trente et un.

"Sorry you have to spend your new years at home with a sick toddler."

Tyler stared at Josh in surprise, his fingers pausing where they were running through Olivia's hair. The toddler had caught a nasty stomach bug a couple days after Christmas and refused to leave Tyler or Josh's side, clinging to them when they were close enough. She also had been having nightmares lately and would sneak into their bed, feeling safer when Josh was present.

Tyler didn't mind her clinginess, it felt nice to be needed and he would be lying if he said that hearing her calling his name from her bedroom to sing her to sleep didn't cause his heart to flutter.

"Why would I want to be anywhere else," Tyler asked confusedly, shifting Olivia so the sniffling toddler was laying on his chest and not his side. He had never been into going out for new years anyhow. He usually stayed home in his pajamas and waited for his mother to call him at midnight. This year was different of course. His first new years with Josh physically in front of him.

The two were seat on the couch, Josh in only a pair of sweats, his shirt pulled off long ago. Tyler had a matching pair of sweatpants on and a black loose fitting tank top since he wasn't feeling too comfortable with his scars today. They were all covered in snot and drool from their sick child between them and their coffee table was covered in bottles of water, used mugs, and half-eaten Chinese take out boxes. Disney's countdown to the new year was on, some weird movie playing that Olivia had fallen asleep during, but they did not care enough to turn it off.

It was perfect in Tyler's eyes.

"But," Josh began, but Tyler reached forward to grab his jaw and pull him into a kiss to stop his words. Josh reached forward and held Tyler's cheek, rubbing his thumb against the prominent bone there. Josh always worried that one day Tyler would get annoyed with caring for Josh's child and leave. Once he pulled from the kiss, he voiced those fears to the other man, letting his eyes flutter shut when Tyler stroked his cheek gently.

"I'll never get upset with caring for Olivia," Tyler whispered, holding Olivia closer to his chest.

"She is practically my kid as well, if you'd allow it," Tyler continued, blushing. He liked to think of Olivia has his child, but there was always a fear there that Josh would always be the more relevant parent. He could never be equal to Josh in Olivia's eyes.

"I don't think she would allow me to not allow it," Josh grinned, leaning down to press his lips to Olivia's sweaty hair and brushed it out of her face. He hoped that she would get over this cold soon. Tyler smiled softly at the image they made and shifted so he was cuddled into Josh's chest. The older man wrapped his arms around his family and together they watched the weird show about a dog with a blog, apparently Tyler couldn't follow it too well.

At midnight, they shared a sweet kiss, waking their sick girl up to kiss her before she cuddled into them to go back to sleep. Tyler smiled happily, the small family falling asleep together on the couch. Thankfully, the phone call never came.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

Word Count: 571 

guys chapter 34 is crazy, dramatic! i hope you guys are all having a good day, please let me know how you like this chapter!

until next time,

stay alive sunshines <3