Beach

"Are you really buying me a bikini? " Carol said, watching Ben drive.

"Would you like to go to the beach wearing your uniform?" Ben said.

"Good point" she said, with Ben leading the way to a store.

He had this thing, this way of showing that he'd look out for her, to show that he cares, that was always leading her by the waist, holding it softly, as Carol always would lean close to him. She felt protect but also suspicious, not because of him though, but for all the times she was mislead by men, for been away from this sort of relationship for so long, she just wasn't used to it anymore. Most of the boys she went out before did not get this close, this protective so early into going out, most of them just wanted to use her for sex or to comfort some empty space in themselves, it was never about her.

They went into the store and Ben set down, waiting for Carol to decide which ones she liked the most, but the girl was so indecisive, 10 minutes gone by and she was still looking around. She asked for his help and they searched for a nice bikini together. Carol always targeted the cheapest ones, unlike Ben, that always looked at the most expensive ones, that was a big difference between the two of them, the money gap, one rich, one poor.

"This one " Ben showed Carol a dark blue thong with an also dark blue small bikini top.

"If I use this I'll have to get it surgically removed from my ass " Carol stretched the underwear in front of Ben, making him laugh " Although this is pretty much what they use in Brazil, the dirtiest bikinis on earth."

"At least try it! What if you like it? " Ben insisted " it's such a beautiful color".

"Yeah I bet you were only thinking about the color" she threw her purse at him "I'll be back in a minute"

Not long after that, Carol came back holding the bikinis on her hand.

"Ok they looked good though I need to loose some weight and..."

"Carol, did you like it darling?" he interrupted her before she started depreciating herself even more.

"Yeah..."

"Then this is it " he got the bikini from her hand and went to the cashier " Debit, please, mate."

Carol stood back, looking at that boy buying her a bikini, 'this is so weird' she thought, trying to remember the last time someone bought her something.

"Merry early Christmas, darling" he gave her the bag with the bikini.

"Thank you, Ben" she gave him a soft kiss on the cheek " Christmas in only, like, two month from now"

"I know, by the way, what are you doing for Christmas?" He asked, as they walked out of the store.

"Oh, probably get drunk and eat bad Maé's food and pass out drunk" Carol answered, as Ben opened the door for her "What about you?"

"Oh I'm spending with my friends"

"You mean your actor friends?"

'Exactly, you are very smart you know that? " he joked " we are on a movie together"

"Ahh are the ones at the bar last Friday?"

"Yes them"

Ben and Carol talked some more, about Christmas traditions and how they grew up so different, their cultures were almost opposite, which just made things even more interesting, getting not only to know each other better but also what made them like that. Ben saw the nostalgia in Carol's speech, how she missed a nice family Christmas, exchanging presents and eating a nice meal, talking about how grateful they are for being around loved ones. That broke his heart, she was such a special sweet girl going through a really rough time, she got out of her comfort zone to move to a completely different country, that takes a lot of courage and that gave him an idea.