Last Day Of Summer

"See, they're still trying to get him to do things on his list even though he's in coma," I said.

"Okay, but why is he in coma," Yuri asked.

Maybe we shouldn't have started on season three...

My brother walked into the living room and saw us sitting on the couch.

"Wait, you guys are still here? I thought you two were heading out."

"We decided not to," I said. "Instead we're just gonna relax at home."

"Ah alright. Well you two have fun with that then."

"Alright, see ya Mike," I said as he left back to his room.

We just continued to watch "My Name is Earl". I enjoyed it, but I wasn't really sure if Yuri could properly follow with it.

"Hey Yuri, do you wanna maybe go out and do something?"

"Huh? Oh well, I'm happy to do whatever you want to do, Danny."

"And I'm glad for that, but does the show really interest you?" I lightly chuckled. "It doesn't really seem like you're able to follow along with it."

"Well I'll admit, I am a little confused, but I'm happy to watch it if you enjoy it."

I jumped off the couch and grabbed the remote from the coffee table to turn off the TV.

"It's alright Yuri, let's go do something! School starts tomorrow, and it'll be hard for us to go out while I'm in school."

She smiled before giving me an "okay." I grabbed my keys and we headed out to my car, a red and black 2015 Mazda MX-5, or as some call it, the Miata.

See the Grand Marquis needed a new alternator... which would've cost me two hundred dollars. I didn't want to pay that... So what did I do?

I went down to a city a hundred fifty miles away, signed a bunch of paper work, put down two thousand dollars, and got myself this beauty while paying only six hundred ten a month for the car and insurance!

Yeah, that sounds about right.

We got into the car and started the drive. I would've put the top down, but Yuri spent quite some time doing her hair, and the wind would've just messed it up.

We passed by a couple of places, just looking around. A certain restaurant had caught our eye, but I hadn't heard great things about it...

We didn't really have a lot of other choices, however. My city wasn't all that big...

At least the "nicer" part of it wasn't, but I wasn't gonna go looking for a nice place to go in the Southern part of town.

I finally settled on a nice Mexican restaurant. They weren't too uncommon where I lived, as my city was rather close to Mexico, but I picked one that I was sure I hadn't taken Yuri to before.

We went inside and were seated at a booth. After telling the waiter what we wanted to drink, Yuri and I got to talking.

Or well... we attempted to. I ain't really the best at keeping up a conversation.

"So how have you been, Yuri," I asked.

"I've been doing fine, and yourself?"

"I'm great! Yeah, just been hanging out at home... with you," I said with a giggle.

She giggled in response.

"Yes, so have I," she said.

We smiled at each other before awkwardly looking around. We had been dating for about three months, but we still had our awkward moments.