Court of Demon Kings and Queens

Okay so in the previous I mentioned the Court and I was going to go along and write another chapter until I remembered that the only person who will understand is me. Because the Court's backstory only exists in my head. Smart, Nat, smart. So this is the backstory.

Also I own this part of the story, aside from Asmodeous and Shadowhunters If you want to use any part of it ask for permission in the comments or in Wattpad conversation.

3rd Person POV

At first there were only two groups of people. Angels and demons. And they hated one another. The demons we're greater in number and more powerful. The angels didn't have much authority and we're often pushed around, taking cover in the Heavens, which were their home. Hell and the surface was where the demons resided.

Angels then created humans to try and balance out the scale of life. But the demons were too tempting. The humans gave in to desire and submitted to the demons. They did whatever the great demons told them to. They wanted to be chosen and help the demons achieve their many goals. One of which was powerful offspring.  Thus, warlocks were created.

These first warlocks were insanely powerful. Their power was to be feared, their parents were proud of their blood- hungry children who loved to battle. These warlocks didn't resist their natural instincts and impulses. They were naturally impulsive creatures and we're afraid of nothing. They flaunted their Marks and humans adored them, those chosen by the great demons.

The humans didn't mind how the warlocks took what they wanted. Or how their displays of magic often nearly hurting/killing someone.

In some ways it wasn't the warlocks fault, they had to much power to control and their eccentric behavior was encouraged. Why stop if people kept telling you that you were right?

The angels needed to get a grip on the world they were losing, so they took a few that with held their desire and let them drink from the Mortal Cup that was filled with their blood. This event took place one hundred years after warlocks were created.

This new species were called Shadowhunters. They were originally made to assist the angels in getting a grip on the humans. To get and keep the demons in check.

In those hundred years, demons and warlocks reigned over humans. The did as they wanted and a few times a decade they would do something that would benefit the humans so the mortal creatures did not think that they were vain and selfish.

The humans didn't realize that demons were beginning to become bored with their species. Demons freely killed and feasted upon them. Those who watched just thought that whoever was eaten had done something wrong and they continued living, oblivious to the fact they everyone was preyed on. That they were the mouse and those they worshipped were the hungry cat.

Soon there was power divisions between the warlocks and demons. Now there were lesser demons and lesser warlocks. Those with considerably less power than the originals were pushed below and Shadowhunters began hunting the lessers. Killing them off. They killed those at the bottom and worked their way to the top of the chain.

The division created the Demon Court. The demon court was made up of the most powerful demons, the first ones that existed. There were nine places. Four queens and four kings and the the emperor. The emperor was the one who had control of the entire Court.

The Court was in complete control of what angels called the Downworld because demons came from Hell which was below the surface. Warlocks and demons were the only parts of the Downworld so far.

Angels began getting a hold on the humans. Teaching that they were the greater beings, which angered the demons. Thus creating the Demon and Angel War.

The Demon and Angel War was fought for 79 years. They didn't include humans but warlocks and Shadowhunters could fight. In the end there was no victor but they came to a compromise; angels would stay in the Heavens unless it was necessary and demons would move their residences to Hell but could stay on the surface as long as human casualties were kept to a minimum. As for warlocks and Shadowhunters, they had to stay on the surface and stop killing one another. Warlocks had to contain and control their impulses and power. Shadowhunters would have to make themselves useful to mankind and protect them for any foe, but if it was one another they were not forced to help them settle those scores.

In the 1500s, the Court came to an end. They were supposedly defeated by Shadowhunters in a very tough battle. But the half-angels emerged victorious, banishing the Court to the deepest parts of Hell

So that (⬆️) was the backstory of creation and whatnot. Of course more species in the Downworld were created later on. Now for the Court itself read on below (⬇️)

The Court (it might be referred to as the Demon Court or The Court or The Court of Demon Kings and Queens or some other name but it's all the same.)

When it says skilled doesn't mean the only thing they can do, it just means one of the things they do best.

The Court was composed of the most powerful demons. They reigned over everyone else, lesser demons, lesser warlocks, humans and had more control of the surface than angels.

The angel who had given into desire, Satan converted his angelic power into demonic power. He loved his new place among the higher demons he decided that they needed to showcase their power and he created the idea of the Court of Demon Kings and Queens. Four kings, four queens and one emperor who controlled them all.

So now that you have that information I can go on and introduce you to the actual kings, queens and emperor. All of the people in the Court had Marks.

Azai: a king. He excelled in necromancy. Had black hair and red eyes. His mark was red skin, black horns and a pointed, red tail.

Caelan: a king. He was very skilled in hexes, not to be confused with the more complex curse. He had green eyes and orange-red hair. He had a black barbed tail, the barbed spikes we're poison tipped.

Kano: a king. He was very skilled in potion mixing. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. Star-shaped pupils.

Asmodeous: a king. He was skilled in airborne battle, levitation and necromancy. He had black hair and brown eyes. Large black wings. (I changed his Mark to better fit the storyline)
************************************
Arabella: a queen. She was skilled in curses. She had white hair and clear pupils. (White hair and clear pupils are her Mark)

Kalila: queen. She was skilled in blood vows, which are extremely hard to break. She had hazel eyes and strawberry blonde hair. She has taloned hands.

Blood vows are when someone seals, a usually very dark, promise with blood. They slit their palm with some type of weapon and let some of their blood drip into another person's hand. This seals the promise and the consequences of breaking one are supposedly delt out by Kalila. She also created them and can be an overseer of when it happens.

Nala: queen. She was skilled in dark botany. Jet-black hair and dark purple eyes. Purple, reptilian slit pupils (horizontal slits).

Dark botany is poisonous plants. They also include things like nightshade and other magical plants that have devilish properties.

Zahra: a queen. She was skilled in different types of execution, meaning she has endless ways to kill someone. Light brown hair and dark green eyes.  Stag antlers

************************************

Kaisar: the emperor. He was expertly skilled in all forms of magic and war. The most ruthless and deranged of them all, there was one fact that scared them the most. He had black hair and his Mark is unknown.

You didn't really think I was going to tell you the fact, did you? This is how the world was shaped and brought up. So I really hoped you enjoyed because this is the foundation for the rest of the book. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me in the comments.

So comment, share and vote. It would really mean a lot to me if you did.

Be happy, stay strong and Love Yourself.
-Nat