trente-quatre.

Warnings: use of the f word, talk about bullying, explicit language, and a mention of suicide marked with ***,  stay safe frens <3

i love gerard this is not an accurate representation of him and very out of character!

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Don't call me that!" Tyler flinched back at the venom in Gemma's voice. He stood dumbfounded, looking between his stunned boyfriend and his angry friend. What the hell was going on?

"What is going on?" Tyler voiced his confusion, gently lifting Olivia from Josh's lap and shooing her to go back to coloring. She went warily, hugging Tyler's leg before hobbling back to her table. That kid was way too smart for her own good.

"I dated this asshole back in high school!" Gemma sneered, her lips were curled in a disgusting way that showed off her slightly crooked teeth. Tyler stared at Gemma in confusion. He thought she had only dated Frankie in high school... Seeing his confused look, Gemma huffed at him and rolled her eyes.

"The one that went around saying I was a chick with a dick," Gemma huffed at Tyler.

"I did not!" Josh defended, snapping out of his shock and standing up from the desk. Josh was not taller than either of them, but his muscle mass and the scowl on his face could have easily put him at seven feet tall. Tyler casted a quick look at Olivia, but she was staring at her paper intensely. She did not want to be involved and neither did Tyler really. Maybe he should go color or something with her?

"Yes, you did! You and your little football friends," Gemma exploded once more, her anger now focused on Josh. Tyler wanted to evaporate into the ground. He wasn't going to say that Josh didn't say those things because he didn't know Josh in high school, but he was a grown man now with a child. You had to let somethings go sometimes.

"I got tormented in high school," Gemma turned to Tyler, attempting to plead a case that Tyler didn't want to hear really. He had dealt with the same shit Gemma did, but he didn't have a Frankie to hold him together. No, he only had Jenna and the scathing remarks from his family.

"By his friends, because I was transgender!" Honestly Tyler wanted to tell Gemma to stop being dramatic, every trans person went through that and it wasn't like she was special or something. If anything, she had it a lot easier than Tyler or some of their other trans friends. Gemma's family accepted her and she had a boyfriend who loved her unconditionally in the time that she needed all that most.

***

One of Tyler's friends had killed themselves during this time because they felt uncomfortable in their body and their parents had kicked them out.

***

They were Gemma's friend as well, but Gemma had always been a bit too self-absorbed.

"I didn't even know that you were transgender!" Josh shot back, eyes drifting over Tyler briefly. He didn't like how his boyfriend was curled inward slightly and had that lost look on his face that never meant something good.

"See Ty! And now he is going to spread that kind of shit to his hellish offspring!" Gemma cut Josh off, Tyler slamming back into the conversation when Olivia was mentioned.

"Don't speak of her like that. I don't care if you are my friend, I'll break your jaw," Tyler's voice was dangerous, a lion protecting their cub, as he stared down Gemma. The red head looked surprised which quickly morphed to anger.

"You're defending him?"

"No, I'm defending an innocent child from your thirteen year old grudge! I cannot defend or get angry with any of Josh's actions in high school, I didn't know him then," Tyler said simply, making his way towards Olivia. He let Josh stop him, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Thank you," Josh whispered, though about Tyler defending Olivia or not believing Gemma's words, he did not know. Tyler nodded his head, tilting his cheek into Josh's lips before going to Olivia. The toddler was still staring at the table, but as Tyler got closer he could see her eyes were wet. He picked her up and gently rocked her whispering softly to her. It was going to take weeks to assure her that she was not hellish thanks to Gemma.

"First, keep my child out of this. Secondly, I meant that I didn't know you were a male before! You had always been a girl in my eyes and I had no clue that they were going to do any of that to you! And you refused to talk to me after. I tried desperately to talk to you and make you understand I had no problems with it and apologize. You didn't want to listen." Josh ranted, keeping his voice down so he didn't scare his daughter anymore than she already was.

"Then you left, and I was the new 'fag' in the school. I lost all my friends because they believed me to be gay because I dated a transgender woman. I had nothing after that incident and you want to play victim with me? Because I know someone who had a rougher go of it than you." Josh concluded, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh yeah? And whose that? You, a cisgender white male, who got called a fag once and thinks they need to gather rallies behind you?" Her words were cruel, but it sealed one fact in both Tyler and Josh's minds.

"No, Tyler." Gemma paused as if Josh had slapped her, probably just now remembering that Tyler was not born male. The brunet teacher paused, staring at his boyfriend intently.

"Tyler didn't have anyone in high school when he decided he wanted to be a male. He had Jenna, but his family continues to this day to call him by female pronouns. They even had the audacity to call him the mother of my daughter when I first met them. Tyler went through all of this alone and I am glad that myself, my family, and our daughter are now here for him so he knows he is worthy of everything and I will give him that," Josh's eyes were focused on Tyler, smiling at the watery smile on his boyfriend's lips. He was hiding his face in Olivia's shoulder, but he wasn't sad crying. Gemma was staring at them in disbelief, guilt covering her face.

"I'm sorry for what happened in high school, I have paid for it greatly believe me, and I have been trying everyday since the incident to be a better person, but that's all I can offer you." Josh shrugged, quickly gathering Tyler and Olivia's belongings before heading to his small family. He wrapped them in his arms, attempting to lead them out of the room. Gemma's voice paused them.

"Apology accepted," her voice was quiet, but Josh and Tyler heard it regardless. Josh nodded his head in acceptance, done talking about the past. He led his family out of the school, grinning happily when Tyler pressed their lips together. Olivia was whining about being pressed between their chests, but they ignored her for the minute.

"I love you Joshua," Tyler whispered, a bright smile on his lips. Despite all the revelations, he was glad for how Josh handled it. Josh beamed back at his boyfriend and couldn't help but reciprocate the words. His love for Tyler Joseph was endless.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

Word Count: 1,217

so i wrote this as an update but, chapter 37 is rather sad and dark and i cannot wait to share it with you guys because it is so dramatic and different from the fluff that is the majority of this book and i can't wait for you to see it!

i really hope you guys enjoy this chapter, please let me know how much you do because it inspires me to write more!

until next time,

stay alive sunshines <3

 Ø  10000  Ø  seize  Ø