"What do you want?" He fixed his shirt as you pulled your skirt down.
"Well, I heard that we have a few more southsiders coming in... Apparently they went West but apparently they couldn't make it there," Fangs explained. "Jughead wants us to find them, before some of the Ghoulies do."
"This couldn't wait until lunch?" Sweet Pea sounded annoyed.
"They start today," Fangs shrugged. "Besides. You didn't really start anything. Y/N, I thought you of all people would be against school sex."
"She is," Pea said. "But, in desperate times..." You laugh a little but a blush still sat on your face.
"Desperate time," Fangs snorts. "Let's go... We are the welcome committee. And, you sis need to change. Before people get the wrong idea." He winks at you and dodged Pea's fist.
"Fine," Sweet Pea reluctantly sighed before turning to you. "I'll see you later." He leans down and places a kiss on your forehead.
"Bye," you say looking between the two. After they leave you rub your face and pull your hair from the already falling ponytail. Luckily, you brought your bag to your locker. Which was only right down the hall. You push yourself out the door and to your locker. Trying not to make eye contact with any of the passing by students. You quickly grab your bag and head to the girls bathroom. Almost running into another girl.
"Watch it northsider," she hisses at you.
"Sorry," you roll your eyes as you go into a stall. Pulling your top off and replacing it with your t-shirt. Then pulling your jeans on. You throw the uniform into the bag followed by your shoes and bow.
"I can't believe I have to go to this dumb school," the girl said, she was on her phone. "At least maybe now, I can get with the Serpents. Those Ghoulies are all ugly and gross." She laughs in response of the other person. You fix your hair in the mirror trying not to pay attention. "Yeah... It's full of bubblegum bitches and rainbows. I honestly don't see how any of these girls get laid." You felt her eyes roam you as you continued to fix yourself. You eye the large hickey on your neck. "I gotta go. I have to meet this stupid welcome committee... I guess the principal set it up. Some Serpents are going to be showing us around. Probably the two girls who think they belong, but clearly don't." You bite the inside of your lip, trying not to get angry. She leaves after eyeing you again.
"This is going to be fun," you sigh looking at yourself in the mirror again. There was no concealing the large purple mark. You were either going to have to get a bandaid from the nurse or a scarf from someone. Hopefully Toni or Cheryl have one. Their class is closer than Betty or Veronica's. You send them all a text. Hoping for the best. But, to no avail. No one had anything. You groan before going to the nurse.
"Hello... What can I do for you?" She smiled falsely before eyeing your neck. "I see. Well sit down." She went to her cabinet and pulled a box out. "Put this on it." She handed you a large bandaid. "And I suggest wear a scarf. It looks like you're being abused." You laugh a little before putting on the horribly large band aid. You felt utterly stupid walking out, trying your best to let your hair cover most of it.
At lunch, you sat next to Toni who laughed at you. You glare and she moves your hair to examine. Cheryl say down and quickly began doing the same. The was the talk for a good ten minutes. You notice Pea and Fangs hadn't came yet. Which was weird.
"Where are the two lovebirds?" Cheryl asked sipping her cola. "Usually the first ones here."
"They are showing a few of the new kids around," Jughead explained. "The ones who are thinking about joining the Serpents. I told them to show them the ropes."
"New Serpents?" You ask.
"Yeah... Their names are Fallon and Max," Jughead says as he tried to figure out what he wanted to eat first. "I think they have cousins or something with the Serpents."
"Of," you said taking a bite of your apple.
"What's with the big band aid?" Jug asked pointing towards your neck.
"She was bit by a snake," Toni smirked, clearly thinking she was funny. Cheryl rolled her eyes and smiled at the small girl.
"Topaz the comedian," you sarcastically say. "It will be gone tomorrow. Believe me."
"I hope so. You aren't going to a game with that thing on your neck. Gone by Friday or you're not in," Cheryl instructed. "You better find a witch doctor."
"I will be sure to call your mother," you say and she hits you.
"Tell the jolly green pea that he better start putting those where no one will see them. We are withholding a reputation," Cheryl said pointing her fork at you. "I was serious earlier."
