Chapter 15: La Bonne Nuit

Veronica has helped you choose jewelry for your outfit throwing in a little snake ring. She thought that it would be cute. You agreed. Cheryl did your makeup while Toni was at your hair. You felt slightly overwhelmed with all of it, but it also felt nice to have the attention all on you. Veronica was doing her own makeup with Betty as you finished.
    "Betty! The boys are here," Mrs Cooper yelled up the stairs. There was a hint of exasperation behind her voice.
     "We will be down in a minute," you called to her as you zipped your shoe. "You look great..." They all did. Like super models on the front page of a magazine.
    "Thanks," Cheryl fixed her lips. "T and I will be coming a little late. We have a few things to do before we come. We wish you luck." As she and Toni made there way downstairs you had caught a glimpse of all of the boys downstairs. Each of them presenting their own style, but looking great together.
    "I'm almost finished," Veronica said reaching into her bag as she placed a clip in her hair to hold it back. "Ready." She was first to make her way downstairs then Betty. You stopped to look at yourself, straightening your dress and fixing your hair. Then you followed the girls.
   "Wow Ronnie you look amazing," Archie's mouth was partially open and you could see the love that he had for her in his eyes.
    "Hey Juggie," Betty tried to play it off as normal.
    "You look nice," he smiled at her as she fixed his hat. Sweet Pea's eyes roamed your frame. You couldn't tell what he was thinking, but you knew he wouldn't say anything in front of anyone. He didn't like to follow the status quo. "You all do." You and Veronica thanked the serpent king. You locked hands with Pea as you all left to the secret mock-tail bar under the town's favorite diner.
   "You look..." Pea trailed off as he looked at you again outside of Pops. "Really." You laugh at his loss of words, knowing that you really didn't look that good. But, you like the effort.
    "You too," you grab his hand and he ran his thumb over your fingers. His thumb stops at the ring and he looks at it. "Veronica thought it be cute." He smiled as he kissed your hand and took you inside. Getting inside was a amazing, no one could get in without having a password, then Reggie would open the door to let you in. The inside was a gorgeous 1920's chic bar with a stage. Reggie handled the bar as well.
    "This is incredible, V," Betty looked around. "How did you ever find the time?"
     "I work 24/7," Veronica smiled. "You guys get a drink. I need to greet my guests, Archiekins?"
    "I hate that nickname," you whisper to Pea as you go the bar. "Hey Reg."
     "Hey babe," Reggie smiled you. "You look great. You looking for a drink?"
     "Obviously," You laugh leaning against the classic wood.
      "I already know," he smiled and started mixing together strawberries and creams. And handed you your cup. "Here."
     "Strawberries and chocolate?" You hum in delight.
     "How about you?" Reggie looked at Pea.
     "Just something plain," he shrugged.
      "Alright. Serpentini?" Reggie wiggled his eyebrows. Pea gave him a look. "Coming up."
     "Be nice," you looked up at him.
     "I am. This is my nice face," he said making you roll your eyes again. "It is!"
      "Okay..." you shrug. "Try this."
      "Its pink."
       "I know."
        "That's girly."
        "Shut up and drink the damn thing!"
        "Fine." He took the drink and you watched waiting for a reaction. "It's strawberries."
        "Here," Reggie handed Pea his drink. It was green. "Enjoy Serpent boy."
        "Reg." You hit him. "Knock it off."
       "So... What all do I have to do tonight?" Pea pulled you into him. "To get back on your good side?"
      "Well," you smile. "You can pretend like you're having a good time... And we can dance and you I can keep telling you how good you look."
      "Yeah? Is that all?" He places his cup on a nearby table and placed his hands on your waist.
     "We'll see," you tease. "Josie is singing tonight. I think it's about to start." Then, as lights slightly dimmed more and Josie was introduced Pea wrapped his arms around your waist from behind you. You lean into him and hold his hands on your waist. As Josie sings, he kisses your neck and you bring your hands to your chest. You kiss his hand. You sway to the music closing your eyes smiling as his scent overthrows your senses.
    "You look so great tonight, Princess," he whispered in you ear. "I especially love the snake print and the ring."
    "Thought you would," you sigh happily.
     "You know where that dress would be great for?" He asked and you turn confused. "My bedroom floor." You can't help laugh at his dad like jokes. "I love you."
