Out Of Love

Alec POV

The days passed slowly and all too fast at the same time. The days turned into the weeks. And the weeks to months.

Magnus had been gone for almost two months. He fire messaged frequently and once or twice a week we would talk via portal.

Max, Isabelle and Jace were always over, trying to cheer me up. Isabelle was permanently here, she stayed in one of the extra bedrooms. Mom cooked meals and Jace brought them over.

The past week, the pain was getting easier to bear and I went to the Institute to visit my mother.

And I wished I hadn't.

My parents, if that's what I could call Robert, were constantly fighting. Yelling at each other over everything. About who should come visit, why they even got married, over me, over Max and Isabelle and Jace.

They were insufferable.

We were all sitting in the living room type area on the housing floor when they stomped by, screaming. Which was extremely unfortunate since the pain was not as dull as yesterday, when it had been almost completely non-existent.

"I've had it with you. Always acting as if they aren't your children" Mom screamed.

"That's it, I'll be back tomorrow" he yelled back.

"Great! Just great! Tell her hello for me. Maybe she'll give you four children too" Mom screamed and my heart stopped.

Her?

"Real classy Maryse. At least I can tolerate her. You are a self-obsessed pig who pretends that she is loyal to everyone and everything" Robert yelled back.

"Like you can talk about loyalty. We have four children and I am your wife. But you go and find a mistress to please you. And you admit to it, unashamed, it's despicable" Mom shouted, he voice laced with hatred and loathe for him.

"They aren't even all mine" he shouted back, and we all thought of Jace. He wasn't our blood but we all thought of him like he was.  "Alexander can go rot in Hell, him and that animal that he's so fond of keeping around. I don't know what happened to our firstborn, but it is not him. That bastard is not my son"

Max started crying. I pulled him into my lap and petted his hair, reassuring him that our father was just mad and didn't mean any of it.

"How dare you say that about your own son? Alexander is perfectly fine, you are the one with issues Robert" Mom seethed.

"As perfectly normal as the pet he calls a person. Alexander is demented. And the both of you can go be demented together, rot in Hell for all I care" he yelled. "I like Isabelle, I like Max and Jace. But Alexander is not my child. Never will I own something like that" he yelled.

Max started crying harder. I slowly rocked him, at a loss for words. Isabelle was silently crying and Jace held her hand, pretending he didn't notice because she was a strong woman and didn't like feeling helpless. Jace had a lone tear staining his face.

I tried to think of something that I could do for my siblings but nothing came to mind.

The only thing that I could think of was the fact that he seemed so set on disowning me.

"I've had it with you" Mom yelled.

"And yet you are still here" he retorted.

I prayed for some miracle to happen. For Magnus to come and save us all from our parents.

Nothing happened, I didn't expect something to. I just rocked Max as the pain in my body increased, along with thoughts of self-loathe.

How did someone's own parent hate them?