You nod looking around the yard, hoping to see the giant and his friend before lunch ended. You didn't though. Senior year was starting off slow. Which didn't really make you want to keep going. Then, you spot Sweet Pea with the girl from the bathroom. She was laughing at something he said. Her hand on his arm. You hated her, already. He was laughing too. He points at the table and leads her towards it.
"Hey guys," he said. "This is Fallon." He introduced. You all give a small wave as he introduced you individually. "That's Y/N."
"You're the cheerleader from the bathroom," She said raising an eyebrow. "How do you know these guys?"
"She's our friend," Toni said. And, Fallon rolled her eyes sitting across from you. Pulling Sweet Pea with her. After getting ignored, you decide you're going to head to class early. You tell T and she follows after you. "Hey... Slow down. What's wrong?"
"Nothing," you shrug. "Did I hear that Sweet Pea invited her to the Wrym on Friday?"
"Yeah," she nods. "Why?"
"Nothing," You shake your head again. "Are Jug and Fangs coming to the game?"
"Of course," Toni said sitting next to you in the empty desk. "Fangs loves Football and Jughead is doing the pictures." You nod. "Seriously, hon, what's wrong?"
"Nothing. Fangs interrupted something earlier and I am annoyed," You laugh. She nods knowingly. For the rest of the week, it seemed like Sweet Pea was ignoring you. He and Fallon were always together and she was constantly flirting. You couldn't even sit at the lunch table anymore. Toni has caught on quickly, and she and Cheryl would sit with you inside. Then, Fangs would join you mid-lunch. When Friday came around, you barely spoke more than ten words to Sweet Pea. Which pissed you off.
"Guy," you say in the locker room. "What am I going to do?"
"About?" Veronica asked as she took out her earrings.
"Pea and Falcon bitch," you say turning to look at them. "He has been ignoring me all week. She is all over him, every second of the day. We haven't even talked since Monday."
"Omg," Veronica came over to you. "Well, you have to get back at him."
"How?" You sigh.
"You go to the Wyrm tonight," Toni said. "With Fangs, Jug, Betty, and I."
"Look super hot," Cheryl instructed. "Not that you don't already."
"I have the perfect outfit," Toni smiled. "Trust me." You didn't. But, you went with it. Going out to cheer. Doing your best to put a smile on your face. Forgetting everything else going on.
"Hey sis," Fangs smiled at you. "You were great... Toni said you're coming to the Wrym tonight."
"Yeah... I've never actually been there," you realize. "You know... Other than getting kidnapped by Destiny."
"Oh you haven't!" Toni smiled. "We are going to have to give you the welcome." Fangs chuckled before following to Cheryl's car. "So, what are you doing to when you get there?"
"I don't know... I was hoping you would tell me," you sigh. "Seriously."
"Well..." She smiled. "You could make him jealous." You give her a confused look. "Hear me out. Like, look hot. Hang out with Fangs and us. Ignore him back."
"He is naturally jealous," Fangs said. "So... It could work. You know... Get you liquored up. You get damn handsy." He smirked.
"Or," Cheryl said. "You just touch him. The idiot will get the wrong idea anyways. And, I bet he's already drunk. So, he doesn't really have anything to stop him."
"I don't want hit," Fangs said. "So, you better have Jughead and Toni there, to get him. I swear if I get fucked because of this."
"You are not getting fucked," Toni said. "Promise." You laugh a little and you watch Thistle house come into view. "Okay... So, here is a shirt..." They dresses you in clothes that you would never think of wearing. All Toni and Cheryl though. A cropped tank top that was really just a lace bralette. Black shorts with fishnets and boots. They gave you a velvet choker as well.
"Damn," Fangs said. "You look hot, sis."
"Seriously," Toni smiled proudly. "That red looks amazing on you."
"Red looks good on the best," Cheryl said. "I can't wait to see him... He's going to drool all over you." You blush now. You felt ridiculous, but didn't look bad. "Lets go raise some hell."
