vingt et un.

holy smokes, this has 50 comments on it! i have never gotten that much before! thank you so much! please keep them coming!

  ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.  

"We. Are. Going. To. Miss. Santa. Daddy!" Each word was punctuated with a small hit to Josh's hip, the toddler very near tears at the thought of missing Santa.

"And we won't see him at all if you continue hitting daddy," Josh replied easily, the toddler's eyes widening almost comically and wrapping her arms around his thigh tightly, rush apologies spilling from her lips. Josh smiled at his daughter, rubbing her back gently to try and calm her. He couldn't run his fingers through her hair like he wanted because Hayley had done it up nice for the picture with Santa.

 He couldn't run his fingers through her hair like he wanted because Hayley had done it up nice for the picture with Santa

"We still see Santa?" Olivia whimpered, looking up at him with her watery green eyes. He felt bad for saying the Santa thing, but she had to learn that she was not going to get what she wanted through hitting people. Especially not him.

"Of course butterfly," Tyler's nickname had caught on better than rosebud, "Just no more hitting," she nodded into his thigh and lifted her arms up signal she wanted up. Normally he wouldn't spoil her by carrying her everywhere, but with her casted foot he found himself wanting to hold her more. And she hated the crutches so it was easier to just hold her.

"I miss papa," Olivia whispered to Josh, burying her face into his shoulder and yawning. No wonder she was cranky...

"I miss him too," the red haired man replied, setting Olivia down for a second to put their coats on and make sure she was bundled up nice and warm. Tyler had gone home to get some work done and his friend from school had come down to stay for the weekend. Josh did not want to be clingy, but he was so used to his boyfriend being in his home. It would be so much easier if Tyler just lived with them.

"Come on beautiful, Santa awaits," Josh tickled her side to get her to smile and stop thinking about Tyler for a little bit. Olivia cheered as they walked out the door.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

Three hours, four screaming toddlers (thankfully not his) and a pretzel later, Josh and Olivia had gotten their picture taken and were headed to the food court to get something to eat. Olivia had wanted pizza and while they waited in line Josh decided to send the picture to Tyler.

Darling: Look at my cuties!! How are you two doing?

Sugar: we miss papa a lot, but no tantrums yet

Darling: awe I miss you two as well <3 If O gets upset, just facetime me

Sugar: I didn't say she was the one who would throw a tantrum...

Darling: cute boy, you can facetime me too

Tyler smiled at his phone, though there was a sadness to it. He missed his little family a lot, but needed to get his Christmas shopping down. He felt horrible for lying to Josh about his friend coming over but he needed to get something special for his boyfriend. The jewelry bag in his hand felt incredible special and he hoped his boyfriend loved it.

The sadness did not come from missing his family entirely, but the fact they did pictures with Santa without him. Tyler did not like feeling insecure about things. It just felt weird, but Tyler knew it was probably not a big deal.

Tyler slipped his phone back into his pocket and made his way into another store to get some stuff from Olivia and Josh. He shopped for another hour, biting his lip as he passed Victoria Secret. He didn't want anything for him, but the thought of Josh in the lacey panties made his stomach twist in a good way. He would have to ask Josh about it.

Arms wrapped around Tyler's waist and lifted him off the floor, a manly squeal escaping Tyler's lips as he was lifted. Feeling familiar chapped lips against his neck had him breathing out in relief.

"Joshua!" Tyler scolded, hitting his boyfriend's arm until he let him down. Tyler wrapped his arm around Olivia's neck when she wrapped her arms around his legs.

"Hey butterfly," he greeted, his grin widening at the sight of her in her Christmas dress. It reminded him of so many years of being forced into one with Maddy... He shook those thought away to focus on the two lovely people with him right now.

"Missed you papa," the little girl whined into his stomach, Tyler shaking his head fondly at her.

"You see me during the day and after school all the time beautiful," he pointed out, carefully moving them all to the side so they were not blocking the walkway of the other mall patrons.

"Not the same," she pouted at him, Tyler agreeing with her as he lifted her up into his arms. He pressed a kiss to her head and then turned to press his lips to Josh's.

"And how about my other baby?" He asked, reaching one hand back to teasingly pat Josh's belly. The older man scowled at him and pinched his hip warningly.

"We're fine papa," Josh teased back, letting his fingers dip as far as they would go under Tyler's belt. The brunet's breath hitched and he hit Josh's stomach, gently but enough to cause him to grunt. Josh pulled his fingers back and kissed Tyler's cheek.

"Whatcha got there?" The red haired man hummed, attempting to look in Tyler's bags, but the brunet quickly hid them behind his back.

"Its for Christmas Joshua," he growled, sticking his tongue out at Josh's pout. The two grinned happily at each other before continuing on with their shopping, Josh carrying Tyler's bags as Tyler carried Olivia. They talked very little, but neither minded. It was a comfortable silence.

"What about your friend?" Josh suddenly realized, turning to look back at a sheepish Tyler.

"Yeah, about that... I just wanted to do some Christmas shopping," Tyler explained, biting his lip. Josh shook his head fondly and wrapped his arm tightly around Tyler's waist.

"I'll get you for that later," Josh whispered in his ear, slipping his hand into Tyler's back pocket briefly and giving his backside a quick squeeze. Tyler gasped in surprise, moving closer to Josh in embarrassment. The red haired man chuckled, rubbing Tyler's lower back.

The small family made their way through the mall, splitting up when they wanted to get gifts for the others, Josh raising his eyebrow at the Victoria Secret bag that Tyler came back with at one point. Tyler had stuttered out that they were for someone else, but Josh didn't press it. He would support his boyfriend whatever he wanted to do.

Tyler was effectively tired and ready to go home and take a nap when Josh stopped him by Santa.

"What are we doing?" He asked tiredly, glad Josh had taken Olivia because his arms were exhausted.

"Can't take a family picture without all of the family," Josh responded back, shrugging his shoulders as if it was the simplest thing ever. Tyler's lip quivered and Josh pulled him closer to his side. Tyler buried his face into Josh's side, overwhelmed with love and acceptance from Josh.

Even though he had to stand in the line again for another two hours, it was worth it to Josh to see the two people he loved most smiling together and to see the happiness in Tyler's eyes.

  ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.  

word count: 1,234 ( i shit you not ) 

i hope you guys enjoyed this fluffy chapter! i live for fluff like this! please let me know what you think!

question: do you guys miss sitting on santa's lap?

answer; hell no

it's finals week for me so sorry that my notes seem a bit weird and chaotic! but i passed both of my finals so far and have one more before my third semester of college is over! i can't wait!

until next time,

stay alive sunshines <3