Chapter 27 - Head On

"I can't believe you're really going back permanently, Signorina."

"Margaret, for the last time. Just call me Y/N. I'm not your boss anymore." you laughed. The two of you were in your office, packing up your stuff and moving her stuff in. "From now on, I'm relying on you to take care of this location, partner." After months of thinking, you decided to take Hoseok's offer to branch out to Korea. He had already set up a few locations throughout the country for you, all you have to do is begin shipping some clothes to those locations. He'll also be in charge of some locations as he is now a stock owner of Adora. He said it was because he really likes your design, which you didn't doubt, but you knew another reason was that he felt like he owed you some happiness.

Your right hand woman Margaret was promoted to being your partner, overlooking production and sales in the Milan boutique. She'll run it the way she likes, but she'll still have to talk with you about any important decision. You'll still be designing no matter where you are. "I'll miss you." she said as you closed your last box.

"I'll come back. But I think I've been running away for too long. I have to face my problems eventually."

"Even though we've known each other for 3 years, you've never really talked about your problems. I just want you to know that I'm here for you."

"Grazie. It wasn't that I didn't trust you. I thought if I didn't think about my problems, they'll all go away. But as life would have it, the problems will always come back, and I have to face them head on."

"Hwaiting!" she exclaimed. You laughed at her attempt at the Korean slang. To be honest, you were nervous about going back. Not just for the company, but everything else. To be in Korea meant that you would be in the same space as him. And you'll probably get news about the wedding since they both are celebrity. Maybe you should have waited until that passed. But it's already been done.

The taxi waited outside the boutique with your suitcases already inside. Most of your stuff had already been sent ahead to Korea and moved into Chaeyoung's house where you'll be staying until you find a place. You didn't want to bother her, but she said she misses your presence, and it's lonely in a big house. You waved goodbye to all the other employees, gave Margaret a tight hug and got into the cab.

***

It was early afternoon in Korea when you arrived. The sense of nostalgia rushed over you as you walked the airport. All around you were conversations, you missed hearing it. When you walked out of the gate, you saw them, not the whole group, but nonetheless, you smiled brightly.

"Unnie, you're finally back!" Chaeyoung yelled, enveloping you in her arms. Jimin was behind her, patting your shoulder. After Chaeyoung pulled back, another figure approached you.

"Oppa." you breathe out, tears almost filling your eyes. He was one of the people you haven't seen in 4 years. Yoongi didn't say much, but his gummy smile indicated that he was happy to see you. He ruffled your hair.

"I'm glad you're here, Y/N." You pushed past his hand to give him a hug. His body stiffened, but eventually, he hugged you back.

"Alright, my turn." someone else said.

"Hoseok, I saw you like 3 months ago." you said, chuckling.

"So, I'm your business partner now, I should get special treatment." he whined.

"Alright, alright. Partner" you wrapped your arms around him, but only just for a moment. The others seemed to have been fine with him, especially Yoongi. After your first meeting with him, you had told them that he doesn't mean any harms anymore. It must have been lonely for him, his friends ignoring and probably hating him for the last 4 years. Everyone deserves a second chance. Everyone needs redemptions.

"You guys didn't really have to come." you told them.

"Of course we did." Yoongi answered, "we're you're family now. And we will always be your family."

"Oh, Kyungsoo is going to be so jealous when he hears this."

"Speaking of which, I can't believe you didn't tell me your brother is an EXO member. You could have hooked me up with him." Chaeyoung complained.

"Yah, Park Chaeyoung. Don't even think about that." Jimin said.

"Oppa, I'm a grown woman. I deserve love." she whined to her brother, her cheeks puffy.

"I know. But men are gross."

"Hey, I'm right here." Yoongi yelled out. Jimin turned to apologize to him, then Yoongi smiled and gave him a kiss.

"Is there something I'm missing here?" you asked, observing the situation.

"Oh, Jimin and I are dating now. But don't tell anyone yet. I still have to tell Namjoon first....Oh my gosh, sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Oppa, you don't have to apologize. Really, all of you shouldn't have to censor yourself because of me. I'm really fine now." you told them, your throat already feeling heavy.

"Are you sure, Y/N?" Jimin asked.

"Yes. Clearly he has moved on already, and I really should too."

"You deserve the best." Hoseok chimed in.

"If it weren't for you, she wouldn't be in this mess in the first place." Chaeyoung snapped. Hoseok lowered his gaze to the ground.

"Chae, enough." Then you turned to Hoseok. "I'm not mad at you anymore. I should, but I shouldn't burden myself with that feeling. You shouldn't either."

"Thank you, Y/N." he smiled.

"Now, take me to our store!"

***

You scanned the room. The off white wall greeted you, welcoming you with every step you take. The sunlight beamed through the curtainless windows, illuminating the wooden floor.

Hoseok was talking about the contract and minute details.

"I know it's not much yet, but with some hard work, we'll make it a success like the first Adora." he said.

"Hoseok, I love it. I love it so much. Thank you!" you jumped into him, the excitement taking over you.

"I'm really glad. It wasn't easy finding a good location." he boasted. You rolled your eyes as your hand feeling the wall. "Like the boutique in Milan, you'll have an office here and a space where you can sew. But for the most part, I signed a contract with a production company I trust to produce your designs. They'll be able to skip to Milan and throughout Korea."

"Hoseok, this is all too much. Thank you so much." you said, tears filling your eyes. Your dream was already coming so far and you have a long way to go.

"Of course. I owe you this much. But otherwise, you deserve all of this for your hard work. Besides, once you become the next Gucci, I'll be even more famous."

"Shut up." you said, punching his arms lightly.

"Alright, enough of this sentimental crap." You two turned to the door, seeing the Kim's and Jungkook standing with paint supplies in their hands. "Let's get down and dirty."