Chapter 13 - Pretty

"So," you began. The three of you were sitting at the kitchen table. Namjoon sat across from you. "Namjoon, this is my brother, Doh Kyungsoo, you might him as D.O of EXO. Kyungsoo, this is my roommate, Kim Namjoon." The two of them nodded at each other. You thought back to earlier when Namjoon was yelling at you from the front door. He seemed flustered, which would be the first time. You quickly invited your brother in before Namjoon could say something stupid. Surely he had seen EXO before, he couldn't be starstruck could he?

"I know you're the CEO for RKive, quite impressive of you." Kyungsoo said, taking a sip of his ice tea.

"Thank you, D.O-ssi." Namjoon said.

"Just call me Kyungsoo. Even my members rarely call me that." he said, chuckling a little. His glasses slipping down to his nose and he adjusted it. He looks like a little kid. It made Namjoon relax his shoulders. But he remembers that Kyungsoo is a year older than him so he should remain respectful.

"Speaking of which, how are the members?" you asked as you took a bite of soup.

"They're good. Sehun is a bratt as usual and Chanyeol literally never leaves me alone."

"That's sounds quite nice, actually. I wish I was in your shoes." you said, thinking about your massive crush on Chanyeol. Namjoon choked on his soup and looked at you in shock.

"Yah!" your brother yelled out, hitting your head with his spoon.

"Ow, what was that for?" you whined.

"Don't say useless things like that. You should just focus on your career right now, not love."

"Soo, don't even worry about it. I'm never dating. Have you forgotten about..." you trailed off, not wanting to say his name. But Kyungsoo knows exactly who you're talking about.

"I know. Good men are hard to find in this business." Kyungsoo said, then he turned his head to Namjoon, maybe he's expecting a response. Namjoon quickly swallowed his food and met Kyungsoo's gaze.

"Yeah...yeah, I know exactly what you mean." he gulped, "Good men are so hard to find, believe me, I have tried." Namjoon forced out a smile and you tried your best to not laugh at him, and he glared at you.

"But at any rate, Y/N," Kyungsoo began, his bushy eyebrows furrowed, "You are at that age so isn't it scandalous that you're living with your boss?"

You sign, knowing that your brother would bring this up. "Soo, I am not moving out to live with you. You'll never let me work."

"You wouldn't need to. I have enough money to take care of both you and mom. But I understand that you're living out your dreams." Then he turned to Namjoon. "Y/N told me what you've done for her at work. So thank you."

"Oh, it's nothing at all. Really. Y/N saved my dog's life and also my company's reputation with her jacket, it's the least I could do for her. She's a great employee, everyone loves her there." Namjoon replied. You were shocked to say the least, but you were glad he's putting up a great act in front of your brother.

"Wow, you that's the first time you've ever said something so nice to me. I should have recorded that." you teased. Namjoon rolled his eyes and flick your forehead.

"Shut up, or else I'll never say those things again." he said, laughing. You laughed along with him. "Don't pout. It won't work." he commented.

"You're heartless, aren't you?"

"Only towards you." he said, and winked at you. That action caught you off guard, but you were glad he's getting comfortable with your brother. Namjoon then lowered his head and mentally cursed at himself for getting carried away. But he thought you looked especially cute tonight with your hair in a bun and you're still wearing the apron.

"Right, right." you answered. Kyungsoo was silent, observing your interaction with each other. Something felt odd, but he wouldn't question it until later.

"The food tastes great." Kyungsoo commented.

"Thank you. I remember that mom used to make this for you when you would come to visit. I hear that you rarely go back."

"I've heard the same about you. But I've been busy, with the group's activity and my upcoming movie."

"Oh, you're working on a new movie?" Namjoon asked.

"Ah, yes. When I was finishing up my last drama, a director approached me for his new project." Kyungsoo answered. He seems so engage whenever someone brings up one of his passion. Acting being one of them. You were so proud of him when you saw him debuting in Cart. And you made fun of him in 100 Days my Prince when you heard that he high-fived the actress whenever they finish up a kissing scene. Even though he's in a famous idol group, he's as awkward as ever.

"What's the movie about?" you asked.

"I can't say too much. But it's going to be and action movie."

"Are you sure you can handle that?" you asked.

"Of course I can."

"Okay, well just be careful. I was worried when you had to trained with archery and horseback riding. I saw from an interview that you got hurt."

"But you didn't even visit me."

"First all, look at me and look at you. You got the good look genes of the family. The security guard would think I'm a crazy fangirl." you said, laughing a little. You were never noticed in high school, you were always known as Hoseok's best friend or Kyungsoo's sister.

"I-" Kyungsoo began but someone cut him off.

"I think you're pretty." Namjoon said suddenly, but he moved to covered his mouth immediately. Your mouth formed an O and your eyes enlarged as you looked at him. Kyungsoo noticed the strange atmosphere.

"Uh.. t-thank you." you said, your face clearly blushing. "Um, I'll go clean up now. You guys.. Go somewhere else." You grabbed the dishes and moved them to the sink and began washing them. The whole time you thought about what Namjoon said, it seemed genuine, and not forced. It made your heart flutter a bit and it did make you happy. You haven't felt that way since, Hoseok. But you shook your head, attachment is not for you. Meanwhile, Namjoon showed Kyungsoo upstairs to his room and to his work station.

"Have you tried producing before?"

"No, never. SM rarely allows creativity. And besides, I leave all that stuff to Chanyeol and Lay." He scanned the room, it was bare. "I can see that you're really into music."

"Yeah, it's practically my life." Namjoon answered shyly. He looked over a the song he'd been working on, Her.

"Is that song for Y/N?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Yeah, but it's not finished yet-wait, no." Namjoon suddenly became very flustered and dropped the sheet musics on the floor.

"It's okay, I won't tell her." Kyungsoo chuckled.

"You're misunderstanding me though."

"I don't think so. I know Y/N told me that you're.. You know, but I know she's lying. Every time she talks about you, she talks about how cool you are and how you made her dreams came true. You make her really happy, I hope you know that."

"She talks about me?"

"Yes, she also told me about how much of a jerk you are." Kyungsoo laughed. "But I saw how you looked at her tonight, there's something there, isn't it?"

Namjoon was silent, he didn't know how to answer that. To be honest, he doesn't know how he feels towards you. He just knows that he doesn't like being a part from you. Even know, he just wants to be near you.

"You don't have to answer me now. I hope you'll think about it. Y/N's a fragile girl. Even when she tries acting tough, she gets hurt easily. After Hoseok left, she didn't cry, but I knew she was hurting. And I didn't help the situation since I was so far away from her, she had to do everything herself. And I notice now that it's her habit to not rely on other people. I wish she would open up more."

"I'll take care of her." Namjoon spoke, his eyes was steady on Kyungsoo.

"What?"

"I promise I'll take care of her... as my employee of course."

"Right, as your employee." Kyungsoo repeated.