Chapter 15 - Retreat

You jumped out of the car excitedly, letting the mountain air flow through your body. But the wind made you pull the scarf up closer to your cheeks. You saw the other people wrapping their arms around their bodies to keep them warm. Right now you were on the company's annual retreat with the other idols. You were surprised when Namjoon told you to come, it wasn't really an invitation, but an expectation.

"Why do I have to go?" you had asked him.

"What else do you have going on?" he simply said before leaving your room. So then you began packing. After Rapmon was released from the hospital, Namjoon sent him to his mom for her to look after her. You two haven't really talked about the event from that day, but there wasn't much to talk about anyways. Good thing he didn't hear you practically professing your feelings to him.

Namjoon said normally they would go to the mountains in Namsan but Seokjin suggested going to a new place. So here you are at the bottom of Sobaeksan. The resort lies on top of the mountain and you had to hike up. No one seemed to minded. You looked over at the group. There was obviously you and Namjoon, and Seokjin, Jisoo, Taehyung, Jennie, Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jungkook, Lisa, and Chaeyoung. 12 people total. You asked Namjoon to invite Chaeyoung along because you wanted someone to talk to, he was slightly annoyed but invited her nonetheless.

"I want the map!" Jungkook yelled out. He ran and snatched it from Namjoon's hand as he pulled it out from his backpack. Since it'll only be for three days, all of you brought a backpack each.

"No, you bratt. You'll run ahead and we'll be lost." Yoongi nagged. He was leaning against the van, half asleep. You noticed that Jimin was standing beside him and Yoongi eventually laid his head and Jimin's shoulder. Jimin giggle a bit.

"That's because you're old and can't keep up with us." said Taehyung.

"Yah, I'm older than him. What does that make me?" Seokjin said, slightly smacking Taehyung's head. Jennie went up to him to console him.

"Whose great idea was it to print out only one map?" she asked. From her photoshoots, you thought that she would be really intimidating in real life, but she has sort of the same voice as Chaeyoung and Lisa. Especially when they talked about something cute. Jisoo has a more mature voice which you found really attractive. Compared to everyone here, you really felt out of place.

"That would be me. I got excited and printed one out last minute." Jimin answered shyly. Chaeyoung shook her head in disapproval at her brother.

"It's fine. We'll all just have to stick together." Namjoon spoke up. "Everyone, grab a partner." As expected, the couples automatically went with each other. You saw that Yoongi grabbed onto Jimin and let out a sly smile. You automatically scanned for Chaeyoung.

"Y/N, I'll be your partner!" you turn to see that it was Hoseok. Throughout the time at work, you and him have been having more conversations and they were almost pleasants. You realized that it was finally time to move on from the past, so you both agreed to be friends. But that doesn't mean that you still don't feel uncomfortable around him.

"Oh, okay-"

"Hoseok, you should be partner with Chaeyoung instead. In case she falls, you could still carry her. If you saw how much Y/N eats at home, I doubt you'd be able to lift even her legs." Namjoon said as he walked up to the two of you. Your jaw dropped and you had to refrain from cursing out at him. All he did was smirk. Before Hoseok could say anything, Namjoon pulled on your hood which then pulled the rest of your body away from Hoseok. The rest of the group had already began making their ascend to the top with Jungkook as their leader.

Namjoon, being the alpha, decided to stay behind to make sure everyone had gone up, before the two of you proceeded. The path was almost dried, there had been a snow storm some days ago but the snow had melted for the most part. The shoes you were wearing dug deep into the ground with each step to keep you from falling. The sun rose behind the tall trees, the glaring light blinded your eyes. Your foot made contact with a slippery slope but before you could fall, Namjoon grabbed onto your upper arm.

"Watch where you're going next time." he said. It wasn't a threat, but like a mother looking after her children. You ignored him and continued walking ahead. Up ahead, you could hear Seokjin cracking up some jokes.

"What is it when you understands something in the snow?....Icy!" The group groaned as his infamous laugh increased in volume. Even Jisoo seemed embarrassed of him and left him behind. After awhile, you felt Namjoon's presence by your side again. The scarf covered most of his face and you saw only his nose, it was red from the cold.

"Stop staring at me." he said. You snapped your head back, to look straight ahead. The last thing you wanted was for him to gloat about how good looking he is, that's only for Seokin. "Are you mad at me?" he asked. Nothing escaped your mouth. "You know I was joking earlier, right?" he continued. You felt his stare, the sensation was undeniable as the hair around your neck started tingling. The temptation to turn to look at him was strong, but you remained indifferent. "C'mon, stop being mad at me. I know you can't resists me." he whispered that last part into your ears. Your heart stopped. The blood rushed to your face as you mistook a step into some ice and fell onto your side. You should have felt the pain of the fall, but instead, you were numb.

He heard me, you thought, he heard me confessing to him. My life is over. As you continued to lay on the ground, Namjoon, with a concerned expression hovered over you. "Are you okay?" he asked, chuckling. He extended his arm out to help you up but you swat it away. His face dropped when you sat up, wiping the tears from your eyes. "Let me help you up, pabo." he said, crouching down and wiped some dirt off your cheeks. His hand lingered for too long, and you took the opportunity to steal a glance at him. His cheeks and nose were a rosy pink, his hair hidden by his black beanie and you could see his ears folded. His eyes concentrated on yours, the hand on your cheek spread to cup half of your face, locking you in place.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier." he admitted, his gaze lowered to the ground.

"We can talk about this later. Let's hurry and catch up to the group-" you trailed off when you saw nothing in front of you. And by that, you did not see the group of 10 other people, the area was ghost silent except for the occasionals birds chirping.

"Shit." Namjoon breathe out. "I'll call them." Just as you expected, there were no signal up in the mountain. Namjoon cursed a few more times. He stood up and pulled you up with him. The moment you left foot touched the ground again, it felt like giving up. You let out a yelp of agony.

"Fuck, I think I sprained my ankle." you said. A part of you felt guilty for adding to the situation. You braced yourself for his wrath, but instead, he crouched down, his back facing you. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? Hurry up and get on, pabo."