  The Whyte Wyrm was something you didn't really want to go into. Just the outside looked scary. And, it doesn't help that the last time you were here, someone was going to kill you. Not that it wasn't going to happen today either. You stopped for a moment. Staring at the bar. You knew Toni and the others loved it here, but that didn't ease your conscious much. Fangs stopped with you, telling the other girls to just go in.
   "What's up?" He asked, looking at your expression. "You don't have to do this. I can take you home and we can watch movies or something. You know Pea loves you."
   "Yeah," you say and kick a rock. "Why hasn't he told Fallon about me then? That I am his girlfriend?"
   "Who knows... You know he's not all that bright," Fangs chuckled. "Honestly, he probably didn't even notice."
   "That makes it better," You laugh and look up at the sky. Clouds were rolling in. Rain was bound to happen some time soon, you could smell it.
   "It doesn'... But, I know Pea. I know he loves you, and he doesn't want to lose you," Fangs said. "I also know that you don't have a good first impression here. So, if you want to go. I will take you. You shouldn't be anywhere that makes you uncomfortable."
   "I should try... Right?" You sigh looking back at the bar. "It's not like... It's not like she's going to come back and try to kill me here." He nods in agreement. "And, you all put time into this. I don't want to disappoint you... Alright... I think I'm ready."
   "You have low standards for us," Fangs laughed. "We wouldn't be disappointed that you didn't come into the Wyrm. It's falling apart anyways."
    "Whatever. Come on before I change my mind," you say grabbing his arm. He leads you in. It wasn't as empty as it was the last time. There was some shouting and the sound of pool being played. You see Toni and the others at the bar. Fangs already leading you there.
   "Well," Toni said. "Welcome to the Whyte Wyrm. It's not all that great, but it sure does the job. Here." She handed you a drink. "This is the big welcome." You eye here before slowly taking back the shot, gagging. "Congrats!"
   "Didn't think you could do that," Fangs chuckled. "Not many northsiders can." You give him the finger. "You aren't like the others. And all of that. I know... Pea is over there. His usual table." You follow his gaze and see Pea and Fallon. He was definitely drunk. You could tell by the way he was using the stick to hold himself up. Fallon has her hand on his chest leaned against the side of the table, making your blood boil. "Calm down. Remember to ignore him."
   "Seriously," Cheryl said. "He will see you soon enough... Have another drink." You do as told and turn to the bar. They already had a drink sat in front of you. "Relax." You nod again sipping the drink.
   Soon you were having a good time. All of you laughing together. Betty and Jughead had left early to get some work done for the Blue and Gold. So, you, Toni, Cheryl, and Fangs hung out at the bar. Fangs told awful jokes, but they still made you laugh.
   "Okay. Okay. I heard this at school.... What is the difference between a piano, a tuna, and glue?" Fangs asked looking at you. You shake your head not knowing. "You can tuna piano, but you can't piano a tuna!"
   "Oh my god," Toni shakes her head as you are thrown into another fit of laughter.
   "Wait!" You say still laughing. "What about the glue?"
   "I thought you would get stuck there," he said.
    "Oh!" You laugh harder leaning into him. "Okay... This is kinda dorky... But, you know who Voldemort should get advice from?"
   "Who?" They ask.
   "Pinocchio!" You giggle. "So he knows how to grow a nose!" They all laugh. "It's dorky, but funny."
    "Alright... What is Forrest Gump's password?" Fangs chuckled. You took another drink and shook your head. "One-Forrest-one!" You choke and spit out the drink.
   "You guys are something," Toni shook her head. "Meant to be, really... By the by, Pea has been watching you for ten minutes now." You look over at him, as he looks back at the pool table. "I told you this would work."
   "You sure did," You laugh. "But, I wasn't supposed to drink this much... I feel a little... Spinny."
    "Do you mean dizzy?" Fangs asked and you point at him. "Don't drink anymore... Seriously. You are just to the point."
   "I am not," you say poking his shoulder. "Why would you say that?"
    "You look real hot right now," Fangs said. "Maybe you and I can go to the back?"
   "No!" You gasp, but touch his face. "I can't..."
