Pepperoni

"Yeaaah?" she answered, taking two steps back.

There were four men sitting on the table. One of them was very tall, he was hiding his face behind the menu, she could hear him laughing. The other one was laughing with his hand in front of his mouth, he had brown hair and very kind eyes. The other one had a small smile, shaking his head, from one side to another, in some sort of disapproval? She couldn't tell, he had the cutest smile and a very distinct look, and the last one, well it was Ben, the guy with a hard time peeing.

"You are so...unique, did anyone ever tell you that?" Ben said, laughing " I mean, you just made the funniest face just because someone you don't know called your name".

 "Maybe I have a stalker and I just didn't know, I gotta be prepared" she answered, trying to make a point.

 "Why would have a stalker, darling? Are you famous and we haven't recognized do or is FBI after you? " the guy with the cute smile said, giving Carol a big smile.

 "Well I don't know ok, ask google, he has all the answers, I just write what pizza you want" She said " by the way I feel like I know you from somewhere..." Carol stared at the boy, trying to recall where the hell did she know him for " OH I KNOW FROM WHERE!" she felt relieved.

 "This is going to be fun" Joe said, holding his giggle.

"TWILIGHT" she said, loudly "YOU ARE THAT BOY WHO PUNCHED THE FLOOR AND OPENED A WHOLE TO...SOMEWHERE??"

The moment she said twilight everyone on the table started laughing so hard she thought someone was gonna pee and she would be the one to clean it.

"Dear jesus" the boy said, laughing and hiding his face on his hands "couldn't you have said Mr Robot?".

"Oh hell no I've never seen that show I'm sorry I don't have cable, I'm poor I only got Netflix and poor internet signal" she answered, looking at all those boys laughing.

"I already love this girl, please let's be friends and make fun of Rami together" the guy with brown her said.

"Of course but you will have to share some internet with me so I can google more about him" she said and everyone laughed again "by the way, what's you name?"

"He's Joe, the tall one is Gwilym, in front of you is Rami and we've met before" Ben said.

"I totally forgot you name I'm so sorry " Carol joked.

"Oh it's..."

"I'm joking Ben " Carol said, getting a bit distracted, because Flash, by Queen, started playing on her headphone and she really wanted to sing and dance " Funny fact, did you guys know the song Flash by Queen was used on the trailer for that fighting game, Clash Royal?"

"That is a very random thing to say " Gwilym said " oh I really never realized that"

"Me neither, my god " Joe said.

"Yeah, I could never listen to that song again without singing the damn Clash Royal song!" Carol said.

"Do you really know the lyrics for the game? " Ben asked, smiling, curious.

"OF COURSE I DO, it goes like CLASH ROYALE, DESAFIE TODO MUNDO! " she started singing and dancing, pretending her pen was a microphone " CLASH ROYALE, ESQUELETOS E RELAMPAGOS, O DUELO EM TEMPO REAL, SEMPRE TEM UM NOVO RIVAL, MANDE AS TROPAS PELO CHÃO, LANCE FOGO DO CANHÃO, DESTRUA O REI, A EXPLOSÃO, CLASH...ROYALE " she finished, and after she realized what she had done, she was very embarrassed, but fought to not show it.

All the boys clapped, looking confused and entertained.

"I have no idea of what you said, but that was so entertaining " Ben said, still clapping " what language was that and why do you speak it?"

"I'm...wait for it... " she said, making a pause " that pause was for someone to try to guess, boys"

"Oh, was that...Spanish? " Joe said.

"Joe, you're disqualified, we are not friends anymore, please leave"

"But why?" he looked worried.

"You're Brazilian aren't you " Rami said " that's the only explanation why you would get so angry about that"

"Well I don't come to America assuming you have British accent " she said, trying to make a British accent, "or go to London expecting a American way of talking, actually I don't go to France expecting to hear Italian!".

"That was so cute" Ben smiled, very charming and Carol blushed " what else gets you mad like that, little girl?"

"Not getting a tip" she smiled " also please order or my boss will kill me".

"I want a peperoni pizza and to see you on Friday " Ben was very direct, which surprised Carol and all his friends.

"That was not subtle at all " Rami said.

Carol didn't know what to answer. She was too chocked for that.

"You just scared the girl, Ben " Gwilym commented.

"Well my band is going to play on Friday, at the Kings and Queens, you know, that lame bar on the end of the avenue – she answered, without thinking much " I would enjoy having more then 5 people there to help me make money

"You have a band?" he said.

"A rock band"

"That's interesting"

"It's the thing I do when I have free time"

"I'll see you there, maybe"

"Ok, maybe"

With that maybe, Carol felt her entire body freeze. Her anxiety almost made her throw up. Carol always had this persona, this excited crazy personality while interacting with other people, so she would hide how shy and anxious she actually was. Normally she wouldn't care about that, but with Ben, she did, she did care a lot. She didn't say anything else and with a small shy smile, she turned her back to order his pizza, without taking anyone else order, and with her heart beating so fast she was afraid she was going to faint.