I will never leave you

"Sit here, babe" Ben said, leading Carol by the waist, as always, to sit in his bed "you're all wet, would you like to take a hot shower? I think that might help" he squatted , holding her hands, right in front of her, she replied with a yes nod.

Once again, Ben guided Carol to the bathroom, he kept the lights low, the way he knew she enjoyed more. 

"Can I help you with your clothes?" Ben asked, respectfully.

Carol nodded yes with her head again.

Ben took her long sleeve shirt, leaving her only with her dark bra. As soon as he took it off, he saw a dark red, almost purple, bruise on her left arm and he knew right away that was part of the mystery of what had happened to her. He didn't say anything, he thought it was a better idea for him to wait for her to tell it when she felt comfortable to open up, so he just helped her take the pants off. He gently helped her get into the shower, opening the hot water for her, as she set on the floor, looking down, with no life in her eyes. The water started falling down, hitting her body so softly it felt like a stroke, which really did calm her down. 

Carol remembered all the hot showers she took to feel better, it was one of her healthy coping mechanisms, on dealing with depression and anxiety. What she hasn't told Ben yet is that she had been dealing with depression and anxiety for years, handling quite well the last couple of months, especially since she met him. Ben gave her the security, the care and love she needed in such a crazy moment of her life, he was, for her, like breathing fresh air after drowning for so long, he was the stability she needed to walk on such a unstable line that was following her dreams, he was the coach she never had to give her incentive on her talents. 

They didn't know each other for that long, but they got very intimate very fast, they matched each other, even with all the differences they had, they made each other happy, they trusted each other, like they never did with anyone else.

"I was changing my clothes to go home when he walked in, my boss" Carol said, so low it sounded like a whisper "I didn't expect him to show up like that".

Ben was sitting right next to her, outside the box shower, just looking at her and afraid, afraid of what she would say. 

"He came in and said if I didn't give him a blow job, he would fire me" she looked at her feet, with her red nail polish almost all gone "So I told him I quit" she took a long pause "he didn't like my attitude, so he grabbed me by the arms and tried to kiss me without consent, I tried to push him away but he was stronger than me" once again, a long pause "he was holding me so tight it hurt, so I kicked him in the balls and ran away, I just ran as fast as I could, until my lungs were about to burst".

Ben had no idea of what to say, he couldn't believe someone would do that. He was so angry someone had hurt the woman he loves the most, he couldn't understand how someone would have the courage to hurt such a sweet hard working girl. He wanted to punch the walls, kill that man with his own hands, to make him suffer how much she was suffering, but he knew that's not what he should do, she needed support and that's what he was going to give her.

"I'm afraid he will get me deported".

"What can I do to make you feel better?" he said, feeling all the tears fall from his eyes, letting all the emotions take him whole.

She looked at him, still with puffy red eyes. She reached her hand to him and he hold it gently stroking it with her thumb.

"Just don't leave me, please" she muttered.

"I will never leave you, Carol".