London Calling

One, two, three, four boxes of clothes, books and many other things she owned, all that to take to Ben's house. Carol took an entire day just to sort her stuff out and separate into boxes, she was officially moving in with Ben. She felt excited but at the same moment, her anxiety was consuming her. After been abandoned before by her father (and other men), that creates traumas and changes your way of seen things, feeling things. 

Mae was the only one there, besides Ben, to help a friend out. Josie was already abroad, living with Gwil. Moving had a special feeling to it, she remembered of all the moments she had with her girl friends, when everything started. Not so long ago she was carrying mattresses and trying to fit a fridge through the door with Josie and Mae almost letting it fall. Carol thought of all the good and bad times she had on the apartment, on all the nights she cried in the shower, trying to believe that she wasn't a failure and that someday she was going to do great things, but there where not only depressing memories, there was also the great nights of trivia, talking and drinking with her friends, with the family she made. 

It was impossible not to feel proud, at least that's what you think when you see the whole trajectory Carol had, but yet, there it was, that annoying emotion, that something was going to go wrong, that she was not worth it of all the love, the attention and the good things. Things were about to get real and she didn't know if she was ready for it.

"I won't lie, I will miss you" Mae said, touching Carol's arms softly "It was a pleasure been your roommate" there was a feeling of nostalgia on that sentence, it wasn't only Carol that was reliving all those moments, but also Mae, that always cared for her friend. They've been friends for a while now and Maé knew about Carol's struggles, not all of them, but she knew her friend's been through some rough, dark days.

"I'll see you at work, dummy!"Carol felt the will to cry, but she hold it up the best she could "why am I getting emotional over this?" both of them giggled and hugged.

Sometime after that, everything was in Ben's car, pilling up. Carol had a box on her lap and also on her feet. Ben gave her a kiss on the chick and opened a big smile, he was so happy that they would finally, officially live together. He loved her from the bottom of his heart and he felt so lucky to have her by his side. He looked at her once again and felt his body warm, completely forgetting what he was doing before looking at her beautiful face. 

"What?" she said, a little shy.

"I love you so much" he said with all his heart.

"I love you more, my love".