vingt-huit.

"Now Tyler, since you're new to the Dun family you get to open the first present!"

Tyler blushed, ducking his head into Josh's side slightly when everyone turned towards him. Since it was Christmas, not only were the Duns present, but their significant others as well. Though only Josh's sisters really had partners, but it was still two people that Tyler did not know all that well.

"It's fine really, Olivia can go," Tyler stammered, wanting the attention off him, but even the toddler shook her head from where she was balanced in Bill's lap.

"Papa, open mines first!" She cheered, leaning precariously (enough for Tyler and Josh to both cringe forward to catch her if need be) over the side of the chair to grab a bag with Tyler's name written in big, slanted letters on it. She passed it to him and beamed as she sat back into her pop pop.

"I thought you already got me a gift, peach?" Tyler said in confusion, pulling the tissue paper out of the bag and pulling the present from inside. His eyes automatically started to water at the gift. It was a hand painted mug with (in Laura's handwriting) 'Best Papa Ever'. He looked at Laura, who simply smile at him fondly. That explains the one day that Josh brought Olivia home covered in paint.

"Thank you so much peach! I'll use it everyday," he smiled, carefully placing the mug down and leaning over to kiss her on the cheek in thanks. Josh moved the gift to the side so it didn't get mixed up in wrapping paper once the family got going. He was extremely happy at how well his family had taken to Tyler. Even Jordan, who was ganging up on Josh with Tyler in Mario Kart just an hour ago.

After Tyler, the rest of the family began opening their gifts, most just watching Olivia's excitement with each present handed her way. Tyler and Josh both took the liberty of piling their opened gifts between them so they didn't get lost or ruined. Tyler was down to his last gift, the one from Josh, when he noticed that Josh had his gift in his hand as well. Josh was staring intently at Tyler, wanting to see his reaction. The teacher smiled fondly before carefully unwrapping the small box and opening it.

A key. A key with Anna and Kristoff from Frozen on it. The brunet looked at his boyfriend in question.

"I was wondering if you'd move in with us?" Josh asked sheepishly, stunning Tyler slightly. The rest of the family had gone quiet watching the exchange carefully.

"I know it is a big step," Josh rambled instantly when Tyler didn't reply back fast enough, "but you already spend so much time there and its better than your little apartment," Josh's rambling was cut off when Tyler pressed their lips together. Josh's tense shoulders sagged in relief and he leaned more into the kiss ignoring Jordan call of 'Ew' from across the room.

"I'd love to move in with you guys," Tyler whispered happily, reaching up to stroke Josh's cheek tenderly. Everyone cheered around them, causing Tyler to jump and blush, hiding his face in Josh's chest. He stared there while Josh opened his present, the entire room going quiet once more.

"Ty," Josh whispered in disbelieve staring at the small ring in the box. It was a small band, thinner than a traditional wedding band and had a little heart on top of it. Josh stared between the ring and Tyler, too afraid to touch it.

"So listen honey," Tyler whispered, carefully taking the ring from the box and sliding to the floor in front of Josh, careful that both his knees were down to not give anyone false hope.

"This last year with you as shown me so many things, shown me that I'm beautiful, that I'm important and given me a life outside of my job," Tyler begun, reaching forward to hold Josh's hand and stroke it gently. "And I want to give that to you," Tyler smiled, his eyes stinging with tears.

"You already give me that Ty," Josh interrupted, his voice rough with emotion as he stared down at his boyfriend. Tyler rolled his eyes fondly at his boyfriend and shushed him.

"I know Joshie, but this ring isn't an engagement ring," he blushed when the women in the room sighed in disappointment, but Josh looked relieved, "but it is a promise. A promise that one day it will be an engagement ring and as long as we are together, I'll never stop letting you know how important you are to me," Tyler whispered, letting his fingers stroke Josh's wrist as the red haired man nodded his head eagerly.

"Of course sweet boy," Josh whispered back, letting a grin split his cheeks as Tyler slipped the ring on his right ring finger. The cheering started once more as Josh pulled Tyler up from the floor and kissed him passionately. The two of them couldn't stop smiling, it was an amazing Christmas.

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

word count: 849

hey guys! how has your 2019 been so far? i have become the sales lead at work (meaning i get at least 20 hours a week!) and i just got e-mailed back about my possible internship so i'm equally stressed and excited! 

i hope you guys like this chapter! let me know what you think please!