The After Party

Clary POV

"; Valentine" the male vampire said.

"What about him? Have you found my mother?" I asked frantically.

"No we haven't found your mother but someone else. Now this is interesting" Camille said.

"Then what is it?" I inquired.

"Raph can you please answer her, so she will shut up?" Alec asked. He is barely awake and he still hates me. I'd say something if Magnus didn't look like he'd kill someone

"Someone or something named Paris is being held in Valentine's compound. He is using Paris is to conduct experiments on and drain his power" who, I assumed was Raph, said.

"Paris isn't a something, he is a someone. He is an angel" Magnus said.

"An angel?" I asked. "An actual angel?"

"No, a fake angel". Magnus said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Alec nuzzled his face in Magnus' neck, he mumbled something that made his boyfriend laugh.

"How did they get their hands on an angel?" I asked.

"Paris was sentenced to 200 years on Earth because of something he did a while ago. Why he is still on Earth, I  don't know" Magnus said.

"Why do you know so much about him?" I asked.

"I've lived a long time and met many people" Magnus responded.

"We found out where he is staying" Camille told us.

"I've known that for a while" Magnus said, offhandedly.

"You have?" Jace and I asked at the same time.

"Yes" Magnus said, sounding annoyed.  "We'll talk about this more later, I'm going back downstairs to get drunk". With that he left.

I walked back downstairs and everything was going on as if there was not a fight, as if no one noticed we had left. Jace grabbed my hand and pulled me to dance with him.

Alec POV

I watched while Magnus took shot after shot, bottle after bottle. I was focused so intently on him I didn't notice the person coming up from behind me until there was a tap on my shoulder.

I grabbed my knife and was about to pull it out when I saw the man was probably too drunk to do me any harm. He was shorter than me by a few inches, blonde hair, golden-brown eyes and lightly tanned skin. His skin wasn't the deep honeyed color that Magnus' was but it was dark enough not to be considered pale.

"Hello blue eyes" he said, batting his eyelashes at me.

"Hey" I replied awkwardly. He smiled at me and went to touch my arm but I quickly sidestepped.

"Why don't you come back with me to my friends. We could have a great time" his voice was husky, pupils dilated in undisguised lust.

"Thanks for the offer but I'll have to decline because of ..... reasons" I replied and tried to quickly walk away but he grabbed my arms. His grip was like iron and even being the visibly buffer of us, I couldn't shake him. He grabbed the wine glass from my hand and put it on one of the trays that were being paraded around the room by waiters.

He led me to a secluded corner of the room. There were three other guys sitting on a couch. They were draped across one another, so I guessed that they had a more complex relationship going on. Or were too drunk to notice they way that they were laying against one another.

"Got someone for us to play with?" One of the men asked and I felt shivers run up my spine. My head felt fuzzy. Where had I gotten that drink from? What the hell was in it?