   "I love you too, Sweety Pie," you giggle at the nickname you gave him. He hated it. You run your hand up to his neck and hair.
    "Babe?" You hum. "Really, I do love you. And you do look fucking great in that dress. I want you to know that because of Destiny and whatever else."
     "It's okay... I wasn't even mad at you. More at myself for not standing up for you know... myself." You look at him. "Then, you stayed with her instead of coming to me and things just felt off about it. Toni said stuff about you two and it just felt wrong."
    "I'm confused," he said.
     "Me too. Believe me." He held your face in his hand looking at you. "What?"
     "Nothing. Just taking you in. You know, your 'punishment' sucks," he laughed.
     "It's not a punishment. It's you spending time with your girlfriend. Who may or may not be mad about recent events," you explain. "Right?" He went to open his mouth. "Ah. Just say 'yes. Of course' that is all."
     "Yes. Of course." He mocked your tone. "Sorry. You're just a little kitten when you're mad."
    "You know what? I'm not putting out tonight," you raise your right eyebrow as you play his game. "Wanna keep going?"
     "Really?" He asked, partially amused. He pushed you against the table. "You sure?" You keep your ground.
"Positive," you mumble. "If you keep it up... I'm not putting out for a week." He smirked but held his hands up in surrender. "Good. Dance with me?" He gave you an odd expression as seeing that no one else was dancing. "Please." You wrap your arms around his neck making him sigh giving in. He wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you closer. You lean your head into his looking up at him as you both sway to the music. He kisses your nose softly making you close your eyes and blush. For moment, you lost all control. The two of you swaying along to the music. Forgetting anyone else was there.
"You two are too cute," Toni interrupts. "Honestly. Sweet Pea I didn't think you could be adorable." You laugh looking at the two girls.
"Ha ha. Your so funny," Pea looked at the pink haired girl. "I didn't know that gremlins could come to things like these."
"So, what have the two of you been up to?" You ask changing the conversation before they started a war. "What took you so long?"
"We has some business to attend. Nothing you should worry about... Sweet Pea, I'm surprised V doesn't have you working with your buddy," Cheryl eyes Fang amongst the crowd serving drinks.
"Can't leave Y/N without a date," Pea said. "What kind of guy would I be?"
"Yourself?" Toni and Cheryl laugh.
"Last time you dated someone, you ditched her for Fangs all of spring homecoming," Toni reminded him. "Back in Southside. Cameron?"
"I remember," Pea rolled his eyes. "Maybe, I've changed."
"Thats fine. I'm happy you aren't an ass anymore," Toni held her hands up. "Just saying I'm surprised, is all."
"Anything good for an after party?" Cheryl asked eyeing the crowd. "I'm in a little mood."
"When aren't you?" You smile. "I wasn't planning on a after party... I think I heard some bulldogs talking about one at Reggie's or something."
"Perfect. You guys must come with. It will be fun," Cheryl begged.
"I was just gonna go home," You laugh. "But, if you really want, I will go." You look up at Pea.
"If you're going, I'm going. Especially, since you look like that," Pea said. "People get handsy when they drink." You laugh. "I'm talking about you. You get incredibly handsy. Remember that party?"
   "Oh my god! I do," Toni laughed. "We definitely should've taped that." You shake your head. "God... Remember when she thought Fangs was you."
    "Shush!" You hiss. "You're not helping the case any."
     "I think you did that yourself," Cheryl laughed. "But, do come. Just don't drink a lot."
     "Okay! Pea... You just gotta limit my drinking," you look up at him with pleading eyes. "It will be fun."
     "Fine. But, as soon as you get out of hand. We leave," Pea had a look of assertion as he stared you directly in the eyes. You nod obediently and hug him. After Veronica ended the night, the four of you met at Reggie's house. He seemed to have the party started already as kids were walking in and out of the front door. Music could be heard from the road as you walked to the door. He greeted each of you with a smile, though you were sure it was an illusion of alcohol.
   "Here!" Toni handed each of us a drink that smelt stronger than anything you've ever had. And it burnt as you swallowed. You let out a small incoherent 'god' and groaned. That's how the party really began. Toni kept giving drinks, you eventually lost track. Soon I like it came on and you couldn't help it.
