Chapter 20 - Just Us

"I don't wanna leave. I want to stay here and sleep forever." Yoongi yawned as he got back into the car.

"Hyung, you sleep literally everywhere." Namjoon commented. The group was divided into two to fit into two vans. Obviously, Namjoon dragged you along with him.

"Yeah, you're literally sleeping on top of Jimin right now." said Jungkook. He made a face at you as if Yoongi was crazy or something. It made you laugh. You felt Namjoon's cold gaze burning the back of your neck and his hand was squeezing yours. Even with his maknae, he's jealous.

"Whatever." Yoongi snuggled his head up against Jimin's shoulder. The younger one blushed a rosy color and stared shyly out the window. The trip back to the city would take a few hours, you guys left after lunch. For the most part, the car ride was silence. Except sometimes, Jungkook and Taehyung would play their games loudly. You should have been in the other car with Chae and the other girls. But you had to make your boyfriend happy.

Boyfriend, you giggled slightly at the thought of it. Never in your wildest dreams would you imagine getting a boyfriend. And on top of that, a very handsome and amazing boyfriend. You felt so lucky. He was reading a book on his phone. After a while, you let your head rest on his shoulder, your arm intertwining with his. He felt him chuckling.

"How is your ankle?" he asked.

"It's good. I think I'm really fine now." you said, wiggling your feet around. A good night sleep and pain medication surely did the trick.

"Not yet." Namjoon pouted, shaking his head.

"What?"

"You're not fine yet. I have to carry you into the house first, and then you'll be better." he said as-a-matter-of-fact. You stared at him in awe.

"You know, I don't have to be injured for you to carry me." you laughed, but stopped when you realized the implication of what you just said. "Wait, wait, I didn't mean-"

His grin was wide. "Too late. You just gave me permission to carry you whenever and wherever I want."

"I did not say wherever." you pointed out.

"I may have made that up. You can't stop me now." he teased. You punched his stomach. He pretended to cry and stole a kiss from you.

"Couple, can you please stop?" Taehyung whined.

"Hey, let Namjoonie hyung enjoy this. He never had a girlfriend before." Jungkook said, laughing.

"You brat, shut up!" Namjoon yelled, but then buried his head into his hands.

"Are you okay?" you asked, patting his shoulder.

"Yeah, but now you probably don't think I'm cool anymore."

"To be honest, I never thought you were cool."

"Shut up." The two of you went back into your original position. Namjoon had put his phone away and was focusing talking to you. Since the car was quiet, he had to whisper. It sounded nice, like ASMR. You tried your best not to fall asleep. He talked about his favorite books, which are the inspirations for the songs he produces. You took turn exchanging where your passions came from.

"I grew up poor." you began, "In school, everyone would have nicer clothes than me. My parents tried their best to provide us with food and shelter. So Kyungsoo and I never asked for much. Well, Kyungsoo was always good looking, so the ladies at the boutique would give him free clothing, or his fangirls would. I, on the other hand, was a little more ordinary. I would steal clothing donations from those recycling bins, and sew things together to make something new. I began to develop a passion for doing that. I did it as a hobby, and that led me to here."

"I don't believe that."

"You don't?" you looked up at him, your mouth pouting.

"No, I don't believe for once that you were ordinary. I'm sure you have always been beautiful and amazing." he beamed. The vans arrived at the company, where everyone would go their separate ways. You pinched Namjoon's ear as he tried to pick you up and go to the car. In the end, he wrapped his arm around you and helped you walk. The car ride was surprisingly awkward, it was the first time you two have been truly alone since everything. Your heartbeat was getting louder at the thought of going home with him, something you do everyday, but today seems different. Namjoon sensed your commotions and held your hand as he drove.

"My mom wants Rapmon to stay a little longer. So I'll pick him up tomorrow night. It'll just be us for now."

"J-Just u-us?"

"Yeah, anything wrong with that?"

"Of course not! Why would there be anything wrong with that? I'm not thinking about anything!" you exclaimed, but then cursed yourself for saying too much. Namjoon laughed. Once you arrived home, Namjoon insisted on carrying both your bags in one hand so that he could hold your hand with his other one. You told him that you're not going anywhere but he wouldn't listen. Since it was already late, you two decided to have a cup of ramen before bed.

"Tell me more about when you were younger." Namjoon said as he slurped his noodles.

"Hmm, there wasn't much. I used to dance ballet. But literally every little girl has."

"That's why you were so great at that game yesterday."

"You thought I was great?"

"Yeah, I couldn't take my eyes off of you. But honestly, I can never take my eyes off of you in the first place, but that time, you were really....attractive." he mumbled, hiding his face behind his ramen cup.

You giggled. "Uh, thanks." Namjoon offered to clean up while you get ready for bed. You changed into pajamas and washed up in the bathroom. When you came back, you jumped a little when you saw Namjoon sitting on your bed. "What are you doing here?" you asked, wrapping your arms around your chest.

He rolled his eyes. "I'm just here to wish you goodnight, you dork. Unless," he got up and walked over to you. His body inches away from yours, your back hitting the wall. "You want something else."

"No, no. I'm okay. Good night." you ducked under his arm and pushed him outside the door. He swung around and grabbed your face, locking your lips with his. You were surprised, you arms wailing around.

"Can't I stay with you?" he asked when he pulled back, looking right into your eyes with his puppy dog eyes. The tone of his voice was in a way desperate. Unknowingly, you nodded. His face was replaced with a smirk as he dragged you to the bed. His arms wrapped around your torso, your head fitting perfectly into his chest.

"Don't you think this is moving too fast?" you asked.

"For someone that hasn't had human contact for most of his life, I need this. I need you. Let me stay like this, for just a little bit. And then I'll go back to my room." He was breathing calmly, inhaling your scent. The room was quiet, except for the sound of two beating hearts.