Bohemian Rhapsody

It was a Friday night, everyone was going to bars, enjoying the night or just relaxing and watching some Netflix. Carol thought of all the Friday nights she lost, running around for gigs, trying to pay the rent, figuring out how she could decrease her bills and in the middle of that, work with something she loves.

The sky was grey, the clouds were gathering around and it truly looked like it was about to get into some heavy rain. She ran fast, feeling like her lungs were about to explode, the air was not enough to keep up with her pace. She felt the cold, making her shiver, as the firsts raindrops started falling from the sky, right into her head. Holding her backpack tight, close to her body, Carol kept running and running, until, finally, she was were she wanted to be all day.

Home.

At first, she couldn't find her keys, then, it just fell on a water hole, which definitely wasn't helping with her mood. She sighed, putting her hand on that disgusting hole. Finally, she opened the door, shaking her hand all around, splashing the water on the floor, "God dammit" Carol said, pretty upset.

"Oh Carol how the hell did you get that wet" Maé said, while Crown kept laughing at how goofy Carol looked "you're cleaning the floor after this".

 "I know, I know" she responded, putting her backpack on the table.

 "Where were you! We were worried!" Josie said, bringing Carol a towel.

 "I was looking for a job, as always, I can't take working at that pizza place anymore, singing happy birthday to people I never seen in my life" she answered "Why did I leave Brazil again?"

"Because you wanted to be a movie maker? Maybe that's it?" Maé said.

"Oh and because you guys have the devil for president" Crown filled in, "Yeah, that makes sense" Carol said. 

"Do you want some dinner?" Josie asked "Maé made weird pasta with ketchup". 

 "hell no ketchup sucks, I'm just going to take a shower and go to bed, I'm really tired" Carol said, throwing her backpack inside her room. 

"Okay, good night!" Josie added.

"Isabella said BOA NOITE on the group" Maé said "you should check more the phone".

 "I will, I will" Carol said.

At the shower, Carol just fell apart. She set on the floor, thinking of how bad she missed her momma and some home made Brazilian food. She thought about how she dreamed of moving to Los Angeles since she was a little girl, even going to college to study film making. She had a nice portfolio, she took nice pics, she was good at what she works, but getting into the competitive and closed film making world was hard. She looked in the mirror and well, she looked tired, just like everyday.

Carol laid in her bed, she put the headphones and listed to These are the days of our life, finding some comfort in music, like she always does. She imagined how it would be to be close to them, her idols, how amazing it would be to see them live, and of course, how it would be to meet Freddie Mercury. Not close after that last thought, she fell asleep.

...

"YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED" Josie yelled while shaking Carol "WAKE UPPPPP!".

 "who's dead, what happened, did trump get impeached? Or Bolsonaro? You must have a good reason to wake me up so early in the morning " Carol said, putting a pillow over her head.

Josie threw the pillow far away.

"I'M GOING TO BE ASSISTANT TO THE COSTUME DESIGNER FOR HE MOVIE BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY" Josie yelled once again, making Carol jump out of bed "YOU WHAT"

 "YES" josie couldn't help the excitement.

 "HOW" Carol hugged her friend.

 "MY BOSS RECOMMENDED ME" josie hugged  her back.

 "YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME" Carol yelled, hugging her friend again.

 " YOU'RE GOING TO BE RICH NOW, YOU CAN PAY THE BILLS ".

 "NOT SO FAST CAROL" Josie laughed.

 "OK BUT I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!".

As Josie danced around the room, laughing, exploding from happiness, with her 70's big blouse floating around, Carol thought about how happy she was for her friend, but also, how much she wanted something good like that to happen to her.

Everyone had their thing. Crown was out there been an amazing photographer and getting her gigs. Maé was working as an assistant for movie and propaganda scripts and now, Josie was on her way to been a fashion star. Of course Carol felt happy for her friends, I mean, how wouldn't she? Her friends were always there for here, helped her move out of Brazil, accepted sharing this apartment, always with incentive, for her to pursue her career, even letting Carol not pay rent once or twice, knowing she just didn't have the money. But she couldn't help feeling a bit jealous. She was stuck, they where thriving.

Around 10 o'clock Carol went to work, not that much excited, as usual. Her uniform was itchy and dirty from last night, with some sauce spots and coca cola marks. She walked into the pizza place, going straight to the employees' room. She put her backpack in the locker, also with her jacket full of holes, but before locking it, she saw something unusual. There was this punk girl and punk boy laughing, right outside the window. She didn't know why they were laughing, but it was something different, and different always catch Carol's eye. She took her camera out of the backpack, it was literally the only valuable thing she had, besides her cellphone. And right in the moment she clicked the button to take the picture...

"Hey, pizza lady with a camera, can you please tell me where the bathroom is?" A nice boy, with a sweet smile and blonde hair asked.