Chapter 6 - Best Friends

"Y/N, I can't believe it's really you." Hoseok exclaimed, pushing pass Namjoon and held your shoulder. You took a step back, your face blank.

"Yeah..." you said in a quiet voice, turning your face away from him.

"Do you two know each other?" Namjoon asked, looking right at you. He seemed both amused and annoyed at the scene.

"Yeah, we grew up next door to each other. She was my best friend." Hoseok explained.

"Right, friend." you repeated. You felt your anger rising but you had to keep calm in front of everyone. Jung Hoseok was an angel to them, and you'd rather them not know what happened between you two.

"You guys can sort this out later, but right now we have to see if her jacket will fit you." Namjoon spoke firmly. You were glad he did because then you could distract yourself from the tears that threatened to fall. Hoseok tried on the jacket, which surprisingly fit him well. You just had to make sure the shoulders were wide enough. While you were working on the jacket, which was still on him, he took the chance to look at you. You tried your best to focus on the task at hand. Namjoon was on the phone with the show venue to make sure everything was prepared for j-hope.

"This jacket is really nice, Y/N." Hoseok whispered.

"Thanks." you answered.

"Look, I'm really sorry for how things ended between us-"

"Save it, it was years ago. And we're both doing things that we've dreamed of doing. And it's fine, no matter what we've sacrificed, right?" you asked, it wasn't really a question for him as it was for yourself.

"Y/N.." he began again.

"Anyways, congratulations. You've got what you wanted." you said absently. Your mind wasn't fully back in reality. The needle then pricked your hand. You yelped then dropped the needle and sewing kit. Hoseok immediately grabbed your hand, even wouldn't let it go even when you tried to yank it away. "Let me go." you said.

"Hold still, let me look at it." he said, his face was stern. Despite his happy demeanor, you knew how pissed off he could get. He went to his bag and pulled out a bandaid. "I still carry band aids around, just like the old times. You would get hurt all the time." he chuckled, but you didn't give him any reaction. He looked down into your eyes. They were the same hazelnut color that you remembered. His hand held your finger with gentleness.

"What happened?" Namjoon asked as he returned. His eyes narrowed when he saw Hoseok holding your hand. You jumped and pulled your hand away from Hoseok. He saw your band aid and didn't show any sign of worriedness, you expected nothing less from your boss.

"It's nothing. Anyways, the jacket should be fine now. If Hoseok-ssi wants to dance around and see if everything is comfortable, then he can do that." you answered, moving away from Hoseok, who was visibly sad when you did that.

"Yeah, it's a good fit. The jacket looks amazing. Thank you so much Y/N." Hoseok said. You nodded. All you wanted to do was go home and crawl back to bed. But Namjoon had other ideas.

"Great. Let's all head to the venue now."

"All?" you asked.

"Yes. Hoseok, me, you, and Jimin." he answered as a matter of fact.

"Why me? I still have chores to do for you."

"Chores?" Hoseok asked.

"Oh yeah, she's my maid." Namjoon answered bluntly.

"Maid?" Hoseok asked again, this time, more angry than anything.

"It's not your concern. But why do I have to go with you guys?"

"Because if anything happens, you'll be there to fix it. Besides, don't you want to see your design being broadcast on national television?" Namjoon asked, knowing your answer would be yes. You rolled your eyes and followed him to the car. Namjoon suggested taking his car. When you were about to open the door to the back seat, Namjoon stopped your hand. You looked at him in surprised.

"Why don't you sit in the front seat today." he said. It wasn't a question, more of a command. You blinked, expecting him to say he was joking but his face remained calm. You saw a hint of sadness within his eyes. Instead of arguing back, you nodded and moved to the passenger seat. Hoseok and Jimin saw the interactions and were surprised that he would let you in the front when they knew it was reserved for Rapmon. Nonetheless, they sat in the back. During the car ride, Namjoon occasionally asked how Hoseok felt, to which he replied that he was nervous but felt fine. You didn't really pay attention to anything.

"So, Hoseok hyung, how did you and Y/N meet?" Jimin asked. You snapped back to reality, but refrained yourself from turning around to look at them.

"Like I said earlier, we grew up next door to each other. So we went to the same school until I left to go to Seoul. We were inseparable, like brother and sister." he answered.

Ouch, you thought, first best friend then now siblings. You let out a sigh. Namjoon seemed to have felt your uneasiness and turned the radio on a little bit louder. You mentally thanked him, but you could still hear the other two in the back.

"Wow, what was Hoseok hyung like in high school, Y/N? I bet he was really popular because of his looks." Jimin said in awe.

"Jimin, your gay is showing." Namjoon said blatantly and without hesitation. You held in your laugh. You also felt that he said it for your sake, and who knows why he would do that.