   "That's why," Fangs said. "You are all over me. With your hands." You nod taking your hands away. "Get a water over here?" The bartender hands you a water. After a few minutes of you gulping a whole water bottle down, Fangs turns to you. "How do you feel?"
   "I would be better if she wasn't there," you mumble eyeing Fallon again. "Why hasn't he come over yet?"
   "He's contemplating," T said. "He is confused from the alcohol."
    "I'm hot," you mumble taking off the flannel you were wearing, catching the eyes of many men in the bar. "Guys..."
    "You're fine," Cheryl laughed. "They are just old and dusty."
    "Don't take anymore off," Fangs said. "I know you. Do not do it." You nod again. "You alright? Come outside. Fresh air." He takes your hand and leads you out of the bar. The rain had started, leaving everything wet. "Erm... Sit over here." He leads you to a small fry spot and sits with you on the ground.
   "I'm tired," You laugh a little. "Maybe it is time to go home."
    "If you want," Fangs said leaning his head against the wood of the bar. You lean your head on his shoulder. "If it helps, I don't like her that much either... She's a total bitch to everyone."
   "Thanks," You laugh again. "You know, Fangs, you deserve the whole world. You are too nice... I hope you find the perfect person and have a family with them. I want to be an Aunt at least. I know T gets god mother..."
    "Bold of you to assume that I want a family," he said. "Sometimes I think about it... Only, if I know it's going to be okay though. I don't want them to have my life."
   "I understand," you sigh.
   "What the fuck is going on here?" You jump up, a little unsteadily. Sweet Pea was standing in front of the two of you. Fangs slightly behind. "I'm going to kill you! Thought we were brothers?"
    "We are, man! Seriously, I'm just sitting with her," Fangs held up his hands. "I'm just being a friend." Toni and Cheryl burst through the door. Fallon right behind. "Pea calm down. I wasn't doing anything."
   "Sure looked like nothing," he laughed. You still stand between the two friends. He had a weird look that crossed between hurt and confused. You could smell the alcohol on his breath.
   "What is going on?" Fallon asked, sounding bored.
   "Pea," you say slowly. "Nothing happened. We were just sitting out here. Hanging out. Toni invited me, after the game." Rain was collecting in his hair and on his vest. You could feel it start to soak your own hair and clothes. "I didn't think you would notice though. You were kinda busy with that slut." He gave you an incredulous look. "You haven't even spoke to me in a week, Pea."
    "Why would be?" Fallon laughed.
    "Shut up," Toni threatened.
   "What are you talking about?" Sweet Pea asked pointing at you. "You are the one all over him!"
    "No. I wasn't. I was just trying to get your attention! Why would I all of a sudden be interested in Fangs? You know we are just friends! And, you know I love you," you say, well more like scream. "But, I understand... If you want someone like her. Someone who is more like you. I just want you to say that..." You felt your body heat up, knowing you were going to cry. "Please. Say it."
    "Seriously," he shook his head. "That's not what is going on. I was just showing her around, like Jughead wanted. I love you, Y/N. I don't want someone more like me. I want you, Princess. Please..." You felt tears roll down your face with the rain. His hand went to your face. You closed your eyes, shaking. "I'm sorry..." He pulled you into his wet chest, as you continued shaking and trying not to cry anymore. "I'm sorry, Princess."
   "Seriously? You chose a northsider over your own people?" Fallon laughed. "God, you really are stupid." She stormed back into the bar leaving the door swinging.
   "I really hate her," Cheryl said. You laugh a little. "Y/N/N, you should go inside. You are barely wearing clothes."
   "She's right," Pea said. "Come on..." You nod following them, but stop looking up at Sweet Pea. "What?"
    "You need to apologize to someone else," you say sternly.
    "Who?" He asked.
    "Fangs!" You point to his best friend. "He always has your back. How could you think he could do that to you?"
    "I didn't... I wasn't thinking. I was just doing," Sweet Pea apologized. "I am sorry for almost punching you in the face, Fangs."
   "Decent," Fangs chuckled. "And, I know. Would've done the same."