Chapter 4 - Cute

It's been a few weeks since you've been at the house. The chores became a daily routine. The irony is the dog became your best friend, and you grew used to eating dinner by yourself while working on your design. Whenever you finished with a sketch, you would ask Namjoon how they look, and he would give you constructive criticism. Even though he wasn't an expert at designing, he does have good taste in clothes. You noticed all of his designer clothing whenever his dry-cleanings are delivered to the house.

Namjoon had bought you sewing supplies to make some of your designs. You were thankful for that but he reminded you that part of it came from your paycheck, so really, you bought everything for yourself. You find time to work on those whenever Rapmon is taking a nap. Speaking of which, the little angel is on your bed right now as you're finishing the last touches. On the mannequin is a black leather jacket with needles embroidery that you did yourself. It's badass and delicate. You stepped back and admired your work.

It was almost time to cook dinner, but you were so tired that you decided to crawl onto your bed. You wrapped one arm around Rapmon and fell asleep.

The door to your room swung open, "Y/N, it's dinner time and there's no food-" He stopped when he saw the scene. A tiny smile found its way to his face when he saw Rapmon had placed a paw on your arm. Namjoon walked inside the room, examining the leather jacket. A nod of acknowledgement occurred. Then he turned to you look at you sleeping, cute, he thought. He bent down to drape your blanket over you but in the process accidentally knocked over the mannequin with his leg.. This woke you and Rapmon up.

"Oh-" Before he could say anything, you bolted out of bed to check your jacket. Luckily the stitchings were okay.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that-"

"You could have just woke me up instead of trying to break my stuff." you said annoyingly, as you picked up the mannequin."I will go make dinner, sorry." You walked passed him to the door. He tried to reach out to you to explain.

"Hey, wait." But you were already out the door. He sighed, picking up Rapmon and bringing him to his room. When he finished tucking the dog in, Namjoon went back to the kitchen. You were almost done with the stir-fry vegetables and the rice was fully cooked. After putting the meal on the plate and placing it in front of him, you excused yourself to leave. But he spoke up.

"Why don't you join me for dinner tonight?"

"What?"

"Well it's late anyways, you must be hungry. And Rapmon isn't here to keep me company."

"Ah, so that's the real reason." you sighed.

"Please, just eat with me." he said. You went and grab an extra bowl. You were being cautious because it's not like him to be nice. "I'm sorry about earlier. I really didn't mean it. I'm just clumsy." he said after a while.

"That's okay. I'm sorry I yelled at you."

"But the jacket looks really good. You did a great job." he commented.

"Do you really mean it?" you asked, your eyes glittering and hopeful. He chuckled.

"I do. The needleworks look great, almost professional."

"Thank you for saying that." you said, your gaze returning to your bowl of food. You couldn't hide your smile. You couldn't wait to start designing more things. The rest of dinner was quiet. After cleaning up, you folded the laundry and brought it to his room. You were about to knock when you heard him cursing on the other side. You debated about leaving the clothes outside, but he would have been more mad. So in the end, you knocked.

"What is it?" he asked, his tone slightly annoyed.

"Um, I have your laundry."

"Come in then." When you enters, you saw that he was sitting at his working station, one hand on the keyboard, on hand on the music sheet. "Just put it on the table." he said, you did just that. Your feet took you closer to him, until you were hovering over what he was doing.
"Are you okay?" you asked. He jumped a little, maybe he's surprised that you're still in his room.

"No, but it's nothing that you can help me with." he said lazily.

"Maybe not, but you can just tell me the problem. You can rant. It's good for you." you said.

"I wonder why I'm listening to someone who's not in the industry." he said, laughing a little, but it was a mocking tone.

"Because you have no one else here." He turned to look at you, with a curious expression, almost like he was satisfied with the anwer.

"Fine. I've started this song some years ago, but I can never finish it. I have all the melodies done, but the lyrics just don't come to me."

"What is the song about?"

"It was the piece you saw the first time you went into my room. Maybe that's why I freaked out, because in a way, that is my weakness, and I don't like people knowing my weakness."

"You don't like people, do you?" you asked.

"What makes you say that?" he asked, almost laughing.

"I know the signs, you're attached to your dogs, there aren't pictures of you or anyone in this house, and you haven't brought people over ever since I got here."

"You're very attentive." he said, it wasn't a compliment.

"Why is that?" you asked, ignoring his comment

"That's not something I like to talk about. Good night, Y/N." he said, turning his back to you.