Explaining What Oblivious Angels Say (teaser)

Alec POV

I kissed Magnus' lightly on his forehead as I walked by to sit beside him on his couch. He was reading while petting Chairman Meow's head.

"Hey, Magnus" I said, getting his attention. Magnus set his book his book down on the coffee table and looked at me.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Uh. I was thinking about what Paris said yesterday and was wondering if you.. uh would explain it to me? If you don't want to you don't have to but I was just thinking about it" I told him lamely.

"Oh that. Sure" he replied.

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course. What would you like to know?" Magnus responded.

"Whatever you're willing to tell me" I responded truthfully.

"Great. So um.... before I was introduced to the whole Court thing I worked among angels. They found me and I was a trained warrior since I checked all if their criteria boxes. So I was put on the fleet. That's where I met Paris. I was good at my job and they moved me up to the blacklist ops" he told me.

"Blacklist ops?" I asked.

"Missions for the more skilled among the fleet. The higher risk, more important missions" he explained.

"Oh. Continue" I replied as I threaded my fingers through Chairman Meow's fur.

"Well I.. I uh... did that for about a century. Then I was recruited to the Court like a bunch of others with my skill set. And it's not like you could say no, they'd probably beat you and then take you against your will so it was easier to just say yes. And that's how I got into that, this, fucked up situation. Being too good at being bad is not a good thing" he said, a pained smile on his face.

"I was actually in the angel fleets. Paris has a tendency to blurt out things that don't make sense to anyone except people that where there, which is virtually no one since we're like 10,000 years old" be replied, caressing my hand where it was on top on Chairman's head.

"What do you mean by "checked all of their criteria boxes"? Do you have wings?" I asked.

"Yes" he replied. My eyes widened to the size of dinner plates.

"Really? Can I see them?" I asked, excited.

"Of course" Magnus told me.

Magnus started taking off his shirt which disturbed Chairman, so the adorable cat got up and ran away.

Magnus exhaled slowly and then his face scrunched up in pain. He barreled into me, his head landing on my shoulder.

Magnus POV

I fell headfirst into Alexander. The pain was unbearable. The feeling of my muscles being torn, and skin being ripped open was rocketing through my body. Bringing wave after wave of untoleratable agony as the base of my wings pushed it's way through my flesh. I could barely breathe through it.

I heard Alexander's panicked voice but I could not determine what he was saying. I dug my fingers into his back as I screamed into his shoulder.

I felt the feather wings against my back but my suffering was not over yet.

I felt the bones on the backside of my ribs mend together. Then my flesh and skin knitted back together around the base of my wings.

I took shaky breaths as the pain slowly melted away. I felt the wetness on my cheeks and blinked away a few more tears.

When I was finally able to move with out nearly screaming out in pain -which was nearly twenty minutes later- I moved to a sitting position.

"Are you okay?" Alec asked, face tense with concern. "That's a stupid question of course you're not okay. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better? If it was going to hurt so much you should've told me no. Why didn't you tell me no? Does it hurt that much everytime?"

"I didn't tell you no because the longer I waited the more it would've hurt. Better to get it over with sooner rather than later. It won't hurt this much everytime, the more often I do it the less it will hurt" I replied.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked.

I nodded slowly. "Touch my wings"

With question he reached his hand out and caressed the wings that laid across my back. He delivered long strokes to the soft feathers. I sighed contentedly and leaned back onto him as he continued to touch them.

"You are exquisite my love. Absolutely stunning" Alexander complimented as he skimmed his fingers over the top of my wings.

I unfolded the wings on my back and stretched them out. There was pain at first but it soon dulled as I reached my full wingspan. I flapped the wings experimentally a few times, nothing rough, just a few soft beats.

I eased the wings back down. I didn't fold them to my back, just let them lay on the arm of couch and then touch the floor when there was no more room.

"Wow. How long are they?" He asked, mesmerized by them. I leaned closer to him and Alec's hands returned to caressing my wings.

"Last time I checked I had a twenty foot wingspan. It's probably the same" I replied.

"You're beautiful Magnus. Completely and fully beautiful" Alec murmured in my ear causing shivers to run down my spine.

"You continue to surprise me" I told him.

"In good ways I hope" he responded.

"Of course. I love you"

"I love you too, Magnus. More than anything" Alec told me, running his fingers across my feathers and through my hair.

£££££££££££££££

I walked to the terrace. It was midnight and I can't sleep. I sipped my martini and stared outside thoughtfully. Night air blew through the huge wings that were neatly folded against my back. The goal was to be able to drink myself back to sleep but I didn't see that happening anytime soon.

"What are you doing up?" Alec asked me in a deep, husky voice.

He stood so close that I could feel his breath on my neck. One of his hands rested on my hip and the other one laid on my left wing.

"Couldn't sleep" I responded.

"You shouldn't drink in the middle of the night. Come back to bed with me. I don't like laying without you. It's too cold" Alexander lead me away from the terrace, stopping to close and lock the door, and to our bedroom.

Alec sat on the bed and gestured for me to follow, I did. Alexander laid down on the bed and I followed in suit.

"Magnus?" Alec said, gaining my attention

"Hmm?" I answered

"Why are your wings black?" He inquired.

I know that I haven't updated in about three days but I have been extremely busy. Schoolwork is being given by the pound and I just didn't have anytime to even think about updating. This is only about half of the chapter but I'm striving to push out the full chapter tomorrow and maybe another one the day after. This is just some goals but school likes to fuck up my goals and schedule.

Comment, vote and share. It would be fantastic if you did because when this book reaches 500 reads I will be doing a Q&A if I have submissions. I would love to hear your thoughts about my story.

Be happy, stay strong, and Love Yourself

- Nautilus