Chapter 2 - The List

Your alarm made you bolted up from the bed. The white sheets spread in front of your eyes. The walls were a light blue color, with a white ceiling. The room had white furnitures; a dresser, a small vanity, and a giant mirror. But for the most part, it was empty, plain. 6:00, the clock read. The sunlight had just began to crawl into your room through the thin curtains. Time to take Rapmon out for his usual morning walks. You got up, tied your long hair up, put on some warm clothing, and went to Rapmon's room, which was bigger than yours with more furnitures and amenities. The pup was already up and running in circles when you came into his room. You fed some gourmet food and put his jacket on. After that, the two of you exited the mansion and walked around the private park that was inside the gates of Namjoon's house community.

After an hour or so, you walked back to the house. It was empty, his car was gone from the driveway. You assumed he must have left for work. You left Rapmon in his room, to play with some toys while you took a shower. Even though your room is small, there was a walk in closet and also your own bathroom so you would have some privacy. You thought he must have cared, but in reality, he wanted you to hide your presence as much as possible.

Once you got out of the shower, you walked into the kitchen to grab some breakfast. There was a note pinned on the fridge. It's a list of things you were supposed to do today before he gets back. "Well, I am a servant after all." you sighed as you took a sip of apple juice. The memories from last night lingered in your brain.

Flashback

"Well well, look what we have here. It's Rapmon's servant. So, have you thought about my offer?" He chuckled, emotionless. You pictured him sitting on his golden throne, petting Rapmon like one of those villain.

"Yes. And after carefully thinking about it, I accept." you said, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Perfect. I'll give you some time to pack up now and I'll pick you up tomorrow-"

"Actually, I'm ready now. If you don't mind." you said, slurring some of your words, he must think you're crazy now.

"Well, someone was in a hurry. Couldn't wait to see my handsome face again, right?" you rolled your eyes.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." you said, remembering how he looked like an egg.

"Send me your address, I'll come now." He hung up and you texted him the address. After waiting half and hour, he rolled up into your little street in his convertible. You mentally cursed at yourself when some old ladies began whispering from across the street. You've always had a bad reputation in the area, some of them wondered what kind of job you have. A strange, good looking guy showing up in his expensive car here for the first time doesn't make it look good at all.

You quickly moved your stuff into his car. He made a comment about how little your stuff were and that a proper young woman should take better care of herself and her appearance. You ignored him and jumping into the passenger seat.

"Sorry. But that's Rapmon's seat."

"But he's not here right now."

"Doesn't matter." he moved his head, gesturing for you to sit in the back. In awe, you followed his order. The car ride was silence for the most part, besides him telling you about how his old maids were never good enough and he would fire them every week. The rest of the ride gave you time to process everything that was happening. You got kicked out of your apartment and was about to move into a stranger's house to babysit his dog. That sentence somehow made a lot of sense. But how long will you have to do it? For the rest of your life? You don't know how much of his egotistical personality you can handle.