dix-neuf.

"Josh, I'm scared," Tyler whispered, pressed close to his boyfriend's side. The faded pink haired man rubbed Tyler's back reassuringly. He had a good understanding of why Tyler was scared, but he would never let anything bad happened to his baby boy. Not again. Besides he would like to think his parents were rather accepting. They had, after all, put up with him during his early twenties.

"Nana is nice papa! So is pop pop! You'll be okay," Olivia comforted from below, unbalanced in her cast and holding Josh for balance.

"I'm sure they are lovely, but flower," whatever Tyler was going to say was going to say was cut off by the front door opening. Josh held Tyler's waist tighter as the chaos began.

"Oh my poor rose bud!" Mrs. Dun cried, leaning down to lift the young girl off her feet and smothered her with kisses. Tyler watched as Olivia shrieked and gave her nana just as many kisses. Josh kissed Tyler's temple and stepped into the warm house. Tyler stepped in as well, awkwardly closing the door behind him.

"Joshua," a deep voice greeted, pulling Josh from Tyler and into a hug. The man must be Mr. Dun from his greying hair and similarity to Josh. Tyler wrapped his arms around himself, not sure what to do. His 'protectors' were occupied and he was in an unfamiliar home. Tyler breathed heavily under his binder. It was not necessary since he had surgery, but it made him feel safer.

Josh didn't know that he had slipped it on before they left. His boyfriend didn't want Tyler to hurt himself and he meant well, but he didn't understand. Tyler needed to feel safe and his binder gave him that feeling.

"And who is this?" Tyler shrank back from the question, looking down at his feet.

"My papa Ty!" Olivia cheered, Laura and Bill looked at their son, who shrugged. Josh moved to Tyler and tilted his chin back up so they could see the face Josh got to see snoring every morning. Even snoring, Tyler was pretty cute.

"Mom, dad, this is my boyfriend Tyler Joseph. Ty, these are my parents, Bill and Laura," Tyler shyly shook their hands and tucked himself back into Josh's side. Josh had called him his boyfriend, but he wasn't feeling very masculine today. Laura bit her lip, noticing how Tyler was practically hiding in her son.

"It's nice to me you, Tyler. Josh talks nonstop about you!"

"Mom!"

"Hush Joshua," Tyler grinned slightly at the interactions between mother and son, wishing he had gotten that with his own mother.

"Now Tyler, do you prefer to use male pronouns or they? Or should we just call you Tyler? Josh never specified." The brunet let out a small whimper, not expecting them to know what all that meant or that Tyler fell into that category. Tyler tightened his grip on Josh and resisted the urge to hide in his chest. Josh just gripped him back just as tight and reassuringly kissed his head.

"Male pronouns are good," he smiled sheepishly, watching Laura pass Bill Olivia, the toddler shrieking "pop pop pop pop," over and over again. Josh smiled brightly at his family and kissed Tyler's cheek once more. He could tell something was off with Tyler and just wanted to comfort him more.

"Nice to meet you son," Bill finally spoke towards Tyler, easily passing Olivia back to the brunet and heading back to where he came from.

"Lovely! Well Bill is outside with Jordan, the girls should be here any minute, and I'm gonna steal Josh quickly, if you do not mind?" Tyler shook his head, pressing a kiss to Olivia's head. Tyler and Olivia were left alone, Tyler not knowing exactly what to do with himself.

"Papa do you wanna see my room? It used to be daddy's," Tyler smiled and let the girl lead him up the stairs. Olivia knew how to keep him sane.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.