The Rain

Maé and Josie were sharing an uber to their first meeting with the crew from Bohemian Rhapsody. They never thought they would end up working together, but were excited about it. Both of the girls were in silence, maybe for been so nervous, It really was a big deal, a big gig, a big thing. Maé had her headphones, listening to some French song, while Josie was drawing a piece of a very 70's clothes. The pencil passed in the paper thin, very softly, almost as she was painting, while josie kept her eyes straight on the point of the very shaped pencil, seeming so concentrated, transcending the image of been very calm, when, her heart was beating fast. Maé, on the other way, was completely distracted, looking like she was in a completely different planet, that was her way of dealing with that much stress, been a little away from her phone, from the rest of the world.

The ride was very fast and in a blink of an eye, they were already at the place of the meeting.

"See you in there girl, kick some ass! " Maé said, taking one of her headphones off, giving her friend a big, confident smile.

"You too " Josie answered, with a shy smile, holding her little notebook tight " I hope everything goes well"

"It will, just trust yourself"

"Okay " she put a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Josie looked at her very loud shoes while walking fast to the meeting room. She couldn't hep to feel a little embarrassed from the noise, but she was very happy about how good they looked on her and in that path, walking fast and not looking forward, Josie tripped on someone's foot, almost falling badly, but before she could hit the floor, she felt big arms holding her, very close to the floor. She held her notebook even tighter, with one arm, and with the other, Josie held the arm of the stranger.

"Are you okay dear? " he said, worried, but also calmly.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I was looking at my..."

"Feet, I know how that is, I do that a lot too " he laughed, gently, pulling her up " I hope you didn't hurt yourself"

"No, I'm okay, you don't have to worry " Josie replied, fixing her skirt.

"I'm Gwilym by the way, nice to meet you " he gave her a big charming smile " are you working on the movie as well?"

"Oh, I'm Josie " she answered " and yes I am".

"Well, then I see you soon, right?" he said, taking a couple of steps back, on the way to the meeting room.

"Oh I was wondering where the meeting was".

"Come with me, I get lost in here sometimes too" he put his hand, gently, on her back, guiding the way.

Josie shivered with Gwilym touch. He was so handsome and polite, also incredibly charming. She wondered what was he doing on the movie and if she would had the chance to see him again, work close to him.

In the room, he gave her a quick goodbye, followed by a sweet smile and set down next to other three men. The started talking about something, but Gwilym kept looking, not so discreetly, to Josie and that made her blush. She tried to pay attention to her draw, but she could only keep her eyes on him.

"Good Morning ladies and gentlemen, shall we start? " the producer said.

The meeting took a couple of hours and it was very exhausting, she had so much to do and this was her first time on a big production. She looked to Maé, imagining if she was feeling lost too, but her friend was really busy typing on her small notebook. After the meeting was over, Maé had to stay for a little while, she had to give each actor the first scrip, explaining one or two things about the creative minds behind it. So josie got up and went to the parking lot. It was raining a lot and there were no ubers accepting her request

"Dammit" she said taking her umbrella out and walking into the rain to catch a bus.

"Josie! " she heard her name been yelled, she turned back to look trough the rain, and there he was, Gwilym, running towards her, in the middle of the rain, holding her notebook.

"Ouch!" he said, hitting his head on the top of the umbrella " you are very short or I'm very tall "he laughed, and his smile made her heart stop for a moment, "I think you are twice my height " she said, giggling.

"Here's your notebook! You forgot on the meeting" he said, handing her the a bit wet notebook.

"Thank you so much, I wouldn't know what to do with it"

"What do you keep in it?" he asked, curious "if you don't mind telling me, of course"

"Oh, it's okay" she said " here are all my clothes idea for the movie"

"Wow, that's amazing, will I look good in them?" he said.

"I'm sure of that " she looked at her feet, shy.

"Maybe you could show me" Gwilym asked " we are going to this bar tonight, it would be a pleasure having you there with us"

"S-Sure" Josie said, without really thinking about it.

"I can give you a ride, we are going in a couple of minutes, would you mind waiting a bit?"

"I don't mind waiting"

"Then come with me " once again, he put his hand of her back, and walked Josie, with their bodies closely, trying to escape the rain.