Chapter 11: Love

You get up the next morning. Sweet Pea wasn't there, but he left his jacket for you. You grabbed your phone.
Keep the jacket. You need it more than me.
You smile holding it close to you and closing your eyes again taking in the smell. You didn't want to get out of bed today. You were comfortable.
"Hey! Y/N!" Cheryl came bounding into the room. "Where did you get that jacket?"
"I borrowed it from Pea," you said tossing it back. "What's up?"
"God you two are so weird. You know he had a hairbrush in his stuff? He must've hooked up with some bar whore," Cheryl rolled her eyes. "He's been hooking up with a lot of people lately. And, it's getting disgusting..." You nod along with her. "We need to find someone for you... Definitely not someone like that degenerate Chuck. You know maybe someone like Reggie? You guys were always happy together. What happened to you guys again?"
"We didn't want the same things," you shrug.
"You know. I think you should try again," Cheryl said. "You were so happy with him. And you had that tension at the game. What would be wrong with that?" You gave her a look. "Y/N/N... You haven't been out with anyone in so long. I think it would be good for you."
"Yeah... I don't think so. But, thanks for advise," you laugh changing into your school outfit. "Why did this come up?"
"I'm just worried about you," she pulled the jacket into her lap. "You spend so much time with all of us."
"I like spending my time with all of you guys," you grab the jacket from her feeling the leather between your fingers. "I love you guys."
"Well you need to find a guy you can love on your own time," she rolled her eyes. "Let's go before we're late." You guys pulled into the schools parking lot to see the gang all gathered in their usual bunch. "Guys, don't you think it's time for Y/N to find a boyfriend? I told her to go out with Reggie again."
"Reggie?" Pea asked. "You're gonna go out with Reggie again?"
"What?" Fangs asked. "You went out with Mantle?"
"Yes. And, I'm not going out with him again," you said pulling on your bag anxiously. "That was too much."
"You were so happy together though," Betty said. "What happened between the two of you anyways? One day you were so in love and the next you acted as if you never even dated."
"Guys... I honestly don't feel like talking about this right now," You sighed. "I'm gonna get to class."
"With Reggie?" Pea scoffed.
"Actually yes," you said walking past them. "I'll see you at lunch." You throw your stuff in your locker. Reggie was leaned against his own looking at you. "What?"
"Heard you all talking about me," he smirked. "Talkin about how hot I am?"
"Don't flatter yourself," you laugh holding your things. "And we were just talking about..." you trailed off.
"Right," he nodded. "What were you saying?"
"Cheryl and Betty asked what had happened between us," you shrug. "Nothing all that important."
"Oh." He walked with you. "What did happen between us?" You gave him a look. "Seriously... You..."
"Reg... You and I. We didn't work," you reminded him. "Where is all of this coming from, today?"
"I'm just trying to understand," he said. "I miss you."
"No you don't." You put your stuff on your desk. "You just miss the idea of us, Reg, I know this because I went through the same thing. You just miss the fun we had... We did not work. You know that. Please. Just don't.." He turned in his seat and didn't say anything for the rest of class.
As you got to the lunch table and sat down next to Fangs, the table was still talking about you and Reggie. You rolled your eyes.
"How was Reggie?" Pea asked without looking at you. "Get back together with him yet?"
"No," you snapped. "I did not. But, if you all want me to so badly, maybe I will." You eyed him.
"Then do it," he pressed. You rose an eyebrow. "Seriously. Go do it."
"Fine," you said standing up. "I'll go find him now." You threw your bag over your one shoulder and walked away.
"What's wrong with her?" Toni asked as you walked by. "And where are you going?"
You pushed the door of the school open and stalked down the hall. You ignored everyone as you walked by. You searched for Reggie.
"Y/N," Sweet Pea grabbed your arm.
————————————————————————
"Hey. Pea left his phone," Toni said looking at Fangs as she grabbed it. "Hey, Princess, is the last person he texted... Keep the jacket? Who's 'Princess?" She scrolled through the messages. Fangs grabbed the phone from her hands. But it was too late. "Y/N and Sweet Pea?"
"Shh." Fangs hisses. "They don't want anyone to know. You can't tell anyone, Toni. Seriously. They are so really weird about it." She gaped at Toni. "Please."
"Fine..." Toni closed the messages and slid the phone in her pocket.
————————————————————————
"What? Sweet Pea? I'm just doing what you wanted! Right?" You pull your arm away. He gives you a look. "What are you doing?" He pulled you into a empty classroom and shut the door. "Sweet Pea!"
"Stop," he murmured pushing you against the wall. Your let out a breath as he just stared down at you. Then, he kissed you. At first it was rough and needy. Then it slowed into a passionate, touching kiss that made you melt.
"Pea," you close your eyes running your hand down his beat up face as he kissed your neck. You pulled him up to look at you.
"I'm sorry," he sighed leaning his forehead against yours. "I didn't mean..."
"I know," you say. "It's okay. I wasn't going to do it anyways."
"I love you," he said. Your eyes widened and you looked him in the eyes in confusion.
"You what?" He backed away from your freaking out.
"Nothing. I didn't say that," he said quickly.
"Pea," you grab his hand. "I love you too."
"Really?" You nod smiling and he smiled back at you. He lifted you slightly and kissed you again.