Chapter 38 - Room 247

"Shit." you said aloud, but covered your mouth quickly. But you realized that Namjoon was in Japan for a business trip and wouldn't hear you. You looked at the plastic stick again, not wanting to believe your eyes. But the word was clear, as it has appeared on three other sticks.

Pregnant.

You sighed, throwing all the sticks away. Thoughts ran through your mind like flashes. It wasn't that you didn't want kids, but your career had just started. And you weren't even married yet, heck, not even engaged. You were terrified about what other people might think if they were to find out. But what worried you more was Namjoon's reaction. Sure you two have talked about marriage, but he had never once talked about kids. You don't even know if he wants to have any children. But one thing is for certain, you want to keep this baby.

You picked up the phone, your finger tracing the dial icon. But you couldn't do it. Even if he didn't want kids, it would be wrong to tell him through a text or a call. Even video call, which you guys have done every night would be wrong. Speaking of which, your phone was ringing. His name popped up along with the first of you guys at the retreat all those years ago. You had saved it since and he admitted that he never deleted it either. He even enlarged it and hung it over his bed. You said it was a bit too much but he told you to shut up.

"Hi, baby doll! I miss you." he said when you picked up.

"Oh, hey, J-Joonie." you answered, trying to stay calm.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Uh. Yeah, just stress from work, that's all. How's Japan?"

"Awful. This guy I'm meeting with is being so stubborn. I'm hoping it'll be over soon. I can't wait to come back to you." With that, he hung up. You could tell by the sound of his voice that he was tired, and when he is tired, he tends to forget to take care of himself. This would be a good opportunity for you to go and look after him. The shop would be fine under Hoseok's watch. You have hired a good team, management and sale, they would be efficient with or without you. You pulled out your laptop and booked a ticket to Tokyo. You had packed enough clothes for a week, it would serve as a vacation for you as well since you've always wanted to visit Japan.

The trip took place 2 days later, you didn't tell him obviously because you wanted it to be a surprise for him. But his calls during that time had decreased, even the text message felt wrong. Rapmon was sent to Jimin and Yoongi to take care of, Yoongi wanted to adopt a dog with Jimin for quite some times now and he wanted the experience. It's a win-win. Jimin, who had booked Namjoon's hotel, had emailed you all of his informations about the room number and his schedule, so you knew exactly where to go when you landed. The plane ride was long but the taxi ride over to the hotel was even more unbearable. Your heart was pounding as you got closer to the hotel. You didn't know how to face him or how to tell him.

"Arigato." you told the driver. Good thing you picked up some Japanese while Namjoon was studying. The hotel looks plain, but it was sort of in the center of the city. He must have a nice view. The receptionist gave you a bored look as you walked past her to the elevator. Your poise and confident made it look like you knew where you were going, so she didn't bother you. The elevator stopped at the second floor, you wheeled the suitcase to his room number 247.

Knock. You didn't hear a response, but you did hear some shufflings. His feet dragged against the floor. Something was wrong. When he opened the door, the smile you had missed so much was all but there. Instead, you met with his cold gaze and hardened jaw.

"Hi." you said quietly, afraid that anything might set off the bomb that is his body. He's ticking. You've never seen him like this before, but you've heard stories from the boys. It never occured to you that he would show this side to you.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, the door was still a barrier between the two of you. It was only opened enough for you to see that he was still alive, but nothing else.

"Uh, I missed you, Namjoon. And I wanted to talk to you about something." He groaned, but opened the door a bit wider for you and the suitcase to move through. You glanced at the room, which was nothing like his at home. His clothes lied scattered on the brown colored carpet. There were also bags of chips with a piece pieces on the unmade bed. It looked like the scene of a teenage boy. It was so unlike him because he hates any mess.

"What did you want to talk about?" he asked, taking a seat at the table, his equipment was set up, spreading out on the wooden table where they seemed like a fixed part of the structure instead of some decorations.

"Joonie, have you been eating right?" He had lost some weight even though he's been here less than a week, his hair was a mess and you can't tell when was the last time he showered.

"Did you come all this way to nag me?" he yelled. The volume of his voice made you jump a little.

"I'm just worried about you. That's all."

"I don't fucken need a babysitter right now. My client ended our contract and I'm so pissed right now. I don't want you here." he roared. You knew he didn't mean it, but it was still hard to hear him saying these things.

"I love you and I need you to take care of yourself." You moved closer to put a hand on him, but he swung your arm away, causing you to fumble backwards a bit. You couldn't hold the tears from your eyes and began to quietly sob. He sat unmoving, face towards the table and away from you.

"If you're just gonna cry, I'll see you back in Korea." He placed his headphones back on and his full attention went back to the computer. Hurt, you walked out of the room crying. He needs time to calm down, and so did you. If he did wanted to marry you, you'll have to get use to this, you kept on telling yourself. When you got outside, you felt some sharp pain in your stomach and a headache. A car horn was loud in front of you. The glowing sun descending behind the tall buildings was the last thing you saw before your body felt the impact.