   "They call me Cardi Bardi, banging body
Spicy mami, hot tamale
Hotter than a Somali, fur coat, Ferrari
Hop out the stu', jump in the coupe (the coupe)
Big Dipper on top of the roof
Flexing on bitches as hard as I can
Eating halal, driving the Lam'
Told that bitch I'm sorry though" you sang loudly pulling the two girls with you. Each of you dancing and sing as loud as you could. Pea watched from a nearby wall with Fangs on his side. The three of you jump up and down with the music. Your hair flung across your face then back.
   "Pea!" You grab both of his hands. "Dance with me." He shook his head. "Please?"
    "Absolutely not," he said, though he had a smirk on his face. "Go dance with Cheryl and Tiny." He looked up to see them dancing rather closely together. "Okay..." You give him puppy dog eyes. "I'm not going out there. I don't dance."
    "Ugh," you frown slightly then eye Fangs.
    "No, sorry sis. I'm scouting for someone to take home. I see a chic over there who's been making eyes with me," Fangs explained. You sigh and search the crowd for someone who you know will not say no. "Go dance with Mantle. You know he will." You beam at your serpent friend.
    "Reggie," you bounce over to him. "Dance with me! It's our song!"
     "This is our song from fifth grade," he laughed. You pouted. "Fine." He let you drag him to the group of people. Low played now as the two of you danced. (Much like the club scene from like season 1) You two bounced together. And dropped together. Almost perfect unison, though you were both drunk.
    "Wasn't long till I called you mine... Yeah yeah since you been gone," you held his hands screaming the next song excitedly. He spun you around and the two of you collided with a nearby group laughing. Toni and Cheryl danced their way over and you all danced together. Reggie was in front of you practically grinding his ass and Toni grabbed your hand spinning you. After the song finished, Reggie brand you all drinks. "Thanks." You smile taking it and taking a long drink. You look around for Sweet Pea and Fangs unable to find them. Probably because you were too short now that you had lost your shoes. Cheryl and Toni were now making out against the wall, making you slightly uncomfortable. You were too drunk now, to really care. Reggie was pulled away by one of his football friends.
    You pushed through the crowd looking for your overly tall boyfriend and his moderate friend. You look around and spot Chuck leaning against the wall with some girl. Your heart sank slightly and you suddenly had the urge to puke. Flashbacks from Veronica's party played in your brain. The nightmares you had for weeks after. You closed your eyes trying to balance yourself and calm down. You pushed to the door needing the cool night air.
    "Y/N?" Pea was out there laughing with Fangs and other serpents you didn't know the names of. "Hey what's wrong?" You shook your head to say nothing. "Don't lie to me."
    "Just need to breathe for a sec," you smile slightly. "What are you doing?" Your words slurred together.
    "Talking... How much have you had to drink?" He eyed your drink. You shrug, now trying to count back. You get to three and get lost. "I think it's time to cut you off." You nod before drinking more of your cup. "Y/N!" You jump. "What are you doing? No more." You were a little confused looking at your cup then laugh.
    "Oh... I forgot there was alcohol in this," You laugh holding the cup up. "I think I need more..." He places the cup on the ground. "I love you. So much!" You drag out the 'o'. "I love you, Fangs!"
    "You too, Y/N/N," he laughs from across the yard.
    "Pea," you put a hand on his face. "Do you miss having multiple girls? I won't be mad. Probably sad, but not mad."
    "No," he said. "I don't miss being with more than one girl at a time. Why?"
     "I don't know," you shrug laughing. "Where's my drink?" You look at your empty hand. "Did you see where I put it?"
     "Nope," he laughed a little. "Are you ready to go home?" You shake your head. "No? Really? I think it's time to call it a night." You shake your head again before running off. You run into the house and up the stairs. There was only two places upstairs that you knew for sure. Reggie's room and the bathroom. You knock on the door and heard no one. You try to open it, but it was locked. All of the rooms were, but the bathroom. You sat on the floor and let your legs stretch in front of you. The room was spinning so you closed your eyes. Luckily for Sweet Pea, your house was only three doors down. He carried you home and laid you in bed. He even helped you change.
   "Night, Princess," he kissed your forehead and fixed your blanket.
    "Pea," you mumbled grabbing his hand. "Stay here. Please. I'm scared."
     "Scared of what?" He crouched down in front of you and moved your hair from your face. "Babe?"
     "Chuck," you sigh out. You say something that he can only make out 'he' and 'party'. He lays next to you and plays with your hair until you fall asleep.