Hold me tight

It was finally Christmas morning.

For the first time since they started going out, both Ben and Carol slept together. Yes, it was because of a horrible situations, but still, it felt so natural to them and Carol couldn't stop thinking that they should have done it sooner. 

The bedroom curtains were not fully closed, so there was some sunlight getting in the room. The windows were covered in small raindrops, due to the light rain that was falling from the sky, finally getting a break from the intense pouring rain. There was a entire different vibe from last night in the room, it felt like a new beginning was about to start. The trees outside the apartment looked beautiful, just dancing around due to the small breezes coming along. It felt like the calmness after the storm had arrived, metaphorically and literally.

They had slept close to one another, with Ben hugging her from behind and Carol holding his hand close to her lips, dreaming of all sorts of things she couldn't remember while feeling safe and warm on his arms.

Carol woke up, stretching her arms wide open, on where should be Ben's body. She got confused when she didn't stumble upon him and that made her sit down fast. She looked all around the room, searching for him. He wasn't in the bathroom, the door was wide open so she could see there wasn't anyone in there. She was about to get up when the bedroom door opened smoothly. Carol released a relief sigh, looking at her handsome man walking towards her with a sweet smile, wearing only his sweatpants. He sat down in front of her and the first thing he did was give has a soft kiss on her warm lips. He touched her cheek with such tender it filled her with joy.

"How are you feeling, my love?" he asked, politely, taking her hand.

"A lil better" she replied, still trying to adapt her sight to the brightness of the room.

"I know you just had a rough night, but I still wanted to wish you Merry Christmas" he smiled, giving her another kiss.

"Merry Christmas, baby" she felt like she could finally give a small smile and she did.

"I know this is a surprise, but i got you something" he said, picking up something from underneath the bed.

"Oh you didn't have to, I'm so sorry i didn't get you anything" she said, astonished. 

Carol started to unwrap the box, it fell light, so light it seemed there was nothing inside.She had no idea what he got her. Ben looked at her, anxious about her reaction, he knew what he got her was a very bold move and her reaction could be very good or very bad. It could be a deal breaker, that would just end their relationship right away, or just make it blossom even more. But he felt something he never had before, it was true love, the urge to take care of her, to love her, to make her safe and protect her at all costs, the feeling of wanting so bad for her to make her dreams come true. He looked at that pretty little girl in front of him, so full of dreams and with such big will to become greater, he was so proud of everything she was and everything she wanted to be. And he wanted to be there, by her side, supporting her through all of it.

He loved her, but well, he was afraid of saying those 3 little words, that carry so much with it.

"I know this is too much and I know you just went trough something very intense, but I've been planing this since the day you showed me your portfolio for the first time" he said, as Carol looked astonished at all the papers in front of her "you're so creative, innovative, you just need that one chance to shine and lit the world with your creations and innovations, you were born to be a star and I knew it the day I saw you singing Love of my Life from the top of your longs, when I saw the passion in your speech about Film Making, about telling stories, about registering moments, you're a queen who deserves a change to shine,  to rule" he took a deep breath "and I know you said you didn't want me to help you find a job in this industry, but all I did was give you the opportunity to show the world what an amazing artist you are, so yeah, I sent your portfolio to our producer, with all the recommendation letters I could get, that includes Josie's letter, Maé's, Gwil's, Joe's, Rami's, Lucy's and of course, mine. I did this for you and you didn't get this job because you're...with me...it's only because you are hard working, you're amazing, I just gave you the opportunity you deserved and I hope" he held her hands  tight "I hope you won't get mad at me, because I want you to be in my life, because I want you to shine bright, because I want you to get what you deserve, I want us to never end, I don't want to feel another touch, don't want to start another fire, don't want to know another kiss, no other name falling off my lips, don't want to give my heart away to another stranger or let another day begin, won't even let the sunlight in, I'll never love again" Ben felt the tears begging to fall "I love you".

When Ben finished his speech, all the tears that she held, just started falling without her even realizing. She could barely breathe, from holding the air in her lungs so tight, just waiting for him to finish, while trying to believe that was really happening. She looked at those green eyes, trying to understand what was going on inside his head to actually care about, as she always felt she never deserved love. Carol held the papers tighter, looking at all those words that made no sense to her.

"Did you get me a job at Bohemian Rhapsody?" she gagged while saying that "Are...are we moving to London?".

This was definitely not what Ben expect to hear, actually, that was the only reaction he wasn't expecting. He kept looking at her watery eyes, reading the papers all over again.

"Oh, yeah, that's...that's the contract right there, you just have to sign and...you're in" He said and was taken by surprise by Carol jumping on his lap, hugging him tight, even accidentally smashing the contract. She kissed him deep, intensely, with all her love and soul. He could feel their tears mixing on their facing, making them both wet. Carol hugged him once again, resting her head on his shoulder, still crying and then looked at him, holding his face with both her hands, looking deep into his beautiful green eyes.

"I'm saying this not because you just made my dream come true, I'm not saying this because you bought me things or because you have the best kiss in the world, I'm not saying this for any reason besides of what you make me feel" Carol said "I love you, Ben Hardy".