The Rejection

10 years ago...

Anthony had been waiting for this moment all year. He was gonna ask Sasha to be his girlfriend tonight. He had asked her to be his date to prom, and decided it was time to take their 2 years of friendship to the next step. He was waiting outside the prom hall in a snappy looking suit, where he would meet Sasha. And when she finally arrived... Anthony's jaw dropped. There she stood in all her beauty, in a blue sparkly dress complete with matching heels and a purse.

Anthony: Holy...

Sasha: Hey, Ant.

Anthony: You look... sensational!

Sasha: Thanks, bestie! You look pretty smart yourself!

Anthony felt his cheeks going red as Sasha grabbed his hand.

Sasha: Come on, you, let's go!

They proceeded into the main hall, where they met all their friends and enjoyed their night. They took amazing pictures of themselves with everyone, including Sasha's best friends, Lizzie and Hayley, and Anthony's best friends, Sean and Joseph. The boys were hounding him, constantly pestering him about when he was gonna ask Sasha to be his girlfriend. As the night eventually came to a conclusion, Anthony took her home, and when they got her front door, he decided to finally ask her the question.

Anthony: Before you go in, Sash, there's... something I've been wanting to say to you for a while now...

Sasha: Which is what?

Anthony: Sasha, I'll get straight to the point. I like you. As in like you more than a friend. After getting to know you over the past year, I feel like I know everything about you... and I want to be with you, as in boyfriend and girlfriend... so will you be my girlfriend?

Sasha just sat there in complete silence, also in shock as to what she had just heard. After a few moments of utter silence, as Anthony waited for a response, she then answered him.

Sasha: Listen, Anthony, I understand that we have been good friends since the day I started, but truth be told, I'm not looking for a relationship right now... so I'm sorry, but my answer is no.

Anthony looked absolutely flabbergasted as to what she had said to him. He immediately turned away from her, and felt tears start to well up in his eyes.

Sasha: Anthony... I'm sorry. I just-

Anthony: Forget it. Just go. Please. I need to be alone right now.

Sasha: But-

Anthony: I mean it, Sasha. Go.

As she felt tears start to form in her eyes too, Sasha got out of his car and shut the door behind her. She then saw Anthony speed off into the distance, as she broke down in tears.

Sasha: What have I done? 

As Anthony's car soon vanished from her sight, she dragged herself towards her house, made her way to her bedroom, and locked the door behind her. She wanted to be alone. As she laid there on her bed, she unlocked her phone, and bought up a picture of her and Anthony together.

Sasha: I've just made the worst mistake of my life...

She continuously stared at the photo, as more tears began to flow.

Sasha: I love you, Anthony.

Meanwhile...

Anthony had just got home and went straight up to his room, not caring for his mum, dad, and sister, Jess, trying to talk to him.

Anthony: Why do I even bother...

Jess noticed him walk upstairs, and decided to follow him and see what was wrong.